October 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG nail product! This saved my nails. I went from dry brittle nails, impossible to grow them and i was always fiddling with them, picking and biting them, but then i heard about this product and it has transformed my hands! I now have strong long healthy nails. I stopped fiddling and biting them and hardly have to maintain them apart from reapplying a fresh coat every now and then. I cannot stress the difference this has made. It can be used as a bottom and top coat or on its own as a clear varnish. I also out it on my toe nails. It has vitamins and minerals in it that gives the nail what it needs to be healthy. When i first got it i used it all the time, as directed on the box and constantly wore it on my nails as a treatment but now my nails are so healthy naturally that i only use it for maintenance. I was so impressed with this nail polish that i bought the whole opi nail care range (cuticle exfoliator, oil, hand cream, files and buffere) and a few colours of polish and I'm very happy with everything, as unlike alot of nail products, opi actually works and is worth the money. Opi products are also 3-free so they dont have the 3 nasty toxic chemicals most nails products do have. If you have less than perfect nails, or are growing them after acrylics or shellac, i highly recommend this holy grail nail polish treatment. Or even just use it as a base coat to keep your nails in top shape!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Angelaamorton24

It was an alright product... I find if you are constantly using it every week, your nails will just keep breaking off and getting dryer. But for a normal base coat.. It works a lot better because the polish makes the nail a little stronger against breakage !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Amazing stuff! I was having my nails done all the time for a while and they became dry and brittle and broke easily.. . it was horrible, I could not even wear nail polish.

I started using this again, even though I have been buying it for years on and off since I was in my late teens - I have tried all the different ones from original to matte. I don't see much difference between them so from now on I stick to the just the original formula.

It doesn't instantly fix the problem but after a week or two my nails were stronger and could actually grow a bit without breaking right off. I use this as "maintenance" now every time I change my nail colour or on bare nails. Even when my nails are in good shape I keep using it because it allows them to grow longer without the brittleness and breaking that normally happens as I wash my hands 100x a day (work in healthcare so it's a must!) It is pricey but I have never found anything that works as well as this so I will keep re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It doesn't make for much of a top coat, but this stuff does what it says it will. I can definitely see that my nails grow longer, and are in better health (less chips, thick, smooth surface) with just applying every four days or so. I generally use it as a base coat for when I'm painting my nails.

The formula spreads well. It hasn't got a lot of luster, but it dries SUPER fast. If you're doing a plain coat of clear it'll do the job, but anything else I'd use Seche Vite as the top coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This stuff is amaaaaaazing! I have super brittle nails that tend to peel and this helped with that so much! My nails feels significantly stronger when I use this and I find that my nails didn't peel as much too. I also find that my nails didn't turn as yellow when I used this aswell. This is definitely a must have for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by lalepepper

This is my Holy Grail nail strengthening product, which I also use as a base coat. I have also used the Matte formulation, which I like less than the original. The original formula is a fast-drying product that is very effective for my nails, which are prone to softness and peeling. The condition of my nails has increased dramatically and I do not need to buff my nails any more for a smooth finish.

Pros: Lovely subtle shine, can double as topcoat, do not need much for strengthening, prevents peeling, nails remain flexible, when used as a base coat polish chips less, not stain prone.

Cons: Retail price is too high (can be found for ~$6 online, vs. $17 retail), instructions can lead to overuse (calls for 5 coats over the course of a week).

I have been using this treatment for years now and would hate to be without it. With continued use I have seen long nails that retain their flexibility and remain bright and strong. Unfortunately, as with many products, continued use is the only way to assure that these effects will last. I find that going without it for more than a week leaves my nails peel prone and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by scottishredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a great deal to say about this except for it does what it claims to, dries quickly and is a great base - I use this every time I give myself a manicure before applying nail polish. I find that my nails still snap at the corners occasionally (with a square shape) but this is much less frequent since starting to use Nail Envy. As for the price, it is a little steep but one bottle lasts for months. Excellent product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SophieBrophie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. It made a difference very quickly and nails grew very fast. Only downside was it seemed to make them break once before then going on to make them stronger than before and with next to no breaking. Doesn't seem to have a lasting effect, though, you have to keep using it to maintain results. Definitely worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by argolis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nails have never been fast-growing or especially strong, but after having a gel manicure go slightly wrong, they seemed very thin too. I did research online and bought Nail Envy to help speed up the recovery process. I used the product religiously for a month and it did seem to make my nails grow faster. However, I noticed my nails were peeling terribly, which has never happened before. I kept using Nail Envy, thinking the peeling was related to the damage from the gel manicure. Still more peeling. I finally gave up on Nail Envy after 2-3 months of use. Now, two month later, my nails are finally back to their original, semi-healthy state. I'm not 100% sure that it was the Nail Envy that caused the peeling, but the stories here confirm my suspicions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by iJulianne

I have alway had soft nails that chip and split easily. I've been using this product now for three years and would never want to be without it. It goes on beautifully and dries quickly. Not only does it make my manicures last longer, my nails do not chip or split. In fact, as soon as I take my nail polish off and leave my nails bare for a few days, my nails become brittle and chip. This product keeps my nails soft and strong, chip and split free.