September 1, 2014 | 1989 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by mell80

I bought this used it a few times and then stop using it. I ran out of all my other primers so I thought I would give this a try again because I couldn't remember why I stopped using it. Then, all the reasons why I stopped using it came flooding back.

Very thick to apply which isn't great in my opinion if you break out ( like I do ). I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, because I have had no other primer and my pimple problems have come back to haunt me.

The smell isn't appealing either. Also, I find my make up slides during the day with this and makes my face oily.

Come on pay day, so I can buy another primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The consistency of this product is really thick, so I would never use this on a day to day basis. I didn't really notice this making a difference with my foundations staying power, however it did disguise my pores really well. I will continue to use this product until I run out, but I won't repurchase. This was my first primer, I'm not sure what I was expecting from one, but it wasn't quite this. The packaging is a little irritating too, as the twisty top is sometimes difficult to twist, so sometimes I find myself just taking it off and squeezing it out. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone because it's pricey and I'm sure there are better primers out there for cheaper. I've heard good things about the Loreal one, so I think I'll give that a go.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Sunflower5418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SMELLS LIKE GLUE! And has the texture of glue too. And made my oily skin more oily. And did not do anything to enhance my foundation/smoothness of my skin. Total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Smeadors

I really wanted to love this, and it works better than no primer at all, but it doesn't seem to help my t-zone from getting extremely shiny (especially my forehead). It's quite expensive as well. I much prefer the l'oreal studio secrets primer, it controls my oil better and smooths out my small forehead lines, whic the Urban Decay doesn't do AT ALL. This might work better for someone with a less oily forehead and nose though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't notice any real difference or positive result in either the appearance or wear of my foundation when using this. Not worth the price and I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I've tried a lot of primers in my extreme love for makeup. This one falls right in the middle for me. It's nothing special but it seems to smooth out my pores. I think I saw a review for this that reminded the user of bacon grease. It made me laugh a little because I can see where they get that impresson from, cold bacon grease that has turned white. With that said, it didn't seem to break me out or make me oily. I'm combination with an oily T-zone and dry eye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by tansy19

I really wanted the brightening formula but my Sephora is always out. I went to exchange my Porefessional from Benefit. (See my review on why I hate it!) I settled on this. Both UD primers are good but I honestly don't need any help with my pores bc they just aren't that big. And this one doesn't really seem to help my foundation (also from UD) stick like the brightening one does. I'll use it until I can get my hands on the other one then this is going up for swap. I put yes for buying this product again because it's a maybe. If I couldnt get the other I'd rather use this than anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I�m on a mission to find my HG primer and this one is a top contender for me. I happen to like the fact that it has a thick texture, reminiscent to Elmers Glue. It really fills up my pores and gives my foundation a nice smooth base to work with. I did not get this effect with previous primers that I have tried such as Tarte Clean Slate or Benefit That Gal. I understand if others do not like the texture of this primer since everyone has different skin and preferences.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by MsDZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The best way to use it is to put on your sunscreen/moisturizer first (and yes, even oily skin needs moisturizer and everyone needs sunscreen), wait a few minutes, then put on the primer, wait another few minutes, then put on whatever makeup you want to wear. Most of the time the primer feels and looks so good on my skin I can skip foundation all together. If I do have to wear any makeup it makes it blend more easily and look more natural on my skin. You don't have to use a whole lot so even though it is expensive, it will last a long time. I love how silky and soft it makes my skin feel! I don't care much for the packaging (the Elmer's Glue dispenser others have mentioned) but you can remove the top, just be careful how much you get out as you only need a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by JuliaS123

I would just like to say that this product is amazing you just really have to know how to use it. At first I tried it in the store and I loved it because when I looked in the mirror 5 minutes later my pores were gone. And for reference I have middle eastern skin with very large pores on my nose and cheek. So naturally I bought it but when I put it on and then started doing my makeup it looked AWFUL. After playing around with it I realized you need to let it sink into your skin! So now I apply moisturizer then this go fix my hair and get dressed and then I go and do my make up and it works wonderfully. My pores are practically invisible and my makeup lasts longer. Also I tend to break out alot and this product didn't do that to my skin.

My only concerns about this is that they have a similar thing at MAC and they TELL you to wait 5 minutes. I think the Urban Decay one should have similar instructions on the packaging
Also the packaging is super cute but the paint started to fall off the tip and sometimes even mix in with my primer which was awful so I just peeled the paint off so it wouldn't happen again, but for such a high end product, the packaging should be good. so yeah.

Final Verdict: It's worth the money. It does exactly what it's supposed to and works literally all day ( I've worn it traveling for over 14 hours) If you need smaller pores or long lasting makeup take a look at this primer

Edit: So I've used it for a while and notice whenever I use it I get blackheads around my nose ): I've stopped buying it and now try to find hypo allergenic primers, if urban decay could make this more skin safe I would love it just as much.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No