September 20, 2014 | 1174 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me premise that I have very oily lids that I have to use 2 primers (UPP and MAC paint pot) and I've loved Blacktrack forever but it creased like crazy, even with black eyeshadow on top and it doesn't help that I have very hooded asian eyes. I bought this to try out and although it's not 100% waterproof it's the best I've tried so far. It dries fairy quickly but I like that. It is a charcoal black and not an intense black so I'll sometimes layer MAC Feline underneath to make it more intense. This last really well through my P90X workouts and sometimes overnight when I'm too lazy to wash my makeup off but removes pretty easily. This is my HG until something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Camila2bits

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is actuually BOMB. It completely stays on all day at school, through to the evening for my late two hour soccer games. Friggin amazing, and its not like the pot is gonna be running out anytime soon, will last for a very long time. The pigmentation ir\s seriously black, no questions asked. It is pure, dark, charcoal black that lasts. you need to practice applying it a couple of time to get the hang of it but is relatively easy to work with

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It's super black and very creamy. I use this on the lower lash line and upper lash line and it applies very smoothly. It stays put all day. I do use a primer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by lipglossaddict93

I love this eyeliner it is absolutely amazing, I have repurchased this product 3 times. Which is a lot for me, as I tend to have a lot of black liner at any point in time. This product is extremely black, with no apparent undertone, even if it is applied lightly. I apply it with an thin angled brush on my tightline, waterline and upper lashline and it does not move from any of them. I can wear this eyeliner on my waterline all the way through a 12 hour day without touch ups on my waterline. This product is a must have for anyone looking for a very black, long wearing eyeliner. The only downside is that it was about 25 dollars Canadian...but for such an amazing product it is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by christina75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this product is amazing. I was really disappointed with MUFE's Aqua Eyeliner pencil, it is not as great as they make it out to be, you have to buy their sharpener, etc. But, this is an entirely different product. Much better than a pencil or liquid liner, and stays all day. I apply it with an slanted eyeliner brush and then use a smudge brush to smudge it. The line is not too "hard" and not too "soft" it is juuussst right...My new favorite eyemakeup. I guess I'll have to forgive MUFE for their crappy pencil liner and try some of their other cream formulations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try this product for a while now as I'm a huge fan of the Aqua Eyes pencil liners. I love the pencil liners, but they are hard to sharpen and I go through them really fast. I was hoping for a similar product with Aqua Black and it did NOT dissappoint! First thing I noticed when I opened the Aqua Black was that the product smelled just like pencil, so that was a good sign to me. However, Aqua Black is much more pigmented than the 0L pencil (its soooo black!) and the staying power is MUCH better compared to the pencil. Dries down and doesn't budge! I usually set my pencil liner with a black eyeshadow (Smolder) but I have no need to do this with Aqua Black. The texture is thicker than your average gel liner, but application with an angled brush is a breeze. It really does feel like a melted down Aqua Eyes pencil with a softening agent added in. I love how the pot comes with a little internal sealer to keep the product from drying out quickly. I do miss the convenience of a pencil, but I am willing to sacrifice that for this product. I am SO ditching Blacktrack lol! If you love the Aqua Eyes pencils and are looking for something more pigmented, durable, and economical, definitely give Aqua Black a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Whoa! This is AMAZING stuff!! I discovered this while browsing through Sephora for something waterproof. This came up, but I was skeptical. It mentioned it was eyeshadow, but when I read the reviews here, most of the girls used it for eyeliner. So, I'm thinking..okay, why not?

I grew so tired searching for that perfect waterproof eyeliner. I've used UD 24/7 eyeliner, but that didn't seem to work, plus it made my eyelids itch. I bought this to try. Let me tell you...love at first try! This is the winner!

How long have I been using this? 2 months! I've cried, I've swam, worked out, danced my butt off to a sweat...to my surprise, NO BUDGING!! Yes!

Not only do I use this for eyeliner, I use this to use as a base and also to fill in my brows. I have black hair so I'm lucky enough to use it like that, but be careful not to overdo it or else you'll look like a clown. I love this stuff. I hope MUFE doesn't discontinue this or else I will go crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Simms85

I'm going to start this reveiw by saying I am a huge fan of black cat eyeliner - I'm one of those Dita Von Teese-idolizing retro-worshipping types. I also have a lot of The Cure on my iPod. This means that I am a complete and utter HO for black eyeliner. I have been searching to find the blackest, most pigmented, and longest lasting eyeliner since I was old enough to smear a cubic ton of black Wet and Wild all over my lids while praying my mother wouldn't make me wash it off ("You look like a cheap hooker!").

I've found it. I thought I was in love with MAC's Blacktrack, having discovered the ability to control a gel vs. a liquid. This is so much more pigmented than Blacktrack, and much smoother as well. It's lasted through a shift at my restaurant, even without UDPP or Shadow Insurance, and that's saying a lot since I have a propensity to linger near the blast furnace of the hot and greasy kitchen, looking for snacks. If it can stand up to that, a long day at the office or a long night of drinking should be no problem!

It's not super cheap, but there is a lot of product and is comparable to other gel eyeliners. I am unsure of it's use as an eyeshadow, but I am excited to try it some day when I am headed to a concert since that much black eyeshadow really only pairs well with Doc Martens and a pyramid-studded belt.

If you wear a lot of black liquid or gel eyeliner on a daily basis, I highly endorse investing in this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

I have a collection of eyeliners that I rarely, if ever use. Pencils, liquid, Mac pot, Bobbi Brown gel, and on and on, This is the first one I've tried that goes on perfectly every time. Doesn't flake (hello Mac), doesn't fade (hi Bobbi), and is very black (compares to Stila kajal without the mess). I also appreciate that within the packaging is an extra "seal" to keep product from drying out. I love finding great products; just wish I didn't waste so much time and money on inferior stuff. There are so many cosmetic companies out there, and each has one or two great items. For MUFE this is it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This liner/shadow is very black. I definitely like the color. The amount of product you get is actually quite a decent amount. I bought this when it came out and I still have 80% left. The staying power on my lashline is pretty good. Not great, but good. I do like the staying power of creams versus pencils but black just usually fades on me. I don't know why. It gets dried out easily so you have to be careful to close the lid tightly. This makes for a great cat eye and This is the only thing that stays in my waterline. If i ever run out I will buy this again.