October 31, 2014 | 970 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The quality of this makeup remover is not what I was hoping for at all. It BURNS when I wipe it across my lids--which is ridiculous for a product that is meant to go directly on the eye. If the pain I encounter while using this product isn't enough, it also doesn't take off makeup very well. I was previously using the Clean and Clear Soothing Eye Makeup Remover, and the Equate doesn't hold a candle to that one. I have to go over and over my eye to get it to remove makeup, therefore running the risk of burning my retinas. Would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is aweful! takes of the first thick layer of eyeshadow but can't handle the job of eyeliner or mascara, or any makeup with staying power.

Fail and return... Back to CVS oil free brand. much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

That packaging picture is very old. The new one is designed like the Neutrogena one. It says to be comparable to the Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup remover and it is. This is an exact dupe for that and faaaaaaaaaaaar cheaper! I'm on my second bottle, takes off eye makeup very well. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Takes off all of my eyemake up with just a couple swipes. I soak two cotton rounds with the remover and hold them on my eyes for about 30 seconds. Then I slow begin to pat and swipe away the makeup. Just pressing on my lids after holding the pads there removes so much makeup. I only swipe gently to get the remaining mascara and eyeliner off.

I've even used this to remove the liner I've placed on my waterlines.

After washing my face, I rarely have any leftover m/u residue on my eyes when I use this first.

Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes one bit. Price is just right too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by coloryouclingto

Burns the eyes, doesn't work very well. you really have to scrub, especially for any glittery eye makeup or to remove any mascara you've put on. I feel like it never really got all of my make up off, and it was NOT nice to the eye area, and I'm not sensitive in any sense of the word. Pay the few extra dollars for the Neutrogena, which works PERFECTLY and doesn't hurt your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I needed something to take off heavy-duty Halloween makeup, as I used a glitter eyeliner as eyeshadow. I've also needed to remove Zombie makeup with it. Olive Oil was too expensive and it was hard to remove its residue afterwards.

So, I thought I'd try the Equate... NEVER AGAIN!!!

It works fairly decently, removing makeup from the eye area quickly. However, it also felt like it was removing skin from my face. The area beneath and to the sides of my eyes burned like crazy for a day or so afterwards. There was only slight redness, but nothing horrible looking, but it was tender and painful for the next day.

I know that makeup can irritate the skin, but I've never had that problem before. Not with makeup wipes, nor with olive oil.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by shley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't judge a product by it's price! This product is honestly great. It takes off all of my eye makeup and doesn't burn my eyes. I've had my bottle for four months and I'm barely halfway. This lasts such a long time and the price is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by southernsweetheart

Used this on my eyes. It wiped off so easy. I do see two levels of liquid (you need to shake it before you apply it) & it feels like baby oil. It didn't bother my skin at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

This is an okay product, better than a lot of other brands out there. I need a make up remover for my waterproof mascara but this does not remove it all. I'm left with black smudges around my eye. It doesn't leave an oil slick around my face which is good but Jojoba oil is better in removing waterproof mascara, very quicky and doesn't irritate eyes. Probably won't be buying this again but ill give it points because it is a better option compared to the other drugstore brands.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this awhile back because I thought, "Hey, it's just eye make up remover. I just need something a little extra for that stubborn mascara/eye liner that isn't swept away by my toner".

Nope.
It worked OK at getting some of the mascara off (I use Lash Blast Volume...the non-waterproof one), but by no means did it take all of it off. I would still have mascara flaking off the next day! I would wake up with dark smudges under my eye from mascara residue.

This did not work for me at all, and it wasn't even soothing. Pay the extra couple bucks and get a different eye make up remover, because this is not worth it.