September 21, 2014 | 1009 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Fashionista97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about the Skindinavia line. I wanted to try out their setting spray for oily skin, seeing as I have oily skin. Trying for a week made my skin super dry. My skin started peeling. This made it very difficult to apply my face makeup. Even when applying my face makeup it would look flaky. This product sucks and I would never reccomend to anybody!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have hgh hope for this spray, but I did not like it at all. It did break me out after 1-2 times, I prefer the original finishing spray, at least it gave me natural finish and did not break me out. Pump was leaking in my first order but they replace another one for me quickly so I am happy with their customer service.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by TonyaB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say this does nothing for me. I wanted to like this product, and I thought I would after all the hype. I even bought the biggest bottle. It feels good when you spray it on and it makes you feel like your makeup is secure. But after only 1-2 hours, I could already feel and see the oil seeping through my makeup. I found myself retouching my face all day with powder to get rid of the oil on my face. I followed the directions on the bottle, even did some research for other ways to use it and it still doesn't work for me. I am very disappointed with this product.
I started using this spray on Jan 17th 2012 and used it 1-3 times a week with every makeup application.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cmarti37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this product. I have incrediably oily skin but no pimples and this spray really works. You need to spray before and after your makeup for it to work. I love it

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product is rubbish!! I have got oily skin and my skin normally starts to look shiny in 4 hrs but after using this product in 1 hr I m super oily, shiny and disgusting. I have tried to use it in different ways under and over makeup, but it just doesnt work at all. never buy it again. overhyped

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by boogie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this even with the mixed reviews. I tried it under makeup and also on top. Both ways I had the plastic look to my face. It also made me a lot more shiny than normal. I held it 8" and sprayed like it said. I am returning.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by jenmonica7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product after all the great reviews, especially since I have such oily skin; however, I have to agree with those who said this primer is too shiny on the face, at least for me. It kind of goes on like shiny plastic and if you are putting foundation on top that might work but I usually prefer powder and that was not enough to hide the platic-y shine (not even with a healthy dose of bare minerals powders which can go on pretty thick). I probably could have made this work shine-wise but the second issue is that when it dried on my skin it actually dried out my skin creating wrinkles I didn't even know I had! That was a deal breaker for me, so it had to go back. (I did try applying with a brush as well, but for me the results were the same.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by pineappleprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I use it before I put on my makeup and there's noticeably less shine than when I don't use it. It's also great for when photographs are being taken, because you know how shine can come through in photos even though your face isn't really that shiny in real life :P Anyway if you're looking for it in Canada, get it either at a boutique in your town or at ebeauty.ca. I'm not sure if Shoppers carries it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by helloranibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the packaging isn't pretty, but i've had my one bottle for a year and it's still clean, functioning perfectly, it's sturdy. built to last.
the day this arrived in the mail (i ordered directly from the website) i started a new job at a burger place. needless to say as the newbie i was put right on the grill, in the middle of summer. usually my makeup would have been dripping - yes, dripping, in blobs - off my face. the heat was INCREDIBLE and i was sweating like crazy.
i got home, expecting the worst, and my makeup was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.
no exxageration. it hadn't budged.
i feel this does exceptionally well in humid climates. my skin isn't particuarly oily anyway though, a get a little on the corners of my nose + forehead but aside from that i'm probably normal, if not a little dry.
the trick is, i've discovered, to spray this UNDER YOUR MAKEUP. over it does little, under it makes everything stick like crazy + go NOWHERE. so, as a sort of spray-on-primer. it makes my skin a lot smoother, silkier anyway so my foundation goes on 10 times better.
i have the 118ml bottle and again, this has lasted me a year spraying on about 3 good close sprays on my face daily, and still going. i usually spray and then wait a few minutes for it to sink in deeply, and then apply my makeup. it's an incredibly refreshing feeling.
so, wash face > moisturise > spray > makeup. that's it.
it is a WONDER PRODUCT, i can't say enough good things about it. definitely in my top 5 essentials and for the price/lasting power that's wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jeanyus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for a long time. It had been sitting in my drawer after it broke me out and looked like shiny plastic sitting on my skin the first couple times I used it. I figured I'd give it another try and I'm glad I did.

The trick I use is to apply by a BRUSH. If I spray it directly onto my face, too much is applied even at the correct distance. I spray inches away from a flat top kabuki and dab on my t-zone. Doesn't seem to work well on the chin though. My cheeks and forhead were amazing and had no shine after 9 hours.