July 29, 2014 | 1824 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS THE BEST! I use it mid day for a little under arm pick me up. I realized how much I loved it when the other day, hours after I applied it I kept smelling something so awesome and I am not trolling, it took me a few to figure out it was me. I use the regular Vanilla scent. I don't think I could use this as is though, I need a deo with anti perspirant. If they made this with anti persprirant I would be so happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ImSoBrunette

I purchased this because I heard from a few people that this was a natural deodorant which actually worked. Well, I should have known that there is no substitution for chemicals because this simply did not make the cut; not even close.

I don't sweat and I don't smell so I thought that this would have worked like a charm. Nope. Initially I was hesitant to buy it after the mixed bag of reviews: some love it, some hate it. Well, I'll be quite frank in saying it doesn't work for me and I live in one of the coldest places in the US that sees the least amount of sunshine. There are days where I forget to put deodorant on and will not notice until I get home but I won't smell. I feel like this honestly makes me reek after 4 hours. I wanted to believe in the "healthy deodorant" claim. I wanted to believe that I had found a substitution for all of the harsh chemicals and parabens found in mass commercialized products but so far? Nothing.

As far as the application goes, despite it being a solid it will take a few minutes to dry after being applied. I purchased the Coconut Vanilla scent (which smells vaguely of coconut vanilla but smells more like herbs). I stayed odor and sweat free for 3 hours and then began to notice something was up which is odd for someone who doesn't sweat and lives in a place which is perpetually rainy and roughly 50 degrees. I then reapplied the deodorant and it lasted another 3 hours. If I don't reapply, it's as if I hadn't showered for 2 days. That's how badly it smells.

Overall: go to Whole Foods or PCC and find natural deodorants that will undoubtedly work better than this unless you get off on buying an overpriced $14 deodorant from Sephora but hey, it's your money not mine. It smells nice, the solid was soothing and never broke out my skin but it simply does not work for me. If it works for you I'm jealous.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where has this stuff been on my life? Clearly ... sitting on the shelf at Sephora, waving at me while I walk right past! Won't be doing that again! I purchased the Vanilla Coconut scent (it smells wonderful - to each their own I suppose, since some reviewers absolutely hate this scent) I think it's refreshing and subtle. I was actually reluctant to purchase this stuff (since it is quite pricey) and with the mixed reviews - I was skeptical. But! To my surprise, it works! It really does. I stay dry all day - and get a nice little hint of its lovely scent once in awhile when I raise my arm, lol. It will transfer white marks on dark fabrics BADLY when you first put it on, like most white deodorants, it needs time to dry. Great product and worth every penny. I just wish it was easier to find here in Canada ... I am not always close to a Sephora :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by TashersV

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product but only recommended for a mild sweater.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by racheldedo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's pricey but it lasts a while. The smell is good. It dries clear and it works for me! It's healthy or organic or all natural. "Regular" or unnatural deodorants can lead to diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, etc. so I definitely made the switch to this when I heard about that. It's an awesome product! I like that the cap is a twist one. It keeps it extra safe! Sometimes you gotta pay a little more for a better product. Worth the money. Your worth the money. It's for your hygiene and health!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Are they kidding? Seriously, this deodorant is not worth one dollar. I was so excited to try it. I ordered a sample size. I applied it the same day and lo and behold... I smelled wretched by the end of the day. I sweat right through the deodorant (it was not even that hot) and it was as if I never applied deodorant. What a rip off. I think Tom's of Maine would be a better investment.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ckyc122

I would not buy this product again. The scent was really pleasant but the product did not do it's job. It didn't help with sweat stains, odour control or anything else.

My product dried up within 2 months.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Lavanila fragrances. I do not love or even remotely like the deodorant. Underarm sweating has never been a huge problem for me so the fact that is wasn't an antiperspirant was not an issue. What the issue ended up being was the stink-factor. Woah-nelly! I almost hurled when I did a "pit-check." Also, possibly due to some of the herbal ingredients that aren't the most direct skin contact-friendly, I developed some red bumps. Big fail for me. I will continue to use the fragrances though! In summary: deodorant smelled lovely, felt cooling going on, left very minimal white marks on clothes, but ultimately did not behave as I believe a deodorant should (for my body chemistry at least).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Xrysali12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great smell. Safe but sometimes doesn't do a strong enough job so if you have major odor issues you might need something stronger.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Graciegirl2

The Worst crap ever! I purchased the vanilla coconut on-line. Big Mistake! smelled horrible, kind of like rancid playdough if I had to guess. I would never ever recommend this to anyone. I wouldn't even give this away to my sister.... I threw it away. Way too Expensive for such a cheap smelling product. Basically wasted 18 bucks! Very surprised at the good reviews.