LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 10/13/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of the few Lush products that I actually liked. Everything they sell is over priced for the quantity, in my opinion. However I would repurchase the Dark Angels.
I did not use it as my primary cleanser, but as a supplement in my routine a few times per week.
Like many lush products, it is messy to apply. I put the paste on my skin and left it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then would re wet it and scrub my face before rinsing it off. It left my skin tight and clean feeling.
I do not consider it an HG product, at least not for me. However it was interesting, and charcoal is known to remove impurities.
Back when I used it the packaging was horrible. Looks like they've started putting it in tubs which is a few steps up from the clear, flimsy plastic containers mine shipped in.
I don't have sensitive skin. This product did not cause any breakouts or irritation for me.

on 10/10/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love coal face, but this doesn't seem to work for me. It's aimed at oily skin, but when you use it, your skin is left feeling so oily? You have to wash your face with a cleanser after using it, to remove all the oil.

Also, you have to really really work hard to get this off your skin. Every time I use it it leaves a dark grey oily film over my face!?!?

I will use up my tub cautiously but I won't re buy :(

on 9/10/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

ok i love this stuff but i feel its a pain in the ass to apply, def not a fan of that...sooooo just buy lushs coal face, its like the exact thing only in bar form...and i ADORE it :)

I was having trouble with my oily t-zone and random zits all summer and tried many different products. I finally was fed up and decided that maybe all natural skin products would work. So far it has! I have been using this product for about two weeks and my skin looks very smooth and my pores are smaller.

My main goal was to rid of oil and blackheads on my nose and forehead and that hasn't improved drastically- ust a little.

Pro- The overall look of my skin is great though! It looks like I have a light powder foundation on when I don't. I would definitely recommend this product to anybody!

Con- Try to use in the shower or when hair is up...I have little black sand all in my scalp on my forehead.

on 9/3/2014 9:53:00 PM

I've been using this product for two weeks now and i am in love with it. i have very oily/acne prone skin and nothing ever works on me. i was recently prescribed a tropical medication by my doctor to help with my acne...which helped a lot but i wanted something more natural. so i switched to this after a friend recommended this. BEST decision ever.

The product is a little messy to use but its amazing. you need a pea sized amount...turn into a paste with water and scrub away. surprisingly it's gentle enough to use twice a day. after washing your face the product leaves a slight oily residue on your skin...preventing it from drying out...which probably helps with acne control.

Great product. Highly recommend it!

on 8/30/2014 6:20:00 AM

I really like this. If smooths my face out and I kind of enjoy the smell, it's very earthy. I do find it a bit hard to get the consistency right though, and it's messy stuff! But I'm liking what this is doing for my face so I'll continue using it.

I follow it up with Fresh Farmacy to ensure it is completely cleaned off my face, works a charm!

on 8/24/2014 11:47:00 PM

I love Lush, so I really wanted to like this but I couldn't get into it. The smell and texture were awesome, but it left my skin feeling grimey. Like all of my pores were clogged too. Maybe that's just the way it feels, maybe it's actually great but I'll never know because I'm not willing to take the risk. I'm very put off by the way it made my skin feel, dirtier than how it began.

on 8/18/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i much prefer my angels on bare skin because even though this is for acneic skin, i found it extremely oily. it will stain your bath tub if youre not careful and thats a pain. it has a pretty strong charcoal smell as is expected.
the only reason i said i would repurchase is because my husband loves it! and he doesnt ever use anything besides all in one body wash! you know the one thats a shamppo, body wash, and face wash all in one haha. but he just loves it and wants more when he runs out.
i didnt use it long enough to notcie benefits because the oil scared me and im not sure if it wouldve broken me out but it doesnt seem to hurt my husbands skin.

on 8/16/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I guess I would buy this again.

Its actually a good product, it really gets in there and scrubs it down, and the pot lasts forever and ever.

The only thing I dont like about it, is probably actually part of what makes it good, is the consistency. Its literally a pot of ground up muds. Its thick, grainy, earth. Frankly, I found it surprising (I bought it on the website, not the shop, so, I didnt really get a look at it), usually I have to give it some watering-down with a cleansing milk, because otherwise, its just a hard palm-full of immobile, unlubricated, irritating soil. BUT, if you do use just a little, and gently mix in something until you reach the right texture, its very good. So, while its a little off-putting that its not a creamy grit-mixture like what you usually get in a tube of exfoliant, but, the benefit is that you can mix in the moisture of your choice until you have exactly the texture you want. Its very versatile that way.

Takes a bit of effort to rinse off though, stains light-colored washcloths, and its definetly not the kind of exfoliant you should throw around on a daily basis, its pretty hard-core and could easily shred and dry your face if you overdo it.

on 8/14/2014 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is great. the first ingredient is MUD, apparently some kind of special mud. also has charcoal in it. the exfoliator in it is finely ground almond meal, I love it, it feels gentle/ soft on the skin but really makes my skin feel clean afterward. This is not a wimpy scrub!

cons: I only use it in the shower because if I use it at the sink, I get black colored droplets everywhere, but maybe I am just messy

the smell: it's not exactly pleasant to me

pros: lasts forever. you only need a pea sized amount when using, my tub is lasting me a long time, enough to justify the price