April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Smoky Lash - Extra Black

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after i tried Smoky lash.
Pros:
Very black
long shelf-life
Gives long lashes and holds a curl
Waterproof as promised

Cons:
Extremely difficult to remove
Gives lashes hard textures, unlike smoky lash non-waterproof which left them nice and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the few waterproof mascaras that actually gives a great amount of volume and length. That being said though, it is not the best wearing waterproof mascara I have used. For everyday use it is great but when we spent a week in the Florida heat and humidity this let me down a bit. It wore great for the fist 5 or 6 hours and then my oily skin kicked in and it started to smudge. It wiped off easily though with just my finger smoothing my under eye concealer.

So would I buy it again? Probably until I find a waterproof mascara that has longer wear time AND has incredible thickening and lengthening capabilities...so far this is the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by MsSpice

I was underwhelmed completely with this mascara. My girl at sephora recommended it to me, but the only impressive thing was the staying power. As a waterproof mascara it really did the job. All day at the beach and it didn't budge. I found it just didn't plump or build up my lashes. It was just a colour slick and I had to work on it to get volume. Other poster said it worked nicely over eyelash primer, which I didn't try.

All in all I dont think I would repurchase. I found it expensive at 17 euros (over 20usd) for the the results it produced.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ltan68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes i would repurchase n YES I already have! I have short n sparse asian lashes... :( but with a primer n this mascara on top, it literally looks like i have false lashes on. n someone actually asked me if i was wearing false lashes. It holds the curl pretty good. it makes my lashes look thicker. n its definitely EXTRA black. which i love. i don't love the fact that it dries out in the tube pretty fast so i go thru a tube more often than usual but it's not as expensive as all the other mascaras i've used before so i think it is a fair trade.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this since a makeup guru on YouTube kept bragging about how good it is for hot/humid weather, water sports and the pool. I have worn it through hot/humid weather and for a waterproof mascara, I felt like it smeared and made me look like a raccoon when it wasn't suppose to. I don't wear any makeup when I swim or do any water activities, so I can't comment on how well it works after swimming/water sports. Mascara works differently on everyone, while this worked great on some people; it didn't wow me enough to keep using it or brag about it the way the YouTube makeup guru did.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by fofocool

It makes my lashes look many more than they are... it provides both volume and lenght but not crazy results.. It's a good mascara.. well, I'd say maybe more than good.... but I am sure that I can find a better one, which will be cheaper than this one, better than this one and of course one that won't DRY as fast as this mascara... Actually this is the main reason why I am not rebuying it....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Jenny16121

Oh.My.Goodness. Im just going to start off saying that this is my top mascara ever! Perfect to use to go to the beach or pool. I went to the pool the other day and had this mascara on and my friend on a waterproof mascara from te drugstore. As we went into the water, guess who's stayed on and who's smudges? Oh my poor friend ended up with racoon eyes in the end and mine stayed on for the rest of the day! My lashes stayed black and voluminous. Such a great buy and it's totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i got this as a free sample at sephora, and even tho it's kind of small i LOVE it!

i don't usually wear waterproof mascaras since it takes a while removing it vs normal mascara, but this mascara is AMAZING! i could never find a good lenghthening mascara, and this mascara lengthens so perfectly! it really made my eyes pop, i had no idea my lashes could become that long. it really darkens as well. it claims to hold a curl and create volume too, but it didn't really hold my curl for a long time, but most mascaras dont. it lasted maybe an hour. the volume is the same. i love this product, but if i run out i don't think i'll purchase because it's pretty pricey for mascara! even tho it's the perfect amazing.... eh i'll have to think about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mgfer

I bought this mascara because the girl in Sephora said it provided huge volume...and so it did.... but after some minutes it started to melt and I looked like a boxer..with black eyelids...
This may work for someone that does not have oily eyelids....Not for me.
I even tried over my Urban Decay lash primer and it improved, but finally melted as well.
To the bin :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jadelexx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking forward to using this mascara after having heard great things about it on YouTube. I got the waterproof version to hold the curl after using my lash curler. However, even though it was waterproof it smudged everytime I used it and would sting my eyes after smudging! It was more expensive than other mascaras that I have that didn't give me these problems. Waste of my money.