Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 8/4/2013 10:20:00 AM

I bought this primer because I had read good things about it.

Turns out, I was making a bad decision.
It is thick and heavy and goes on like glue. It also smells strange. I stopped using it for a few days and my makeup looked much better. It makes my normally dry face very slick. I can definitely feel that it is on, it also lightened my skin which made my foundation go on lighter.

All in all, it is sticky, smelly and I would not buy it again.

on 7/18/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

NOTE: This review is for the old packaging, before they changed to the needle-nose tip.

I bought this primer on the Urban Decay website when it was on sale. Since I needed a new primer and this one was close to the price of my regular one, I decided to buy it.

I really love how it feels. It doesn't feel like silicone and has a more thick, moisturizer like feeling, although it doesn't moisturize. It spreads evenly and quickly, and sinks in very quickly as well.

I don't have problems with large pores, but I do find this helps my foundation go on smoother and look smoother. It helps my foundation last maybe an hour longer, but I don't have a problem with my foundation not wearing for very long.

The only thing that I don't like about the old packaging, which is probably why they changed it, is the way it is dispensed. It's very hard to get out of the tube, and I find I have to squeeze very hard to get even a little out.

If this wasn't around $30 full-priced, I would buy it again. I loved the texture as I hate that silicone feel, but it's too expensive for me to justify buying again.

on 7/6/2013 5:02:00 AM

I really liked this primer, it made my pores shrink, and my makeup stayed so nice all day, the only problem I had with it was that every time I used it I would get a new pimple :( I would recommend this for people that never break out, if it wasn't for that I would love it!

At first I was extremely excited about this product it was the first primer I bought and seriously I thought there is no way any product can achieve this amazing result. That was until my mum(age 40 and combination skin) used this product on one half of her face and the make up forever primer on the other half. Well the UD side of the face turned oily in just 2 hours while the MUF stayed matte on her face! So this product may work well on young almost flawless skin but not on mature skin. And also the packaging is horrible, the tube either squirts out too much or too little of the product. And as i'm getting closer to the end it's really hard to get the product out of the tube with me ending up cutting into the tube(resulting in dried up primer)

on 5/14/2013 8:44:00 PM

This primer fills in my pores and makes my skin look airbrushed. It also helps my makeup stay put longer. I put it on before makeup but after moisturizer, and sometimes I wear it by itself when I don't want to wear foundation some days. The tube can be hard to squeeze the product out of after you've used a bit, but cut the tube in half and you will find there is still tons in there you can scoop out with your fingers :)

on 4/14/2013 2:27:00 PM

Love love love! I took a break from using this because I was convinced I didn't need it. However I was crawling back the very next day because without it my foundation settles into my pore and looks awful. I look so fresh faced when I use this primer. It is, by far my favorite!

on 4/1/2013 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this used it a few times and then stop using it. I ran out of all my other primers so I thought I would give this a try again because I couldn't remember why I stopped using it. Then, all the reasons why I stopped using it came flooding back.

Very thick to apply which isn't great in my opinion if you break out ( like I do ). I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, because I have had no other primer and my pimple problems have come back to haunt me.

The smell isn't appealing either. Also, I find my make up slides during the day with this and makes my face oily.

Come on pay day, so I can buy another primer.

on 2/6/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The consistency of this product is really thick, so I would never use this on a day to day basis. I didn't really notice this making a difference with my foundations staying power, however it did disguise my pores really well. I will continue to use this product until I run out, but I won't repurchase. This was my first primer, I'm not sure what I was expecting from one, but it wasn't quite this. The packaging is a little irritating too, as the twisty top is sometimes difficult to twist, so sometimes I find myself just taking it off and squeezing it out. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone because it's pricey and I'm sure there are better primers out there for cheaper. I've heard good things about the Loreal one, so I think I'll give that a go.

on 12/13/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

SMELLS LIKE GLUE! And has the texture of glue too. And made my oily skin more oily. And did not do anything to enhance my foundation/smoothness of my skin. Total waste of money.

on 12/3/2012 4:08:00 PM

I really wanted to love this, and it works better than no primer at all, but it doesn't seem to help my t-zone from getting extremely shiny (especially my forehead). It's quite expensive as well. I much prefer the l'oreal studio secrets primer, it controls my oil better and smooths out my small forehead lines, whic the Urban Decay doesn't do AT ALL. This might work better for someone with a less oily forehead and nose though!