NARS The Multiple in Copacabana

4.2

Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline wax), Alcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Polyethylene, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Euterpe Oleracea (Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil), Simethicone, Linseed Oil / Palm Oil Aminopropnaedio Esters, Aqua (Water), Silica, Glycerin, [(+/-) May contain Mica, Cl77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl77491 (Iron Oxides), Cl77492 (Iron Oxides), Cl77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl75470 (Carmine), Cl77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Cl77742 (Manganese Violet)

on 6/13/2012 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I apply Copacabana before I use NARS Orgasm, and it just gives a beautiful subtle sheer glow to my cheeks. The Muliple is very creamy and easy to glide on my face, but it becomes a bit hardened after 1 year, and so becomes a semi-creamy texture. It is a soft pearl colour with subtle shine, but I wouldn't call it glittery. It does what it says - gives a subtle dewy look but not over-the-top - and suitable for everyday makeup. Its butter-y texture is so soft that it can melt on my face easily, but it doesn't have long staying power and does slightly enlarge my pores - work better on dry but not oily skin. I would go for powders if I want more of a clean shimmery look if I need to further sculpt my face.

Texture: 5/5 butter-y, soft and creamy, make my dry skin look moisturized
Function: 4/5 create a subtle glow to my cheeks, but cannot really highlight the tip of my nose
Application: 4/5 use fingers or a synthetic brush
Packaging: 3.5/5 not very hygenic
Price: 3.5/5 the price is steep
Overall: 4/5

on 3/16/2012 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I do not understand the hype on this one. It does not really show up on me, maybe I'm too pale for it? I have to apply a ton to see it at all and when I do I essentially just have some glitter on my face.

on 3/13/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been dying to try this after seeing rave reviews on youtube about it. I love the packaging of this highlighter because it is great to keep in my purse. But it isn't the stellar highlighter I hoped it would be, a little too shimmery for me. Would not repurchase:(

I do not understand the hype, I bought a mini sized version of this just in case I ended up not liking it, and I didn't like it. It's not subtle at all! I love subtlety when it comes to makeup but the amount of glitter in this looks like something Lady Gaga would wear in one of her music videos. It's too expensive for the results, instead of looking "lit from within" this product looks like "stripper from vegas" I don't know maybe I'm not using it correctly but this definitely isn't the first stick highlighter I've tried, in fact I much prefer Benefit's Watt's Up to this (even though I very much dislike the gaudy almost childish packaging of "watt's up").

This product is nice for a night out, when you can be glitzy, sparkly, and glittery and no one would question it but I wouldn't wear this in the daytime. When over-applied it looks frosty (I'm fair skinned) and in order to achieve a natural look with this it needs to be blended out quite a bit and even then I don't like the large sized glitters, I have used other stick highlighters for half the price of this one that gave me better results. It's a nice eyeshadow however, but I didn't buy this wanting to use it as just an eyeshadow.

The packaging is nice, smooth and velvety easy-to-carry tube. No spilling, no mess in your purse so it gets one lippie for that. Wish the product lived up to the hype though. Would not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

FINALLY. a highlighter I love ! this is the only highlighter I own that actually shows up and is easy to blend. every other highlighter I own either barely shows up (and im PPP) or is super hard to blend, and look patchy. This is perfect. its a light pink color with lots of shimmer. super easy to apply with the stick form. kinda expensive ($46 CAN) but totally worth it. gives me the glow I've been searching for.

on 12/7/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Meeh... This is an average highlighter, nothing special or out of the ordinary about it. In fact, I feel this way about the brand NARS in general. Over the years Ive tried quite a lot of their makeup including some of their cult products, but nothing has managed to WOW me so far which is very unfortunate. But anyway back to this product. I picked this up back in July because I heard quite a few people describe this as a very natural and subtle highlight that mimics a natural glow from "within." Well this not how I feel about it. Its consistency is what ruins it for me in that its not very easy to work with since it has a dry consistency, and I feel like when I apply it on my face it ends up turing into a powder which makes it hard to blend. While I do like the pearlescent neutral color of this product, i do feel like it's texture is lacking a some moisture which makes it hard to blend and it ends up looking blotchy and unnatural. Unfortunatley, i probably will never use up the whole stick since you do get so much product in the tube, but since it is a multiple I will try using it as a cream to powder eyeshadow.

on 10/27/2011 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this everyday as a highlighter along my eyebrow bones, cheekbones, center of my nose, apples of my cheeks and my chin. I have dry skin and this injects luminosity back into my face after I've applied foundation and contouring powder, giving me a healthy glow. My favorite aspect is that it ISN'T GLITTERY that so many other highlighters. It's just a very subtle sheen, for lack of a better word. I hate the packaging, while it's portable it's also unhygienic and allows the product to get dirty and dry. I also find copacabana to be too 'white' after I fake tan - I think it's only appropriate for fair skinned people.

on 10/25/2011 5:40:00 AM

Shade: highly pearlised, pink-champagne. Suspect that this one would work best with cooler-toned complexions: proved thoroughly unflattering on my light, yellow-based skin. Also, a real pore emphasiser: not good.

on 10/20/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really want to like this product, but I just don't get it. Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but it makes my face look shiny, like I just came out of a sweaty gym class. I want to blot all the time, but it's not grease...it's the Multiple. I don't think I'm putting on too much, because if I put on any less, you couldn't tell I am wearing it. I put it right at the top of my cheek bones and up toward my temples (but not all the way to my temples).

I get a much better result (brighter highlighted skin) when I contour with just base and blush.

on 10/6/2011 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Stick form is very inconvenient, hard to blend coz it's like a super hard thickened cream, colour needs so much blending to make the illuminating effect subtle and nice. I find benefit moon beam to be a better and easier product to use for my warm toned skin.

Top Rated NARS Products