Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am going to be in the minority here, but i happen to love this mascara. not it is not maybelline collosal not jordana best lash black tube purple writing mascara.....but it beats the hell out of maybellines classic great lash by a tko. maybelline is watery and has zero volume. this mascara is jet black has volumizing and some thickening formula. this mascara lenghtens my lashes and i absolute love using this mascara on my bottom lashes. it makes my bottom lashes pitch black and lenghtens them. another bonus????? does not flake or irritate my eyes. the pprice is perfect. one thing. you gave to give this mascara some time.....allow for the formula to get better as the weeks go on. if you buy it, apply it and complaint it is the worst... you are not giving this mascara the benefit of doubt. give it time! i assure you, you will be satisfied. i love it and will continue to purchase this. mascara is the one with the green barrel.

on 1/28/2014 12:21:00 AM

I made a mistake of buying Benefit's They're Real mascara which not only put a dent in my wallet...but also made me lose a handful of eyelashes. Decide to get something cheaper...and less damaging. This mascara was on sale for just over $1 so I figured I'd give it a try. It's not great but at least I can keep my eyelashes.

PROS
Washes off easily
Keeps lashes soft
Adds pigment

CONS
Doesn't really lengthen or volumize...just adds color
Wet for a LONG time (think Tarte's Splash, Camera, Action)
Runs at the sign of moisture

For a $1+, I don't think this is such a terrible purchase if you just want your lashes darkened a bit on your errand days or something. I'll keep it around for now. Obviously won't repurchase but until I have money to go back to Lancome's Hypnose, I have to stick with the cheap stuff.

on 12/29/2013 12:24:00 PM

Very cheap mascara. The formula is wet even after a few minutes. Luckily I got this for free because I threw it out right away which I have never done before with any other product. It does nothing for your lashes!

on 11/19/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

After being disappointed w/ The Rocket & Scandal Eyes Show off (which I reviewed as dry & flaking in my eyes) I decided to just grab this b/c it was so in-expensive & I like to always own 4 mascaras @ a time for different looks (2 volume & 2length). I actually like this mascara. The pigment is very black, the wand reminds me of Great Lash but it doesn't smell as chemical. The application was really wet & messy. Def need a q tip on hand when finished applying. Glossy sort of finish. I like that I was able to get all my lashes coated evenly. It is a length not volume type for my lashes, but my Colossal & Clump Crusher I use for thickness. I like the small tube & overall the formula. I will re-purchase for natural looks & use along side my Lash Accelerator (Endless) for length. The price was only $3.40 I've never paid so little for a mascara before.

on 11/13/2013 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm glad this was a gift with purchase, because I just threw it away. It's awful. It made my lashes look even worse than bare. I love Wet n' Wild, but this is truly subpar. It somehow clumped my lashes without adding any volume or length, and then decided to remain wet forever, depositing mascara all over my lids. I had to put a different mascara over it to salvage my morning. Just awful, my lashes were straighter than before applying!

on 10/16/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this as a freebie with an eyeshadow trio. It's not something I love and would go out of my way to buy, but I keep it in my desk at work for those days when I'm running late and don't have time to do my makeup at home. It does smear if you touch it while it's wet, but it doesn't flake once it's dry. I don't notice any great volume or length, but it makes my eyelashes dark and it doesn't clump, so it's fine for a daytime look.

on 10/5/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this mascara because I figured it would be good for my lashes more than most and it's affordable. The formula is a bit wet, which I normally am wary of. It does give a nice natural look and lengthens + can be built up for thickness. The tube is really bulky and kinda ugly though.

on 9/25/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this mascara with an eyeshadow trio for $2.99 at a drugstore. I bought the eyeshadow because I was far from home and forgot to bring a black shadow for going out for the evening, the mascara was basically free so why not? I also bought some false lashes for the smokey eye look I was doing. I don't need them now! I swiped some of this mascara on in the car soon sfter purchase and didn't think much of it. Got home and layered my maybelline full n' soft, gave them a comb through with my eyelash spoolie and WOW! My sparse short lashes looked like falsies! Clump free, voluminous and gorgeous! The WnW protein mascara is the BEST layering mascara ever. Good for lashes too! So if you don't like it by itself use it for layering. (: it's a great base for the essence volumizing lash powder too!

on 9/25/2013 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is not a bad mascara. The formula is extremely wet, which works for some and not for others. For me, it's ok. I have to be very, VERY careful to apply it slowly and precisely so that it doesn't smear on my eyelids, because it's very easy to smear it all over. But it really deposits a lot of mascara on my lashes, which combs through evenly without clumping due to the fact that it stays wet long enough for me to really comb it through perfectly. It doesn't add much volume to my eyelashes, but I think it adds a bit of length, and it defines them perfectly well. I got a small tube of this mascara essentially free (it came with an eyeshadow trio for no extra cost) and it's good enough that I will use it up, but not good enough that I will buy it again. I prefer mascaras that deliver more volume, with a formula that requires a little less work.

on 9/16/2013 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this in a set for free with two nail polishes which were awesome, but this mascara was horrendous. It did nothing for my lashes and barely showed. I threw it away literally after 3 uses it was that bad. I have never done that before.
The wand was very basic and cheap and the formula did nothing and was wet. I usually like WNW products but mascaras I will be passing on. It looked as if I had nothing on and I used 3 coats. If you are looking to purchase this, I would not advise wasting even the $1 it costs.