OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 3/27/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the most amazing stuff. My nails WERE crap, really, they were thin, brittle, they peeled, broke. I'd tried to be nice to them, Id tried moisturising when I washed my hands, wore gloves when I washed up, never painted them, still, they broke. Until Nail Envy. What can I say, I LOVE this product. My nails are strong, long... Imagine a unicorn in the forest with long white hair and delightful manicured hoofs, prancing merrily, no goblins or Tom Cruise to ruin your day. That's how I feel about this product. I feel "unicorn" about Nail Envy.

on 3/18/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Do not waste your money on this expensive product. I have used about 3 bottles of this and if I were to write a review on this last year I would have appraised it highly. You see, I have thin brittle nails coupled with short nail beds from years of nail biting and my manicurist recommended this product to me. Initially, the first bottle gave me some improvements, nails getting harder and nail beds longer and I was extremely delighted. Who doesn't want to have long beautiful healthy nails? But as time goes by and by the third bottle I noticed that my some of my nails are peeling and a few of my nails seem to be lifting off the beds. It really freaked me out. And then I did a lot of research online and found a solution which is cheaper. In the morning, I rub my nails with castor oil and at night I rub with olive oil follow by Vaseline to seal in the oil. I wear the Body Shop gloves and socks for at least half an hour.

Update
----------

Recently, I have added another method of strengthening my nails by adding 2 cloves of chopped garlic to my Revlon base coat and I am super happy that my nail beds have grown longer and harden. Although I love Solar oil as my cuticle oil I find it so expensive when it can cost me approx US9 per 0.1 fl oz and it is not easily available. As such, I have resorted to making my own cuticle oil from jojoba/vit e/olive/grapeseed and a couple of essential oils.

on 3/4/2014 9:30:00 PM

Love it!! After using this product according to the instructions stated, I found out that my free edge was curved inwards a lot more, meaning that my nail became thicker. I have very long nails, so whenever I bend them, they'll feel super soft (thanks to Nail Tek's Maintenance Plus which didn't do anything but weaken my nails so I had to cut them). After using OPI's Nail Envy, the free edge that I grew out wasn't even soft at all. It feels harder and more flexible now. Plus all these results were seen after just 3 days!!! Amazing!!!

on 2/13/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't have hugely brittle nails, but sometimes they go through brittle fazes where they're prone to bending and peeling. This is an amazing product to counteract these fazes. I wear it as a base coat under nail polish (which I wear everyday) and it adds strong nicely thick layer to my nails and stops them breaking. After a week or so of use, the nails themselves become stronger. I bought a mini version and have just ordered full size. A bit pricey though.

on 2/3/2014 6:25:00 AM

My nails were brittle and thin as a result from gel Manicure. After using this product for a month plus now following the directions, I notice that my nails are much stronger, grows nicely and faster. Downside is that my nail bed now is looking very dry with lines. Price is steep at rm110,applies very smoothly. Would consider repurchasing

on 1/14/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

HG nail product! This saved my nails. I went from dry brittle nails, impossible to grow them and i was always fiddling with them, picking and biting them, but then i heard about this product and it has transformed my hands! I now have strong long healthy nails. I stopped fiddling and biting them and hardly have to maintain them apart from reapplying a fresh coat every now and then. I cannot stress the difference this has made. It can be used as a bottom and top coat or on its own as a clear varnish. I also out it on my toe nails. It has vitamins and minerals in it that gives the nail what it needs to be healthy. When i first got it i used it all the time, as directed on the box and constantly wore it on my nails as a treatment but now my nails are so healthy naturally that i only use it for maintenance. I was so impressed with this nail polish that i bought the whole opi nail care range (cuticle exfoliator, oil, hand cream, files and buffere) and a few colours of polish and I'm very happy with everything, as unlike alot of nail products, opi actually works and is worth the money. Opi products are also 3-free so they dont have the 3 nasty toxic chemicals most nails products do have. If you have less than perfect nails, or are growing them after acrylics or shellac, i highly recommend this holy grail nail polish treatment. Or even just use it as a base coat to keep your nails in top shape!

It was an alright product... I find if you are constantly using it every week, your nails will just keep breaking off and getting dryer. But for a normal base coat.. It works a lot better because the polish makes the nail a little stronger against breakage !

on 11/3/2013 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing stuff! I was having my nails done all the time for a while and they became dry and brittle and broke easily.. . it was horrible, I could not even wear nail polish.

I started using this again, even though I have been buying it for years on and off since I was in my late teens - I have tried all the different ones from original to matte. I don't see much difference between them so from now on I stick to the just the original formula.

It doesn't instantly fix the problem but after a week or two my nails were stronger and could actually grow a bit without breaking right off. I use this as "maintenance" now every time I change my nail colour or on bare nails. Even when my nails are in good shape I keep using it because it allows them to grow longer without the brittleness and breaking that normally happens as I wash my hands 100x a day (work in healthcare so it's a must!) It is pricey but I have never found anything that works as well as this so I will keep re-purchasing.

on 10/20/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It doesn't make for much of a top coat, but this stuff does what it says it will. I can definitely see that my nails grow longer, and are in better health (less chips, thick, smooth surface) with just applying every four days or so. I generally use it as a base coat for when I'm painting my nails.

The formula spreads well. It hasn't got a lot of luster, but it dries SUPER fast. If you're doing a plain coat of clear it'll do the job, but anything else I'd use Seche Vite as the top coat.

on 10/20/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amaaaaaazing! I have super brittle nails that tend to peel and this helped with that so much! My nails feels significantly stronger when I use this and I find that my nails didn't peel as much too. I also find that my nails didn't turn as yellow when I used this aswell. This is definitely a must have for me!

Top Rated OPI Products