Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

on 5/25/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I only really use neutrals on my eyes, and this is so far the best I've tried! I use the darkest shade as liner for my eyes and brows, and the shimmery taupe for my lids. I don't use the lightest shade or the crease shade as often, only when I'm going for a more dramatic look.

I recently ran out of the lid colour, and instead of re-purchasing I bought the single-colour Chic Naturals 250S Tastefully Taupe. I actually like this much better, it doesn't have as much shimmer and the colour suits me better.

I would purchase this quad again though, it's really handy for the darker colour and when traveling... but they changed the packaging and now you don't get an even amount of each colour, so I might be looking for something new.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I read great reviews of this trio, but for me it was a little "eh." I like it for daily use - it's very light and flattering. A little too light at times. The base white colour is way too light - it doesn't really show up on my fair skin. However I love the light taupey slightly glittery eyelid colour - unfortunately the base one takes up double the space in the trio, as does the liner which I don't even use. The darker brown for the crease is okay too. I would repurchase the taupe colour, but not the whole trio. In addition to the unbalanced distribution of colours, the lid broke within a month of buying it, which is annoying. Not terrible, but not good enough to repurchase for me!

on 4/18/2012 4:00:00 PM

Like what Blair said to Chuck (just finished watching an episode of Gossip Girl lolz), I love this quad but am not IN love with it. I definitely see it as a staple for everyone's mu bag simply because it is such a steal for the price, but if you're looking for a natural smokey eye to wear out during the day I think you're better off getting something else. This quad has a matte vanilla highlighter shade, a silvery taupe, a copperish orange crease color, and a dark matte brown-black liner shade. Hands down the most unique shade of the four is the copper crease shade.. it's such a lovely color! The matte vanilla shade is chalky and the silver taupe is very sheer. Some say that the taupe lid shade is a dupe of Satin Taupe, but I have to disagree. I have Satin Taupe, and it is far superior in terms of color and quality. The texture of the taupe in this quad is very gritty, and it has a cool undertone whereas Satin Taupe is more plumy. The brown-black shade is a bit too dark for the crease, but is lovely as a liner! I love applying it wet. Overall, I would repurchase this quad because I loveee the darkest shade and it's nice to have if you're traveling. Go get it!

on 4/18/2012 3:46:00 PM

This is definitely my favorite drugstore eye shadow quad of all time. Its my standard day-to-day smokey look. I use it for day time and amp it up for a sexy night time look. I adore this colors and think they work so well together. I've hit pan and that says a lot considering I have a ton of other quads. I'll get into each color and what I like about them.

Matte Cream White(Highlight)- A little sheer, least pigmented color of them all, but make a nice matte highlight or to put over blended color to tone it out.

Shimmery Taupe(Lid)- A beautiful taupe color with shimmer, some sparkle. Very pigmented.

Medium Brown(Crease)- This color is a satin finish and perfect for the crease. Its a deep brown.

Black-Brown- This shade is a combination of black and brown in a matte finish. The color is perfect for taking your eyes into a night look.

Every girl should have this whether they like neutrals or simply if they're beginning in makeup. One thing I do suggest is that you use a base underneath, preferably with color to it. Maybe a taupe or a champagne color to enhance the lid color.

on 3/29/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

In my opinion, drugstore eyeshadows are very hit and miss. However, I think this one is a hit. The colors here are gorgeous. The one is actually a dupe for MAC's satin taupe.. and I believe a couple of the other colors are MAC dupe's as well, if not all of them. The only color out of these I don't much care for is the "brow" color. I can't tell that it's even there but I don't mind much because you can use it as a blending color and the rest of the colors are so excellent, it's still a great deal.

on 3/29/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love eyeshadows with the steps on the package & this had some decent reviews so I wanted to try it. The colors didn't really impress me once applied. The two darker shades are too similar in my opinion and don't really pop. It looked more blah than smokey + the vanilla shade was a little to white against my skintone. The textures of all three colors were chalkier than smooth. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The colors complement each other very nicely but are not very pigmented. Would probably buy again

on 3/17/2012 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love the colors in this quad and I like the pigmentation of Maybelline eyeshadows. I wish they didn't reshape these Stylish Smokes quads so that you get more of the liner and base colors, and less of the lid and crease colors.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

In theory, this could be a great palette. The colors are gorgeous and could suite a variety of skin tones. There is a basic cooler, dark matte brown, a matte cream/off white shade, a sparkly taupe, and a shimmery bronze- everything you could want in a simple, everyday or smokey eye look. The problem starts with the texture and payoff of the shadows and ends with the flimsy packaging. I had a hard time transfering all of the colors to my lid. The payoff was sheer and a bit hard to blend. Save your money, there are better products out there.

Awesome product! I've been a lifelong Maybelline fan and I was definetely not disappointed about this. When used correctly and with a primer, these eyeshadows give you incredible color and longetivity. I wear all my eyeshadows from 5:30 am to 10 pm and my entire look hadn;t even creased one bit!! I am so amazed at the wearability of these shadows, I can use all of them at once and it still looks appropriate for the day! The price is good for a quad as well. The quality here can match Urban Decay.