July 31, 2014 | 1687 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by scottishredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a great deal to say about this except for it does what it claims to, dries quickly and is a great base - I use this every time I give myself a manicure before applying nail polish. I find that my nails still snap at the corners occasionally (with a square shape) but this is much less frequent since starting to use Nail Envy. As for the price, it is a little steep but one bottle lasts for months. Excellent product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SophieBrophie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. It made a difference very quickly and nails grew very fast. Only downside was it seemed to make them break once before then going on to make them stronger than before and with next to no breaking. Doesn't seem to have a lasting effect, though, you have to keep using it to maintain results. Definitely worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by argolis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nails have never been fast-growing or especially strong, but after having a gel manicure go slightly wrong, they seemed very thin too. I did research online and bought Nail Envy to help speed up the recovery process. I used the product religiously for a month and it did seem to make my nails grow faster. However, I noticed my nails were peeling terribly, which has never happened before. I kept using Nail Envy, thinking the peeling was related to the damage from the gel manicure. Still more peeling. I finally gave up on Nail Envy after 2-3 months of use. Now, two month later, my nails are finally back to their original, semi-healthy state. I'm not 100% sure that it was the Nail Envy that caused the peeling, but the stories here confirm my suspicions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by iJulianne

I have alway had soft nails that chip and split easily. I've been using this product now for three years and would never want to be without it. It goes on beautifully and dries quickly. Not only does it make my manicures last longer, my nails do not chip or split. In fact, as soon as I take my nail polish off and leave my nails bare for a few days, my nails become brittle and chip. This product keeps my nails soft and strong, chip and split free.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by unicornbutt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a nail biter for as long as I can remember, deciding to force myself to stop by always keeping some form of nail polish on has been the only solution I've ever gotten to work. I got my nails to grow out, but working a somewhat labor-intensive job meant that almost every time I worked, one or two of my nails broke off (not to mention the constant peeling). With Nail Envy, I'd say I was really pleased with the results after the first week. I used it as the only product on my nails for about three weeks, before I stopped using it for a while and started just painting them again. I'm happy to say that my nails stay strong when I go back to regular polishes. After a while, if I poke at my nails too much, they might start to peel again, at which point I begin treating them again. I haven't had a broken nail in months! In fact, my nails got long enough that I had to cut them because they started getting in the way.

I recommend that anyone with dry, peeling, bendy nails gives this product a shot. It's not expensive, and it might work wonders for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by cmckillop139

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Absolutely love this nail treatment. Naturally my nails are very flimsy and they peel badly, add that to a year of constant acrylics, my nails were in a terrible state. I started using this a few months ago and my nails have completely stopped peeling and are very strong. I did cut them short for the first two months but now my nails are in a great condition and a lovely length. I would definitely recommend and both my mum and sister received a bottle as a part of their bday presents. It is more expensive compared to Sally Hansen nail treatments but well worth the investment

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by neonocto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I heard the hype about this product, and when I picked it up I was not disappointed. Although pricey, it is well worth the $15 or so. The applicator is great, and the formula itself applies evenly and dries quickly. After a few weeks of regular treatment (as a base coat every other day or so), my nails have gone from weak and splintery to well fortified, and have grown at an exceptional rate. I LOVE this product from OPI, and highly recommend it. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Holy grail, I'm pretty sure. I've tried EVERYTHING else, a gajillion different Sally Hansens, a gajillion different Avons, Quimica Alemana, stuff from Sally's Beauty Supply, EVERYTHING. Nothing works like this to make my nails stronger. As a bonus, used as a base coat, my color wears for almost a full week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by JMiami

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've worn acrylics and gel for the past year and have had a really bad habit of prying off my nails. When I finally took them off, I decided to buy this product by OPI. I've been using it for a month now and I've seen dramatic results. My brittle, peeling, short, red, painful nails have gone through a huge transformation. They're not long but they've grown a lot, they look healthy again and I've received compliments when just a month ago, I was getting "aw poor nails"! I've experienced no pain as some reviewers have mentioned, although I have noticed some yellowing from constant use. I love this miracle product, its definitely worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ColleenD113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the BEST nail hardener i ever used I am an older Lady I am on several medications that wrecked my nails. I tried every... I mean every nail product I could find, nothing worked until I found this. OPI nail envy helped my nails so much.no more chipping splitting or peeling. my nails are now long strong. I use 2 coats of the OPIi nail envy matte as a base coat... than 2 coats polish.... than 1coat of OPI nail envy the clear one as a top coat , than i put it on every other day. This WORKS GREAT FOR ME .my search is over this is the BEST HARDENER I EVER USED!!!