December 18, 2014 | 1572 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

I like the formulation and it does stay on long, but the opening of it is quite big, and it is hard to pour out when you want only a small amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sS1221R

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

been buying this for years and really need to try the new release of it. great coverage and AMAZING staying power. after trying it on i tried washing it off and the water literally ran off it without moving product. always use this when i workout or in hot weather. only downside is it has a strong matte finish but can be easily fixed with setting spray.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by angelaslh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is alright for a drugstore foundation i guess.. It feels quite cakey on my skin and it doesn't even have the greatest coverage. If you have oily skin this is a no-no. The colour range isn't great at all. Most drugstore foundations tend to only have colour matches for pink-undertone so i wasn't expecting much else. I can't really have an opinion about it because i am unable to match it to my skin so maybe people with pink-undertones will be able to give a better review of it. I also don't like that this doesn't have a pump because it is quite thick and hard to get out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Imablondemoment

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I bought this in the color nude. I have to say I really love the coverage and all it looks good and I don't need to wear a powder only cause I get a little oily! Yet the problem is it oxidized and made me look orange? Does any one else have this problem? I'm going to buy a lighter shade and hope it works cause other than that I really like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: classic beige (NC37 for reference)

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- long wearing
- looks natural
- doesn't oxidize
- satin finish

CONS

- no pump
- dries quickly
- feels heavy

COMMENTS: I despise foundations with no pumps, but that's just how the cookie crumbles. This is a long wearing, satin finish foundation. Medium to full coverage. It stays put on my oily skin and I get a good 4 hours before I get oily, which is the norm for me. It still managed to stay on, but will get quite dewy the longer it's worn. The finish is comparable to L'Oreal True Match - satin (very natural) then gets quite dewy, except this one doesn't transfer and isn't as lightweight. I love how this makes my skin look, though. It really melts into the skin and even if a brush is used, it gives the appearance of having used a damp blending sponge as it doesn't sit on top of the skin or look unnatural. It also didn't oxidize and 'classic beige' was a perfect match.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HALLELUJAH I HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL.
No seriously, you don't even know. I love this stuff. I want to marry this stuff. You think I'm joking. But I most definitely am not.

After a lovely user mre95 (Check her out:) suggested it, I messaged her, and picked this up. No other reviews read, just her recommendation, no further questions. I knew I must try this. I picked it up and absolutely loved it. I discovered that this glorious foundation..
A. Was a great match to my skin
B. Covered blemishes and redness flawlessly
C. Lasted a long time.
D. Looked natural while providing coverage.
Those things were enough to make this HG material for me. But my review doesn't stop here. Oh no.

Today I was out for 11 hours straight. I spent and hour and a half of that on a bus, 2 hours walking, and 4-5 hours in a hot gymnasium with a hundred teenagers. When I came home and looked in the mirror, what I saw LITERALLY MADE ME WANT TO FALL ON MY FACE AND WORSHIP THE GROUND THIS FOUNDATION WALKS ON.

After 11 complete hours of wear, with ABSOLUTELY NO touch ups, my face not only had flawless coverage, but looked natural, and my entire face just looked fresh. AFTER 11 HOURS OF WEAR PEOPLE.

Please do not listen to people comparing this to color stay. BECAUSE REVLON COLORSTAY DOES NOT HOLD A SINGLE CANDLE TO THIS FOUNDATION. Saying this is like Revlon is doing this foundation a disservice. This is so much more natural looking. It provides coverage while not being cakey at all, and I don't even need primer or powder. You heard me. No powder.

This foundation is just phenomenal. I had about seven very large painful blemishes today, and this covered them flawlessly, without upsetting my skin, or causing it to break out more.

I hope you will go out and purchase this right now. If you like wearing full coverage foundation regularly, or just need it for special occasions, this is the stuff you need. I cannot recommend this highly enough. I give this product one million stars.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by LilaMerc

I bought this out of desperation for my very acne prone skin. I'm always having breakouts and I struggle with quite dry but also quite oily skin. I would pay a lot for the perfect foundation! I've tried a couple higher-end ones but sticking closer to DS foundations for my wallet's sake. So glad that I tried Superstay, though some of the reviews scared me.

My skin is super sensitive as well as having the above issues, so with that in mind, this gave me just what I needed. Coverage, staying power without drying, and finally a warm enough shade for me. I found this much different than Colorstay. Unfortunately I CANNOT wear CS because it dries me out ridiculously and I like a more natural look. I also CANNOT wear L'Oreal True Match because it melts off my face in just an hour or two, which is sad because I love the smooth, natural, pore-less look it gives me initially.

Superstay gave me just what I needed. So far it is the best foundation I've found!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Super Stay is a really great foundation; I'd compare it to Revlon's Colorstay.
I liked a lot of things about this product and its performance; the one aspect that I didn't like quite so much was the color. The colors in this line are all cool-toned; if you're cool-toned, then these are for you. There is a great range of colors to choose from. However, I am warm-toned, so using this foundation did mean a bit of a mismatch, even though the actual colour matched me all right.
Another thing is that this foundation oxidizes big time; buy a shade or three lighter than it looks in the box, because it will oxidize to become much darker. I thought that this foundation will be great for the winter, but it turned out that this was more of a shade for when I am tanned.
The texture of the foundation is thick; it's supposed to be full coverage, I think, so you may need to use a bit more to get it all around your face. On the face, it leaves a velvety feel, which I think is really cool(:
However, the performance of it was really impressive. The finish was slightly dewy; not matte, but it's easy to mattify it with any powder. This foundation is very full-coverage; I didn't even have to use any concealer with this! Its staying power was indeed incredible. With primer, it stays on perfectly for the whole 18+ hours that I wear makeup each day. I don't know if it stays on for 24 hours, but I do know that it is also waterproof; I've swam with this on, and it survived an hour in the pool.
The bottle itself isn't quite comfortable if you don't like pouring out foundation; it's far too easy to pour out too much. However, you get a good amount of product that'll last a while, and the price is relatively good- $11 or $12, I think.
I would not repurchase this foundation because the undertones did not match mine; however, if you're looking for an awesome, cheap, cool-toned, full-coverage product, then I highly recommend Super Stay!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just finished this bottle. It lasted for about five months with every other day use. It evens out my skin tone, hides some if my acne but not the really bad scarrings. It does do that thing wear it gets flaky at the dry parts of your face. Has medium coverage which I think is great. It does get cakey if there's too many layers. Matches my skin perfectly,it brings brightness to my face. I'll be repurchasing in the next couple of days.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by zayasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried this because my skin needed a break from Revlon Colorstay, which remains to be my HG. Maybelline Superstay was really promising at first. It had everything I looked for in a foundation: a soft matte finish, medium to full coverage and does last all day (though of course, like any foundation, retouching is expected by the end of the day but nothing a good powder can't fix).

Unfortunately, this breaks me out terribly within a day of use. Tried to use it on and off for a weeks but no can do.

Standard glass bottle but no pump though. Texture is very runny so expect a lot of wasted product. The colors tend to run a tiny bit pink, but can oxidize to match your tone after application. For reference, I'm NC42 and tried Maybelline Superstay in Natural Tan.