Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire

3.4

on 3/5/2013 3:28:00 PM

Wow. This is a huge mess on my skin. Some cherry coke and lemon opening soon to be mixed with Greek ouzo or Turkish raki -basically anise overdose and connotations of a sad hangover. All in a bakery setting. Congrats Guerlain.

on 2/1/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I can see why some have compared this one to Lolita Lempicka. Both have that fruity sweetness with a deeper amber type drydown. This Guerlain however replaces the anise note of Lolita for a cherry note that is fruity while not being overly sugary. I love the tea note in this, it is evident from beginning to end. This scent lasted over eight hours on me, so for lasting power and how smoothly the notes went from top to drydown, this fragrance is very well done. However, this fragrance is not for me anymore. I have worn fragrances like Lolita and others similar for over a decade and I guess I'm over that style now. Its a nice fragrance if you're looking for a warm fruity floral with an ambery drydown though....

on 2/1/2013 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was shocked by this perfume...in a bad way. I have loved most of Guelain's perfumes. Sure I may not choose to wear some of them but I can appreciate them. This...nope no sell.
It felt I had strayed into the "celebrity fragrance" section of the fragrance department. Sweet, fruity, blackcurrant...just no from me on this one.

on 1/18/2013 6:15:00 AM

Wow very unusual ! Smells like sweet incense...just beautiful. I had a tiny sample of this and the first time I wore it my boyfriend said he loved it and it made him think of a 'Maiden'. It's heady, sweet, musky and very sensual. Similar to Lolita.
This makes me feel very sexy and is an evening perfume and prob most suited to winter months as it's so warm and cocooning.
The only down point is the price which is about 42 for 30ml but it's worth it as a little goes a long way :-)

on 1/15/2013 7:44:00 PM

After trying this in the store (stored right under bright fluorescent lighting, tester who knows how old) I still LOVED the fragrance.
Once I received a fresh sealed, properly stored bottle as a gift from my boyfriend, I have my "signature" scent.
I run very hot and usually can not be bothered with wearing perfume as they do not last long.
La Petite Robe Noir lasts all day and night for me with a light application and I can still enjoy it!
The black cherry and smoky tea stands out most for me, and it is refreshing to have a gourmet scent which is not vanilla or musk based, nor overly sweet. All the right notes for me. I prefer to buy the $10 "sample" jars to ensure a fresh bottle as opposed to having a full sized bottle sit on my vanity for a long time.
EDIT: I should also mention that I am a big tea drinker-and I dont mean the floor sweepings one expects to find at the grocery store. The scent was on par with estate teas I have drunk from India.

on 1/15/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I felt compelled to write a review because I want people to know that yes, some people have fallen in love with this perfume and you might too! I spent 2 hours with an SA in Sephora trying out different perfumes. I finally gave up and she told me to try this one. I immediately was intrigued. I had never smelled anything like it before. It vaguely reminded me of LL but I really dislike LL. I can smell the licorice and black cherry (I'm not great at describing fragrances so please excuse me) It's such a unique intriguing scent that is warm and envelopes me. I love it for the winter. It sticks to my skin which NO perfumes do. I had to stop wearing all the perfumes I own because of that problem, but this one lasts. I really hope you test it out for yourself : )

EDIT: after almost finishing the bottle, I realized this fragrance really isn't all that special. Considering its guerlain and so expensive, I expect more. I tired of this quickly. Won't repurchase.

on 12/22/2012 8:05:00 PM

Hmm I will dissent from the majority here, I love this fragrance! I can see the Lolita comparisons, but I cannot wear LL and my hubby hates it, too powdery for him. Both he and I love this fragrance. I love the cherry/almond smell, it kind of reminds me of amaretto or something and I want to chew my wrist off (just kidding)! It dries down to a very sexy sultry smell. The lasting power is fabulous on my skin. Wonderful for fall and winter! I can see wearing this with a black dress, or a sweater and boots, also smells wonderful on a leather jacket. Would buy again!

on 12/9/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This fragrance is just different. I like it very much and I think it is intended more for younger girls.

on 11/28/2012 5:04:00 AM

ok this review is for the drugstore version which is quite common in stores, not for the first version which is absolutely inovative and pleasant...

why o why does everything in the perfume industry have to be spoiled?
after the beautiful LPRN limited version,which was quite a (sweet) surprise but ever so Guerlainesque (sweet syrup cherries and marzipane) which was a very good scent and idea overall , indeed, one has to suffer from poor rersemblance of the notes,genericaly ''mixed-and-stirred'' liquid, just vaguely reminding me of the first one??
girls who like the first LPRN won't find any ''attention worthy twist'' or inovative approach in this drugstore juice.so to cut the long story short-if you haven't got a clue what the first edition smelled like-you could even enjoy this sweet....but if you know how it smelled when it first came out, well, I guess you won't like it...better yet-you'll despise it....
every perfume has its ''client'', but this one is for those with no special criteria but to come into the drugstore, ask for a sweet perfume, and end up with a very persistant seller who will convince you that the ''new Guerlain'' is just what you're looking for...
ok, am I a little rude?yeah, I am.
don't try to ''fix it'' if it's not broken guys...let the perfume be a perfume, not a sad copy of itself!!

so, first edition of LPRN 1- great,4 lippies
second edition of LPRN !- awful! 2 lippies.

(not to be confused with the whole another concept in LPRN2!!)

on 11/25/2012 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Received a tester from this with another purchase, for which I was really glad since I yearned to try this one out! To me it smells a bit like cherry tart? I liked it, but didn't love it, and grew tired of it quite quickly. I feel it's a bit too much "out there" in a non-sophisticated way. On the plus size, I do love the bottle and it's staying power on my was crazy. Won't be asking this for my Christmas gift however!

Popular Fragrances