July 31, 2014 | 1030 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just finished this bottle. It lasted for about five months with every other day use. It evens out my skin tone, hides some if my acne but not the really bad scarrings. It does do that thing wear it gets flaky at the dry parts of your face. Has medium coverage which I think is great. It does get cakey if there's too many layers. Matches my skin perfectly,it brings brightness to my face. I'll be repurchasing in the next couple of days.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by zayasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried this because my skin needed a break from Revlon Colorstay, which remains to be my HG. Maybelline Superstay was really promising at first. It had everything I looked for in a foundation: a soft matte finish, medium to full coverage and does last all day (though of course, like any foundation, retouching is expected by the end of the day but nothing a good powder can't fix).

Unfortunately, this breaks me out terribly within a day of use. Tried to use it on and off for a weeks but no can do.

Standard glass bottle but no pump though. Texture is very runny so expect a lot of wasted product. The colors tend to run a tiny bit pink, but can oxidize to match your tone after application. For reference, I'm NC42 and tried Maybelline Superstay in Natural Tan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Before I tried this I read many reviews saying it oxidizes. I decided to just get it anyways because it was generally rated well, and I wanted to try it. Well, the first time I put it on I didn't really notice, but the next time I definitely noticed it change colour. As soon as it dried, it turned darker. I was using a mix of porcelain and buff, two of the lightest shades, and they darkened almost immediately. It is the strangest thing, but my face was too dark and orangey and I had to take it off.
Other than that, it has good coverage and dries to a matte finish. It isn't cakey and feels smooth on the skin.
I'm planning on trying this in the summer when I'm a few shades darker, and the darkening of the shade won't matter.
I wish it didn't have this problem… I was hoping to love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

I was quite disappointed with this product. I was looking for something other than my usual revlon colorstay. I work long days in a court room where I do of running around and I need something really long lasting. It's extra challenging bc I have very oily skin. I tried this in lots of different ways, with powder, without powder, sponge application, fingers, brushes. It always ended up half gone by afternoon tea time and what was left just seemed to cake up as the day progressed. I was really disappointed

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cwcali22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product only thing I hate is that it does it come with the pump

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to drug store foundation. I have recently bought Estee Lauder's Double Wear which I truly freaking love, but if I wear the same foundation day after day, I find that my skin starts to get too used to the product, so I try to switch between two foundations every other day.

I have oily skin and moderate acne (blackheads and a few cystic bumps). I think that this covers them up quite well!! Also, I am a really weird skin tone, I'm super fair skinned, but not in a pinky way. More of a yellow undertone. So if you have to get a darker shade to avoid looking pink, I promise it's easy to blend out and wear a lighter powder over to fix that.

I think it covers up my acne well and it is probably the best drugstore foundation I've used for oiliness (yes I've tried Revlon Colorstay and I have never ever been able to find the right shade and it never really works for me.) So, if you're not sold on ColorStay either, I would strongly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by xoamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If your looking for a foundation that gives you full coverage , this one is for you . Only thing stopping me from purchasing again is that it doesnt work to well with my oily skin .

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I really loved this product. It suited my color very well which is light-medium with yellow and olive undertones. I also have combination to oily skin. I thought I had met the best drugstore foundation. Then I was proved wrong. This foundation has many pros and cons. So lets start with the pros.

PROS: ~Blends easily
~Coverage is medium
~ Feels light
~Stay put without powder
~ Doesn't transfer
~ Good price
CONS: ~ Turned orange after 1 hour of wear
~ Controls shine for a couple of hours only (looks really shiny at end of a 6 hour
period on me)
~ Rubs off when face is oily
~ Can look cakey
~ No pump dispenser
Overall I would not buy this product again because it doesn't work for my skin tone and type. But if you have a darker skin tone (so you cant see the orange very clearly), normal skin type and don't wear a lot of foundation ( one coat is a good medium coverage) I would recommend this foundation for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Oleanderleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product in Sand Beige works nicely for my light/slightly yellow Caucasian skin. It glides on evenly with the use of a brush, or fingers. It does get slightly oily by the end of the day, but stays put with primer, and I don't mind touching it up with a bit of loose powder every now and again. The packaging isn't too great as it drips over and gets around the threads of the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by stuffaboutbeauty

I really like this foundation, I am yellow- toned and it is so hard for me to find a shade that doesn't look to peachy or pink on me and this sand beige color is perfect for me. I wanted something that would cover my hyperpigmentation and not come off when I touched my face. This foundation is so great and I wear it quite often... I am also loving the Revlon whipped crème foundation in sand beige as well. I am stuck between the two of them and love them both but I'll admit the whipped crème texture allures to me a little bit more but this Maybelline Super Stay foundation is top notch.