November 26, 2014 | 954 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! i use it as a finishing/touch up (on the rare occasion that i need to) powder. after i apply all my makeup i use either a buffer brush or a face powder brush and put it everywhere...its wonderful. It doesnt break me out, my nose gets a little oily during the day but i just use a napkin to dab...
PRICE: its the price of the average MAC powders, but i was able to find it on ebay 3 for $45 (and they are real, in the box, original packaging) so now i think they are SUPER cheap! i put them in a cool dark pantry and hopefully ill be able to use them all in a year or two!
APPLICATION: like i said before, amazing, smooth natural finish, ive never looked cakey, and even if i wear JUST this is give a little coverage (so i look like i have on NO makeup and perfect skin)
OVERALL: 5+....and if i ever run out ill def repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I had such high hopes for this, I thought I would like it as a setting powder. It oxidized like nobody's business, and just gave me a terrible, dark with an extreme yellow undertoned hue and got worse as I layered it on. It also tingled my face, which for me is a warning sign with my sensitive skin. It was light, I'll give it that, but if it had been a nicer color that matched me and gave me no reaction, I would have probably liked it. Oh well, I moved on to bigger and better things. Thankfully MAC has a great return policy! Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This would have been my HG powder because it is so lovely on the skin, but I noticed that every time I used it I would get little tiny bumps all over my face the next day. So, lately I have been using the pressed powder in Heat by NARS, which I just love. I would have kept using this if it did not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by swinfrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this daily since I'm not a fan of liquid or cream foundations and I love it. It really does look natural & people can't even tell I'm wearing make up. I'm MAC color NC50 and this shade matches me perfectly so I think the Dark color is geared towards those with warm (yellow) undertones in their skin. A MAC associate initially sold me this product in Deep Dark and I literally looked red so if you have cool undertones you might want to try that shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying to find a mineral foundation that matches my skin, I've finally found a perfect match. I've tried Bare Minerals and Pur Minerals and both are too pinkish for my NC45 skintone. While I truly love Mineralize Skinfinish, the only problem I have is that I can't use it everyday or I'll breakout. This is a common problem for me with all MAC foundations. I'm currently trying to change my skincare regimen to counteract the breakouts. If I stop wearing the powder for 2 days, the breakouts clear up. Again I LOVE this product, I just can't use it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product as a finishing powder over my Studio Fix Fluid foundation. I really like the glow it gives my skin and it looks really pretty when I'm finished applying my m/u. But, this product makes me oily. I have dry skin, very dry skin and when I use my Studio fix powder to set my m/u I can go all day without a touch up. I also cannot wear this by itself. Again it looks very pretty, but when I wear it alone I get an oily, greasy looking face in less than 2 hours. I've tried primers and they didn't help. I really want to like this product and I'm about to hit pan. I will not repurchasem but will continue to use until its all gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On NC45 skin, this is way to orange/dark. I don't see how this could match anyone being that it has such an ORANGE undertone. I wore this yesterday over my liquid foundation (6AM-8AM) and my makeup was worn off, and basically GONE. I never had this problem using my previous powder! I'll try and get a better color match to see how it turns out. As of now, I'm not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few makeup products that I have bought multiple times and have "hit pan" with. I usually only want light coverage on a day-to-day basis. I have acne prone skin, so foundation everyday is a major no-no for me. This gives my skin a smooth finish that let's my skin shine through. It is a bit expensive - close to thirty bucks a pop, but it lasts a while. I use my MAC kabuki brush (182, I believe) to buff this into my skin and it last me a few hours, depending on the weather. I also own MAC's blotting powder in Dark to help it out in the summer months. I tried finding a cheaper alternative with Revlon, but that was a waste of money. Oh, and for people who use foundation, I think this would be a great finishing powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I liked this on several people but not on myself. Per MAC rep's suggestion, I used this as a bronzer or to get some color on my cheeks and the color was just weird. This looked totally peachy (mostly orangy) on my NC30 shade. I am not sure who could match this shade but this is an odd shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this a few months ago & really like it. i got in dark to use as a bronzer. I thinking about getting it in medium dark to set my makeup. i wish it had a mirror & its kind of expensive but worth the money, it lasts forever!