October 20, 2014 | 1771 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Protein

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because I figured it would be good for my lashes more than most and it's affordable. The formula is a bit wet, which I normally am wary of. It does give a nice natural look and lengthens + can be built up for thickness. The tube is really bulky and kinda ugly though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bearlikecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara with an eyeshadow trio for $2.99 at a drugstore. I bought the eyeshadow because I was far from home and forgot to bring a black shadow for going out for the evening, the mascara was basically free so why not? I also bought some false lashes for the smokey eye look I was doing. I don't need them now! I swiped some of this mascara on in the car soon sfter purchase and didn't think much of it. Got home and layered my maybelline full n' soft, gave them a comb through with my eyelash spoolie and WOW! My sparse short lashes looked like falsies! Clump free, voluminous and gorgeous! The WnW protein mascara is the BEST layering mascara ever. Good for lashes too! So if you don't like it by itself use it for layering. (: it's a great base for the essence volumizing lash powder too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a bad mascara. The formula is extremely wet, which works for some and not for others. For me, it's ok. I have to be very, VERY careful to apply it slowly and precisely so that it doesn't smear on my eyelids, because it's very easy to smear it all over. But it really deposits a lot of mascara on my lashes, which combs through evenly without clumping due to the fact that it stays wet long enough for me to really comb it through perfectly. It doesn't add much volume to my eyelashes, but I think it adds a bit of length, and it defines them perfectly well. I got a small tube of this mascara essentially free (it came with an eyeshadow trio for no extra cost) and it's good enough that I will use it up, but not good enough that I will buy it again. I prefer mascaras that deliver more volume, with a formula that requires a little less work.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I received this in a set for free with two nail polishes which were awesome, but this mascara was horrendous. It did nothing for my lashes and barely showed. I threw it away literally after 3 uses it was that bad. I have never done that before.
The wand was very basic and cheap and the formula did nothing and was wet. I usually like WNW products but mascaras I will be passing on. It looked as if I had nothing on and I used 3 coats. If you are looking to purchase this, I would not advise wasting even the $1 it costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

I bought the LE Enlist for Beauty e/s trio and this was the mascara packaged together with the e/s, both were $2.99 so basically the mascara was free. I honestly would go without mascara rather than buy this. The formula is wet which I like because I think it grips onto the lashes better and coats them more evenly, Jordana Extreme Best Lash is a good example. But dude, Wet n' Wild formula is so damn wet it takes ages to dry and ends up smearing all over my lids. The BIGGEST beef I have with this thing is I can't get any mascara on my lashes, I keep brushing them with the brush and my lashes still I ain't get nothing on. I think it is the combination of both the formula and brush, which has the bristles in a spiral which does not do a good job of combing little eyelid hair at all whatsoever. On the plus side, the formula is very mild, does not interfere with my contacts and irritates my eyes at all. I layer this on top of another mascara, which it actually builds up and darkens my lashes a good deal. Overall, a no no no. If you are looking for a drugstore mascara, check out Essence I Love Extreme or the Jordana one I mentioned above.

EDIT 11/3/13: I honestly would love for Wet n' Wild to make a different brush to go with this mascara. I tried this with my cleaned Rimmel Glam Eye mascara wand, which is plastic, and oh my, beautiful fluttery lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by berniceled

I have short, thin, and sparse little asian lashes that point straight down
and in the morning i curled my lashes and left the house without mascara on because i forgot to put them... I was out the whole morning and it was around 1-2pm when i realized i dint have any mascara on so i went out and bought this.
I got it in the Darkest Black color they have, and the one in the new lime green packaging. (not water proof)

I love it so much because though it is a very simple and basic mascara (don't expect any huge effect from this mascara) it does enough for its price and really well.

As ive said awhile ago, i left the house with curled lashes but no mascara for the whole morning and during the afternoon i bought this and put it on, it held the curl i had left and it seemed to curl it a tad bit more, it keeps all my lashes straight up and not wonky or all over the place, there's no smell and it feels light on my lashes and keeps them soft and not crispy.

I love how short it is because its easy to bring around and since its nourishing, its great as an everyday mascara when you want to darken your fringe of lashes and keep them styled and curled

My only con for this is the brush. its ok, but i would have preferred a different brush
its your typical nylon brush but its the kind that spirals exactly like a screw

it separates and doesn't clump even on 3 coats but i don't know the brush isn't something i love.

This formula is kind of wet and takes a while to dry (its build-able) so if that's not your thing, don't get it.
but if you did get it and your not a fan of wet formulas, just use it as a layering mascara or a "base coat" along with your preferred mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by emeraldjuice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have short, stubby Asian eye lashes. When I curl my lashes, this product isn't even waterproof, yet it holds the curls well better than my other famous mascara products. (: (in comparison only to the drugstore mascaras) I also have it in the darkest color sold.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Belugie

this is actually oneof the few mascaras i like.. it conditions and thickens and its cheap. i got mine for 3 dollars at walmart and im very satisfied. i wish the wand was a little bit longer but its a 3 dollar mascara and its formula is good so i am not complaining.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I usually use this as a base coat for other mascaras to condition them. This had made my eyelashes grow faster and stronger. One of my favorites :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I am always hunting for this mascara when i run out. I have shorter eyelashes but when i use this, they get longer and stronger! (Less eyelash loss!) I use 2 coats on top lashes for full but natural looking lashes. My favorite mascara to date!