September 17, 2014 | 2183 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I have been dying to try this after seeing rave reviews on youtube about it. I love the packaging of this highlighter because it is great to keep in my purse. But it isn't the stellar highlighter I hoped it would be, a little too shimmery for me. Would not repurchase:(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by BeachPrincess10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not understand the hype, I bought a mini sized version of this just in case I ended up not liking it, and I didn't like it. It's not subtle at all! I love subtlety when it comes to makeup but the amount of glitter in this looks like something Lady Gaga would wear in one of her music videos. It's too expensive for the results, instead of looking "lit from within" this product looks like "stripper from vegas" I don't know maybe I'm not using it correctly but this definitely isn't the first stick highlighter I've tried, in fact I much prefer Benefit's Watt's Up to this (even though I very much dislike the gaudy almost childish packaging of "watt's up").

This product is nice for a night out, when you can be glitzy, sparkly, and glittery and no one would question it but I wouldn't wear this in the daytime. When over-applied it looks frosty (I'm fair skinned) and in order to achieve a natural look with this it needs to be blended out quite a bit and even then I don't like the large sized glitters, I have used other stick highlighters for half the price of this one that gave me better results. It's a nice eyeshadow however, but I didn't buy this wanting to use it as just an eyeshadow.

The packaging is nice, smooth and velvety easy-to-carry tube. No spilling, no mess in your purse so it gets one lippie for that. Wish the product lived up to the hype though. Would not buy again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by XxDeathXAngelxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY. a highlighter I love ! this is the only highlighter I own that actually shows up and is easy to blend. every other highlighter I own either barely shows up (and im PPP) or is super hard to blend, and look patchy. This is perfect. its a light pink color with lots of shimmer. super easy to apply with the stick form. kinda expensive ($46 CAN) but totally worth it. gives me the glow I've been searching for.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly89

Meeh... This is an average highlighter, nothing special or out of the ordinary about it. In fact, I feel this way about the brand NARS in general. Over the years Ive tried quite a lot of their makeup including some of their cult products, but nothing has managed to WOW me so far which is very unfortunate. But anyway back to this product. I picked this up back in July because I heard quite a few people describe this as a very natural and subtle highlight that mimics a natural glow from "within." Well this not how I feel about it. Its consistency is what ruins it for me in that its not very easy to work with since it has a dry consistency, and I feel like when I apply it on my face it ends up turing into a powder which makes it hard to blend. While I do like the pearlescent neutral color of this product, i do feel like it's texture is lacking a some moisture which makes it hard to blend and it ends up looking blotchy and unnatural. Unfortunatley, i probably will never use up the whole stick since you do get so much product in the tube, but since it is a multiple I will try using it as a cream to powder eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday as a highlighter along my eyebrow bones, cheekbones, center of my nose, apples of my cheeks and my chin. I have dry skin and this injects luminosity back into my face after I've applied foundation and contouring powder, giving me a healthy glow. My favorite aspect is that it ISN'T GLITTERY that so many other highlighters. It's just a very subtle sheen, for lack of a better word. I hate the packaging, while it's portable it's also unhygienic and allows the product to get dirty and dry. I also find copacabana to be too 'white' after I fake tan - I think it's only appropriate for fair skinned people.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Shade: highly pearlised, pink-champagne. Suspect that this one would work best with cooler-toned complexions: proved thoroughly unflattering on my light, yellow-based skin. Also, a real pore emphasiser: not good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I really want to like this product, but I just don't get it. Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but it makes my face look shiny, like I just came out of a sweaty gym class. I want to blot all the time, but it's not grease...it's the Multiple. I don't think I'm putting on too much, because if I put on any less, you couldn't tell I am wearing it. I put it right at the top of my cheek bones and up toward my temples (but not all the way to my temples).

I get a much better result (brighter highlighted skin) when I contour with just base and blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stick form is very inconvenient, hard to blend coz it's like a super hard thickened cream, colour needs so much blending to make the illuminating effect subtle and nice. I find benefit moon beam to be a better and easier product to use for my warm toned skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good pearlescent highlighter which is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Although it's a 'multiple', as it's a highlighter it can only be used one way (unless you wanna use it as an eyeshadow).
I like most NARS products but the packaging really bothers me. Its that unique matte black, slightly rubberised finish which get dirty extremely fast. After using a lot of NARS products the packaging always looks a bit unseemly and embarrassing with lots of fingerprints, smudges etc
For the price there are a lot of other good highlighters out there eg Benefit's high beam or moon beam, Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks (although they are very expensive too), MAC MSFetc. This is a high shimmer product so skin needs to be blemish free and not overly lined (it's for the younger ladies I feel)

I tend to use this under my foundation on my upper brow bone, cupids bow and outer cheek bone area, or I can mix it in carefully with my foundation on the back of my hand to get a more luminescent finish to my foundation. I am NC15-20ish so pretty damn pale. This is definitley more a highlighter for cool-toned palies like myself. If you are darker than an NC20 I would go for something like Luxor or perhaps Maldives. i would also have thought Luxor would be better suited/prettier on pale warm toned skin.
I wont be repurchasing this as highlighters are a dime a dozen and there a lot of other more well priced yet excellent products out there to be bought :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by GinaLouSays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Really wanted to try a NARS highlighter, and was stuck on this or Albatross. Evidently enough, I bought both, but really wanted to try Copacabana first. Watched reviews on YouTube about this and was really excited. I must say, it lives up to the hype. I does look frosty in the tube, but it still goes on nice a sheer, but still with a glow. What really sold me is that it has a skin tone flesh color, so it's really easy to blend with your skin tone. Really happy I bought this as my first Multiple.