April 21, 2014 | 1380 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Sunflower5418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SMELLS LIKE GLUE! And has the texture of glue too. And made my oily skin more oily. And did not do anything to enhance my foundation/smoothness of my skin. Total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Smeadors

I really wanted to love this, and it works better than no primer at all, but it doesn't seem to help my t-zone from getting extremely shiny (especially my forehead). It's quite expensive as well. I much prefer the l'oreal studio secrets primer, it controls my oil better and smooths out my small forehead lines, whic the Urban Decay doesn't do AT ALL. This might work better for someone with a less oily forehead and nose though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't notice any real difference or positive result in either the appearance or wear of my foundation when using this. Not worth the price and I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I've tried a lot of primers in my extreme love for makeup. This one falls right in the middle for me. It's nothing special but it seems to smooth out my pores. I think I saw a review for this that reminded the user of bacon grease. It made me laugh a little because I can see where they get that impresson from, cold bacon grease that has turned white. With that said, it didn't seem to break me out or make me oily. I'm combination with an oily T-zone and dry eye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by tansy19

I really wanted the brightening formula but my Sephora is always out. I went to exchange my Porefessional from Benefit. (See my review on why I hate it!) I settled on this. Both UD primers are good but I honestly don't need any help with my pores bc they just aren't that big. And this one doesn't really seem to help my foundation (also from UD) stick like the brightening one does. I'll use it until I can get my hands on the other one then this is going up for swap. I put yes for buying this product again because it's a maybe. If I couldnt get the other I'd rather use this than anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I�m on a mission to find my HG primer and this one is a top contender for me. I happen to like the fact that it has a thick texture, reminiscent to Elmers Glue. It really fills up my pores and gives my foundation a nice smooth base to work with. I did not get this effect with previous primers that I have tried such as Tarte Clean Slate or Benefit That Gal. I understand if others do not like the texture of this primer since everyone has different skin and preferences.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by MsDZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The best way to use it is to put on your sunscreen/moisturizer first (and yes, even oily skin needs moisturizer and everyone needs sunscreen), wait a few minutes, then put on the primer, wait another few minutes, then put on whatever makeup you want to wear. Most of the time the primer feels and looks so good on my skin I can skip foundation all together. If I do have to wear any makeup it makes it blend more easily and look more natural on my skin. You don't have to use a whole lot so even though it is expensive, it will last a long time. I love how silky and soft it makes my skin feel! I don't care much for the packaging (the Elmer's Glue dispenser others have mentioned) but you can remove the top, just be careful how much you get out as you only need a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by JuliaS123

I would just like to say that this product is amazing you just really have to know how to use it. At first I tried it in the store and I loved it because when I looked in the mirror 5 minutes later my pores were gone. And for reference I have middle eastern skin with very large pores on my nose and cheek. So naturally I bought it but when I put it on and then started doing my makeup it looked AWFUL. After playing around with it I realized you need to let it sink into your skin! So now I apply moisturizer then this go fix my hair and get dressed and then I go and do my make up and it works wonderfully. My pores are practically invisible and my makeup lasts longer. Also I tend to break out alot and this product didn't do that to my skin.

My only concerns about this is that they have a similar thing at MAC and they TELL you to wait 5 minutes. I think the Urban Decay one should have similar instructions on the packaging
Also the packaging is super cute but the paint started to fall off the tip and sometimes even mix in with my primer which was awful so I just peeled the paint off so it wouldn't happen again, but for such a high end product, the packaging should be good. so yeah.

Final Verdict: It's worth the money. It does exactly what it's supposed to and works literally all day ( I've worn it traveling for over 14 hours) If you need smaller pores or long lasting makeup take a look at this primer

Edit: So I've used it for a while and notice whenever I use it I get blackheads around my nose ): I've stopped buying it and now try to find hypo allergenic primers, if urban decay could make this more skin safe I would love it just as much.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by joycethemakeupartist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many other primers that specifically claim to "perfect pores" but I think this product is very nice, just a little on the heavier duty side. The consistancy is toothpaste like but smooth with a little extra work to blend-which is normal as its job is to provide a smooth film. For my makeup work, I apply more thin/normal face primer, and apply this pore perfecting primer for the specific areas such as the nose, upper lip, eyelids and areas that have larger pores due to hair removal and such. I find that using this product creates the best surface to work with especially for those suffering from acne scars and dry skin. It keeps the makeup from melting or separating off the face, especially the nose or spotting at the eyelids.
For the purposes of the price, I would not repurchase simply because it will take a while for me to use up the tube and by that time & there are plenty of cheaper/better alternatives that work just as well or even better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My very first impression of this product was not great. I got a sample of it from Sephora, and the first time I used it, I used way too much and it felt like a greasy mess. Several months later I got another sample of it with an order, and I thought what the heck, will try it again, and use less. What a difference!! It does feel a little heavy and greasy at first, but it makes my skin look almost flawless, like velvet. I absolutely love the way it makes my skin look! A note on the packaging-it's not my favorite. It has a top that twists to open and close, not a lid that is removed. So you twist it open and squeeze out what you need. Then you twist it back shut, and there is always a little tiny bit of product that is squeezed out. Not a huge deal really, but I would prefer a regular twist off lid. I will still keep buying it though, because it makes my skin look amazing!