December 22, 2014 | 920 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this product. I am pregnant and I am trying to avoid unnecessary chemicals if possible. I am sweating more now and my other natural deodorant wasn't cutting it. I got the one scented as Vanilla/Sugar I believe. It notice the scent during the day and its very pleasant. I do not sweat a lot so it's strong enough for me.

Overall I would repurchase and consider trying other scents as well.

Update

Since my last review I tried other aluminum free deodorants but I noticed they irritated my skin or they started making my armpits dark. I went and bought full sized deodorant of this in vanilla/lavender and I love it. I will continue to use this product from now on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I gave it 2 stars because I looove the scent ...Vanilla Passion Fruit but that's where it ends. Returned it because didn't do anything for me...no sweat or smell protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought 2 times this product. A little expensive for being a deodorant but it last long. At first it did not work much but now it does. I am using the vanilla lavender which has a nice not over the top smell. I like it. It is not the best product I have ever bought but I am a fan of natural products. I hate hate chemicals on my body like the smell of all those synthetic drugstore deodorants. It is way better than "Crystal body deodorant stick" so so dry what a waste of cash.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this deodorant because my previous aluminum free deodorant was discontinued. First off, I'm not much of a sweater but I do have a job with a lot of physical labor. I was really disappointed with this product. Yes, it smells good, but that really seems to be about it. It's pretty expensive; it's 14 dollars. It has a white, stick formulation which tends to get all over my clothes. The packaging is a bit strange because it had a screw off lid, and it doesn't really help with any smell or sweat. I definitely don't feel like this deodorant does what it's supposed too, which really is a shame. I'm all for natural deodorants, but I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best natural deodorant I've used, much better than Tom's. It keeps me smelling fresh for most of the day, but I do feel the need to apply it again mid-way through the day. I sweat quite a bit and usually use men's deodorants. I love the fresh lavender scent... I've even had a few people comment on the smell of my deodorant. It is quite pricey at $14/tube, but I feel it's worth the money. I'm on my 3rd bottle and I will definitely keep purchasing it as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by kkwil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this deodorant. I've tried other natural deodorants and none of them work as well as this. I have it in the pure vanilla scent and it smells so good. I don't sweat a lot, but the other brands I've tried didn't work at all, they actually made me smell worse. This is a little pricey I think I paid around 15 dollars at sephora.. But the fact it's natural and it works so well I don't mind paying a little extra. The packaging is really nice and not cheaply made. The deodorant goes on well and doesn't feel wet or sticky. This is my new go to deodorant!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lolizary

I love this deodorant, hands down. This year I have tried to switch from cheap drugstore skin items that are full of harsh chemicals, to natural skin loving products. As many people have mentioned, sometimes reapplication is necessary. But it works so well for me I don't mind re-applying. The scent is fabulous, quite a bit of product for the price, and pretty packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love this deodorant- I use the vanilla passionfruit scent. Pros- this stuff smells amazing, and I like that it's natural and has no aluminum. Cons- it's not a heavy-duty product, is on the expensive side for a deodorant, and does not last all day on me. It was a bit of an adjustment at first, but I found the trick to using this (and other natural deodorants) deodorant is that you have to reapply mid-day to stay odor free all day. You will also need to reapply right before the gym or physical activity so the product holds up through sweating. As a warning to others, because this is a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant, it does not stop moisture or sweating, if that's what you're after. All in all though, a good product. I've been using this for about 3 years or so with good results, and I'll continue to use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I was a bit nervous to see if this works, but I left the house and hoped for the best. The first week I was mostly impressed. I had to knock it down a notch because the scent fades so fast after applying, and this works on and off. Some days it works, others it doesn't. Since it's not consistent, I won't buy it again. Perhaps if they'd made the scent more long lasting, no one would notice a smell at the end of the day. Maybe people who love natural deodorants are used to a little odor, but I need my deodorant to work full time. Especially when it's a rip off of $14. At that price you can buy a high end deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS THE BEST! I use it mid day for a little under arm pick me up. I realized how much I loved it when the other day, hours after I applied it I kept smelling something so awesome and I am not trolling, it took me a few to figure out it was me. I use the regular Vanilla scent. I don't think I could use this as is though, I need a deo with anti perspirant. If they made this with anti persprirant I would be so happy.