October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I tried this mascara based on the great reviews on here - and I must say I am impressed! I would compare this to Diorshow Extase, but it gives your lashes just a little bit more drama. However, I've had this for about 2 months now, and it is starting to dry out - I don't get the dramatic lash effect that I did when the tube was fresh. The biggest downside is the price..I paid about $39 CAD for this. As great as this mascara is, I wouldn't pay that again, especially since the tube is drying after 2 months..so I might just have to purchase this online from the US, or switch back to Diorshow Extase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by nillionaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely mascara! Creates long, separated lashes that are enhanced but still natural looking. Unscented and non-irritating to my sensitive, contact wearing eyes. Housed in a chic, weighty tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't resist trying out new mascaras so I decided to try this one out as I like the Giorgio Armani makeup line.
Overall, this isn't a bad mascara but I don't think it's worth the big $$$. My lashes are short and thin and even with a lash primer they looked 'okay'. (I like long, lush lashes which means applying about 3 coats of mascara)
There was a bit of flaking at the end of the day but nothing major.

It applies well, giving nice definition and length with decent thickness. I think if you already have decent lashes, this would be an option if you wanted to spend the money on a high end mascara.

I'm still loving the Chanel Le volume, which seems to perform even better after 2-3 months. (just when I have to get rid of it)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Summery: I am a huge lover of high end mascaras, and this one certainly doesn't fail to please. It's $30. and back when I first purchased it, that was the most I had spent for mascara, but I definitely do not regret it! The tube is extremely weighty, the heaviest mascara I've owned by far! The brush is a synthetic brush, which I know a lot of people don't like because it hurts their eyes, but I prefer synthetic brushes to the non synthetic ones because they hold their shape longer. The formula is thin, so given my "Asian Lashes" (lashes that are short, sparse, and naturally angle downwards), I cannot use this as a base mascara but instead a layering one.

Pros: synthetic brush, hardy packaging, amazing separation, lasts a long time

Cons: will weigh down lashes unless a base mascara is used underneath (one with a dry formula)

Overall Verdict: This is the best mascara for separation I have ever experienced. Similar formula to the waterproof version, so I'll definitely be repurchasing that. Such a phenomenal mascara, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am very sensitive , allergy prone and have ocular rosacea.
I have used many brands of mascara over the years- YSL effet faux cils ( a lot of fragrance in that one) Diorshow ( too wet for a klutz like me to use without getting it everywhere) , various Lancomes, Clinique etc. This Armani mascara is the best I have used for achieving fuller and longer lashes without being irritating. Everything else I have tried left me scratching my eyes along the lashline at some point in the day( I forget I am wearing anything with the Armani Eyes to Kill ) or did not seem to give the look of fuller , longer lashes that I was hoping to achieve.
I recommend this to everyone but especially to others with my eye issues.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by oulianas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The absolute best mascara in the world. I really swear by it and use it for the past 3 years. Its great, does not clump, does not dry out, doest not itch, does not flake, has an amazing brush the extends the lashes. Must try

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I don't usually get too excited for mascara because I do not find there to be much difference from mascara to mascara but this mascara is really very good. I bought this after nearly 2 years of hearing Ms.Tiffany D talk about this mascara and I am really content with my purchase. I got this mascara in the original formula in the colour black. I find the shade of this mascara to be fairly black- I personally have never been much of a fan of jet black mascaras its just too much for day to day- this is just the perfect black colour. I really love that I do not have to use an eyelash curler with this mascara since it gives your lashes a very nice lift on its own. I just love how I can apply multiple coats of this mascara and it somehow manages to continue giving me amazing volume and length with zero clumpage and smudging! It makes this mascara incredibly versatile. I have a really tough time finding mascaras that do not smudge on my lower lashes and this one will but after about 8 hours of wear which is one of the best I've found. Also the packaging of this mascara is freaking gorgeous. I have always been really unimpressed with YSL packaging because to me it just looks WAY over the top but the packaging for this mascara is in a very dark grey and sleek tube. It is quite heavy feeling as well. The downside for this product is definitely the price. I paid $40 including taxes for this mascara. Since you are supposed to replace mascara once every 3 months to avoid germs and bacteria getting into your eyes you will be spending $120 a year on mascara which sounds insane. I think I will continue to purchase this though since usually I buy mascara from the drugstore and need to get one that is lengthening, one that is voluminzing and one that is waterproof for nights out which usually costs around $40 once I have bought all of those and this kind of has all those properties rolled in to one. I think if you are looking for an all around amazing mascara that will do it all this one is definitely one you should give a try but if you are just looking for your mascara to do one or 2 things for your lashes you will probably be able to find something that works that way at a much lower price. Will gladly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine4ya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had really high hopes for this one, but what a dissapointment. It doesnt hold the curl at all plus it clumps and dries so quickly . Once i put it on my eyelashes I looked like i ve used some really cheap product and it felt really heavvy on my lashes. What a waste of money really. I wouldnt give even a 1 lippie for such a crap product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

==== Apr 14, 2013 ====

I thought this was my HG, and it may very well be for many ladies out there. But it is rather pricey, has a chemical smell and I managed to find one that works even better for me (Cover Girl Super Thick Lash).

==== REVIEW from Mar 1, 2013 ====

Without using any base / primer, this is a volumizing mascara but does not hold the curl and therefore looks average.

Under my Shiseido Nourishing Base –– OMG. This is what my lashes were supposed to look like! Voluminous, separated, pretty, soft, not crunchy... I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. It's been on for 7 hours so far with no smudging and no droop. It's not quite the Barbie / Nicki Minaj effect, but just like having natural false lashes. I love it so much. But given the exorbitant price tag, I want to keep trying to find another mascara that does similar things for under $20. If not, I might just bite the bullet and buy this or try to get more samples from Neiman Marcus.

Mascaras I have tried that are inferior to Armani Eyes to Kill:
* Lumene Blueberry Curl
* Maybelline Full 'n Soft
* L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes
* Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash (actually... see update above)
The body count is growing... Armani, you be killin' em.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mgaugust

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love even like this mascara but it was awful. Upon first application it didn't really do much but because I wanted to like it and I'd read so many rave reviews, I applied one more coat and decided well ok. It really wasn't anything special. But then the deal breaker. By 7pm I walked into my bathroom and looked in the mirror and was shocked—mascara completely smeared under my eyes!!! I couldn't believe it from a mascara that didn't really make a big statement upon application. Bottom line, it must be the name that people are paying for because there was nothing to this mascara. Going back to Lancome Definicils—unless I try one of there others—it just never lets me down.