Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

4.1

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, <+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492/IRON OXIDES, CI 15850/RED 7, CI 45410/RED 28 LAKE, CI 19140/YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 15985/YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 45380/RED 22 LAKE, CI 42090/BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 75470/CARMINE> FIL D36361/1

on 4/30/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really loved this lip gloss:) It was not sticky or goopy, like some lip glosses, it gave off a nice, natural color (I bought it in "Touch of Toffee") and an adorable shimmer. I use it over eos lip balm and it lasts about 20-30 min. The only real downside would be the flavor, if it was more appealing, than this would truly be perfect lip gloss, but if you use it over a flavored lip balm (like eos or Burt's Bees) it's just fine.

on 3/6/2012 5:35:00 PM

This product has all that you can expect from lip gloss, but is not otherwise anything special. I had two shades of it, coppy-brown shades whose names I can't remember. While these are good lipglosses with rather good lasting power, I would not recommend them for those who want very dense and intense colours.

on 12/18/2011 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love these again I am a lipgloss junkie. I Love my lips to shine and look great. These are very cheap and do a great job for the money. The smell is not over powering and the consistany of the product is great. These lipgloss are great they have more then enough colors and every one that is looking for a gloss will find a color that they like. Try these if you have not. I get the ones that go with the lipstick that I have. Which is almost all of them.

on 12/15/2011 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Yes Id buy this again. Its a soft, creamy, non-sticky lipgloss. The colour payoff isnt as great as the ad says BUT is better than most lipglosses!!!! Id buy this again, as my lips seem to love it :)

on 12/8/2011 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love these lip glosses. After spending a small fortune on a bunch of Buxoms over the past few years, I got tired of my family complaining when I kissed them with the "burning lipstick." Plus, my $20 a pop lip gloss habit was hurting our budget. I was surprised when a chic friend recommended the ColorSensational lipsticks. I bought one, and liked it, but I prefer the natural look of a glossl, so I started checking out the ColorSensational lip glosses. Well, they are fabulous.
Pros:
~Excellent color range - I like a variety of choices
~Smooths my lips and keeps them soft- no flakes!
~Subtle shimmer - gives dimension without big glitters!
~Gentle orange scent that fades quickly
~Inexpensive - many of us are trying to cut back these days
~Available everywhere - no inconvenient trips to the mall
~True to color - if it looks pigmented in the tube, it is - if not, it's sheer
~Makes lips look full without burning sensation
~Lasts longer than other glosses I've tried - maybe 3 hours
Cons:
~A trifle sticky - long hair might get caught on a windy day
~Plain package - not bad, but totally plain squared tube
~You might not like the smell if you prefer unscented products

I have five colors:
Raspberry Sorbet - fruity pink with a gentle shimmer
Mocha Glaze - shimmering neutral sandy cafe au lait, but doesn't come
off "dead" on medium complexions
Sugared Honey - natural coraly-rose with a soft shimmer
Pink Perfection - very, very light pink, but it leaves a lovely pearly shine
Broadway Bronze - despite the silly name, it is a pretty bronzy-caramel

If you like your lips to look healthy and radiant, not too made up or fake, I think you will enjoy these glosses. And I like that in this time of belt-tightening, my favorite indulgence no longer costs me a $20 bill! I like to purchase them at Harmon with a coupon. I hope you enjoy!

on 10/1/2011 11:10:00 PM

This is my all time favorite lip gloss. It smells nice, doesn't taste bad if you accidentally get some in your mouth, doesn't dry out your lips, gives a good color, very pigmented, buildable, not too much shine, similar to a liquid lipstick, decent price.

Update: Still loving it! The shade I got...I forgot the name but it's a deep berry color...is a little dark for me, but as long as I just use a little and blend it out with my finger, it still works fine. It lasts forever if you use it this way.

on 9/16/2011 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got a bunch of them, because they didn't have tester where I got them. Since then, I've given them to everybody I know. The reason why I rated this one lippie is because I simple cannot handle the smell. It's so strong it makes my throat dry and gives me a headache. It lasts for a good amount of time, but at the same time manages to dry out my lips so bad I just want to wipe it off asap. It even leaves little white stuff along my lips which is extremely unattractive. Overall, I very much dislike this gloss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So i didnt actually buy this, I took my cousins. I have Pink Perfection. FIRST OFF, this is NOT PIGMENTED. it is very shimmery and is fantastic for layering or if you want some shine and shimmer. Its not sticky at all, which is fantastic. obviously its not long lasting, its a gloss. I like it a lot, but I'm not a gloss girl, so I won't get it again.
Pros:
not sticky
shimmery
not gritty sparkles
great layering quality
Cons:
no pigment
comes off really fast
leaves a sparkly residue
cheap packaging

overall, I recommend this to those who like shimmer or layering.

on 8/26/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the best gloss I have bought in all my makeup life. I got Salsa Sun love this coral color, doesn´t feel sticky at all. Definitely I ´ll buy it again.. Love my Salsa Sun...

on 8/21/2011 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bought this tonight as a replacement for my BE Buxom gloss (I couldn't afford to replace that right now). I have to say that I am very pleased. I bought #055- Rasberry Sorbet.

The color payoff is wonderful - it's just slightly less coverage than a full lipstick. I was sort of wary of the sparkle/shimmer/pearly specks in the tube, but I was pretty suprised that they aren't noticeable once it's applied.

The formula, in my opinion is awesome. It is incredibly smooth and creamy and it doesn't feel like a traditional lipgloss. I first put in my dark car as soon as I bought it. I couldn't see well but when I felt the texture I was almost positive that there was no shine because it just felt too velvety. I was expecting to go home and find a matte color. I was super stoked to see that it actually did shine like a gloss too. Score!

As for the smell - it's a very light orange-y taste. It certainly isn't the worst I have encountered, but not awesome either. It wouldn't prevent me from buying it again, however. Unless you are really sensitive to smells and tastes, this won't be a problem for you.

I hate the packaging...it looks way cheap (but, it was, so you get what you pay for I suppose). There is no label on the outside body and it just looks very retro to me. Maybe I'm vain, but I'd rather spend extra money for a prettier package (think Dior glosses) to carry around in public.

This gloss was worth the $5.68 I paid for it and I'd buy it again for sure, but it won't be one that I carry with me mainly because the packaging is ugly. I'll keep it in my makeup drawer for use before going out and touch up with something else during the day.

Recommended for Medium Skin