July 29, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A simple way to refresh/moisturize your skin in the summer when you don't want anything too heavy plastered on your skin. This gel is lightweight, providing just enough moisture for the summer. This is perfect for me, as summers in NY can be quite humid and sticky. As others have mentioned, this gel is a bit sticky during application but dissipates after it dries. It also has a clean, fresh scent that can be used by anyone in the household. I got mine at Target for about $6. I still prefer the Aloe Fresh lotion in the summer but this is a nice alternative for anyone who find lotions too heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since pregnant i have been trying to massage moisturising lotion everyday; don't believe for a 2nd it will prevent stretchmarks but hoping it wil help my skin to return to original condition better.

Anyway being a product junkie who is trying to stop spending money i find body lotion a great way of satisfying both these points as the can be really cheap. So i have been buying a different one everytime i run out.

Nivea Aloe Gel just wasn't moisturising enough for me; i loved the fresh scent and the clean packaging really appealed to me but like others i did find it a little sticky, not enough to put me off but as it wasn't as moisturising as like i would not buy again.

Maybe if i loved somewhere super hot the cooling and refreshing qualities would tip the balance but as it stands this disappointly wasn't the one for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Masta90

Wow. Simply AMAZING for hot Greek summer time. It's refreshing, moisturizing, and i find that it isn't sticky, as some of you have mentioned. All in all, it is wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 7:00:00 AM More reviews by danai

I find the idea behind this product genious. I live in Athens, Greece and Summer here can be complete hell; we often have to get out and run to work with 108 F degrees outside, no joke. It can get horrible. Therefore anything that promises to provide the feeling of coolness is a must try for me.
This one does what it promises for the most part. It really feels amazing after a hot day outside, cool and refreshing. It's obviously a gel; as reviewers before me already mentioned, the consistency does remind me of hair gel. It has a subtle, clean aloe vera scent which is completely inoffensive. It feels very soothing on the skin indeed and it does rid you of the nasty feeling regular moisturizer can cause when combined with extreme heat. After this has sunk in, I feel clean, relaxed and refreshed. So it does the job.
However there are some imperfections there too. First, as I said it does sink in rather fast; my skin completely drinks it up in 5-10 minutes. However until it does sink in, it's rather sticky, both on the skin and the hands. Therefore you have to wait before you put on clothes, plus I guess there's people who might find that very unpleasant. I'm ok with it because it eventually goes away completely with no residue left behind, but obviously I'd prefer it without the stickiness.
Second, while it does leave you with soft, supple skin, it doesn't really provide deep moisturization. That's not a problem for me since my skin isn't very dry for the most part; I just use something more efficient on my lower leg area, which happens to be extremely dry, and this anywhere else. If you're super dry, I'm not sure this will work.
All in all, while this isn't perfect, I do love it in the Summer, because it feels extremely cooling and relaxing after a hot day at work or on the beach. It also serves as a nice after sun treat for the skin (provided you're not burnt; then you'd need something stronger). It's also quite cheap so I'll definitely get it again next Summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always use a body gel in the summer, I find most lotions to be too heavy when its hot out. My stand by has always been Junkisui body serum which can be hard to find and is $25. This product is a pretty close substitute and it's less than half the price. I have both right now because the Junkisui is not sticky and the Vaseline is a tiny bit when first applied, also the Junkisui smells a bit nicer. I'm keeping both products around but for everyday I will probably use this since it's cheaper and neither product lasts that long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this product! But i have the one in the brown bottle, the cocoa butter vitalizing gel. I will be trying the aloe vera one next! It is quite sticky but it blends into my skin after half an hour...which i don't mind so much because it makes my skin soooo glowy and great and soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Cammyb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must be the odd ball because this stuff sucks to me!! I bought it because summer here in Florida is extremely humid and I wanted something light, refreshing,that wont' make me sweat. Both me and my husband used this product at the same time and we both hated it. Truly a disappointment. It felt like I put hair Gel on my skin. At first my skin felt sticky and felt like I put hair gel on my skin and then after a few seconds my skin got instantly dry and dull looking. I had to remoisturize with the Vaseline Cocobutter body lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by samanthajohn2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I thought with the Aloe Vera content this product would be a pleasure to use instead I was very disappointed. The stickiness made it unbearable for my skin, the moisture dissapeared after 4-5 hours hence my skin looked cracked and dry. The packaging is attractive and nice however I was not pleased with the product hence I will stick to using Vaseline Moisture locking body lotion for dry skin instead of this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by win24

I bought this gel to replace my St. Ives Eye & Face Stress Gel. That was my HG gel, but I'm running out and the product has been discontinued, aww.....Anyway, the Vaseline gel is an ok substitute. I tried it under my eyes and instantly felt a cooling sensation - then it was burning! There was no red under my eye and the burning stopped. Wow, my skin is smooth now! I like the smell too-very summery. This bottle should last me a long time. I'll probably buy it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by so_1978

Awesome product to use during the summer because it's not greasy. The body gel goes on cool and it is very moisturizing! It leaves my skin so soft...like silk! It doesn't give you a sparkly sheen..which is great for everyday. The price was $5.99 for a 6.8fl oz bottle which isn't bad considering some of us pay $19.00 for a small tube of lip gloss..lol.

It smells like soap which could clash with some fragrances but it's not overly heavy.

Oh and this product would be great for husbands, boyfriends and sons! The packaging isnt girly..just very clean and simple!