April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Clean Artiste

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

My latest buy in an effort to find something I like as well as Lancome Bi-Facil. CA works ok but compared to Bi-Facil it's like comparing a Nissan to a Maserati. Both will get you there in the end but with CA I find it takes double the amount as Bi-Facil and still I'm holding the cotton pad against my eyelids for an inordinate amount of time with iffy end results. And I don't even wear waterproof mascara or heavy duty eyeliner. I didn't have a problem with the cap so maybe they fixed that but I only give them middlin' marks because they could have put a squirter in the bottle so there would be some control of how fast this product pours out. CA is cheap but I'd rather have good so I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and buy the Lancome product if I want fast and thorough.

Note: I did find this gentler than Sonia Kashuk's Remove and Neutrogena's eye makeup remover so I would buy if I couldn't get Lancome Bi-Facil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the store-brand knockoff of the blue formulation of Clean Artiste. The ingredients are the same.

This is the best eye makeup remover I've used. Much better than any kind of oil or Vaseline, and superior to Estee Lauder's remover (which I think dried my lashes, caused lash-loss, and didn't remove all my mascara).

This formula is as mild as water on my eyes, and it takes off almost all my mascara. Previously, even after using remover and facewash, I'd have mascara smudges under my eyes. Not so with this product. It also doesn't cause any drying or stripping of my the skin around my eyes.

I'm very happy with this remover and will continue to buy it because the knockoff is so cheap and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by gabrielle1392

I started using this product 3 days ago because of rave reviews on youtube. I heard that it helps your lashes grow so I thought I'd give it a try. I already have pretty long eyelashes but even after 3 days of using this I see a difference. My lashes look fuller and healthier because of the lash conditioners in this remover. Every night i wash off all my makeup but there's usually a little bit left so i swipe a cotton ball with the remover over my eyelids focusing on my lashes and i go right to bed. This product is great for those of you whose lashes need a little boost. I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the safety cap, great for travel.
It takes off most of my makeup. I find that after I wash my face I have raccoon eyes, and need to use a q-tip to get the excess eyeliner off.
It also leave my face kinda greasy. I don't really care because I wash my face after using it.
One bottle lasted me 3 months, so a little goes a long way.

I honestly haven't found a remover that removes everything, most do absolutely nothing for waterproof formulas, so this is good enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this only because I was at Ulta and had a coupon, making it dirt cheap. I usually use the Sonia Kashuk remover, and this seemed to be the closest thing I could find.
It works very similarly to the SK. However I hate the childproof pill bottle style lid. Very annoying. And the formula itself leaves a horribly oily residue it leaves behind. It does take off long wear and waterproof makeup with ease, however I use remover on a Q-tip to prefect eyeliner and things during makeup application, and the residue is horrible for this. For once I'm glad one of my cats knocked a product in the sink so I can return to my SK remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think it was worth the $7. The new bottle doesn't claim to condition lashes like the one before it did. They do have the same list of ingredients, so I'm sure after a few months you'll get the benefit of that. I've heard it gives longer lashes because of this property, and I'm all for that. I like the duo removers because they get right down to removing waterproof makeup. The child proof cap makes a lot of sense because it also makes it spill proof in any cosmetic bag or travel case. Plus your kids won't be able to get into it by mistake.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This worked really good for removing waterproof mascara for myself. It kind of does leave a slight residue behind though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a cheaper alternative to the Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover. For the first couple weeks, I adored it. It wasn't oily, didn't leave a greasy feel to my eyes after removing makeup; it got the job done. But then.. it suddenly stopped working. It barely takes off my eyeshadow/eyeliner. I don't even try with my mascara anymore. I've shook it to get the product evenly distributed and it didn't make a difference. I don't know what could have happened. Therefore, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

I love this product. It manages to remove a lot of my makeup. Sometimes, I can get away with just using this alone without taking a shower. With other eye makeup removers, I have to shower first before it actually removes all traces of my makeup, but with this, it does a very good job and it doesn't sting my eyes, either, like the Maybelline one did.

However, what I don't like about this product is the packaging. When I first tried to open it, it was literally impossible to open! Some child safety feature or something. And it took me a week before I could get this to crack open, it was ridiculous! But once I got it open and I tried it, it was actually a pretty goo eye makeup remover.

Even if this was a good eye makeup remover, I will not be repurchasing this because of the fact that it was hard to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mamitasalsita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eye makeup remover. It works really well at removing even my most difficult mascaras. It is a lot cheaper than other brands I have tried and is not oily. It has not caused any eye irritation either.