December 19, 2014 | 1518 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - La Petite Robe Noire

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was shocked by this perfume...in a bad way. I have loved most of Guelain's perfumes. Sure I may not choose to wear some of them but I can appreciate them. This...nope no sell.
It felt I had strayed into the "celebrity fragrance" section of the fragrance department. Sweet, fruity, blackcurrant...just no from me on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by leafy123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow very unusual ! Smells like sweet incense...just beautiful. I had a tiny sample of this and the first time I wore it my boyfriend said he loved it and it made him think of a 'Maiden'. It's heady, sweet, musky and very sensual. Similar to Lolita.
This makes me feel very sexy and is an evening perfume and prob most suited to winter months as it's so warm and cocooning.
The only down point is the price which is about 42 for 30ml but it's worth it as a little goes a long way :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying this in the store (stored right under bright fluorescent lighting, tester who knows how old) I still LOVED the fragrance.
Once I received a fresh sealed, properly stored bottle as a gift from my boyfriend, I have my "signature" scent.
I run very hot and usually can not be bothered with wearing perfume as they do not last long.
La Petite Robe Noir lasts all day and night for me with a light application and I can still enjoy it!
The black cherry and smoky tea stands out most for me, and it is refreshing to have a gourmet scent which is not vanilla or musk based, nor overly sweet. All the right notes for me. I prefer to buy the $10 "sample" jars to ensure a fresh bottle as opposed to having a full sized bottle sit on my vanity for a long time.
EDIT: I should also mention that I am a big tea drinker-and I dont mean the floor sweepings one expects to find at the grocery store. The scent was on par with estate teas I have drunk from India.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt compelled to write a review because I want people to know that yes, some people have fallen in love with this perfume and you might too! I spent 2 hours with an SA in Sephora trying out different perfumes. I finally gave up and she told me to try this one. I immediately was intrigued. I had never smelled anything like it before. It vaguely reminded me of LL but I really dislike LL. I can smell the licorice and black cherry (I'm not great at describing fragrances so please excuse me) It's such a unique intriguing scent that is warm and envelopes me. I love it for the winter. It sticks to my skin which NO perfumes do. I had to stop wearing all the perfumes I own because of that problem, but this one lasts. I really hope you test it out for yourself : )

EDIT: after almost finishing the bottle, I realized this fragrance really isn't all that special. Considering its guerlain and so expensive, I expect more. I tired of this quickly. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

Hmm I will dissent from the majority here, I love this fragrance! I can see the Lolita comparisons, but I cannot wear LL and my hubby hates it, too powdery for him. Both he and I love this fragrance. I love the cherry/almond smell, it kind of reminds me of amaretto or something and I want to chew my wrist off (just kidding)! It dries down to a very sexy sultry smell. The lasting power is fabulous on my skin. Wonderful for fall and winter! I can see wearing this with a black dress, or a sweater and boots, also smells wonderful on a leather jacket. Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This fragrance is just different. I like it very much and I think it is intended more for younger girls.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ok this review is for the drugstore version which is quite common in stores, not for the first version which is absolutely inovative and pleasant...

why o why does everything in the perfume industry have to be spoiled?
after the beautiful LPRN limited version,which was quite a (sweet) surprise but ever so Guerlainesque (sweet syrup cherries and marzipane) which was a very good scent and idea overall , indeed, one has to suffer from poor rersemblance of the notes,genericaly ''mixed-and-stirred'' liquid, just vaguely reminding me of the first one??
girls who like the first LPRN won't find any ''attention worthy twist'' or inovative approach in this drugstore juice.so to cut the long story short-if you haven't got a clue what the first edition smelled like-you could even enjoy this sweet....but if you know how it smelled when it first came out, well, I guess you won't like it...better yet-you'll despise it....
every perfume has its ''client'', but this one is for those with no special criteria but to come into the drugstore, ask for a sweet perfume, and end up with a very persistant seller who will convince you that the ''new Guerlain'' is just what you're looking for...
ok, am I a little rude?yeah, I am.
don't try to ''fix it'' if it's not broken guys...let the perfume be a perfume, not a sad copy of itself!!

so, first edition of LPRN 1- great,4 lippies
second edition of LPRN !- awful! 2 lippies.

(not to be confused with the whole another concept in LPRN2!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Alasse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a tester from this with another purchase, for which I was really glad since I yearned to try this one out! To me it smells a bit like cherry tart? I liked it, but didn't love it, and grew tired of it quite quickly. I feel it's a bit too much "out there" in a non-sophisticated way. On the plus size, I do love the bottle and it's staying power on my was crazy. Won't be asking this for my Christmas gift however!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in the minority of those who kinda like this, but it must be worn LIGHTLY. It's quite strong, sweet with a blackberry underscent to it. I agree with the poster who said it's a "winter perfume" and the cold seems to somehow buffer it. I think it would be heavy and too nauseating in warm weather. I have a deluxe sample from Sephora that will last forever, I use just a tiny bit and only now that it is winter. I would not purchase it, it would go to waste. There are other perfumes I'd rather spend the money on that are more versatile.
**EDIT** Each time I wear this I dislike it more and more.. It's just too heavy and sweet and it gets cheap-smelling quick. Nope.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued by the notes in this (black cherries, rose, patchouli, tea), but... it smells like Hall's cherry cough drops, and it never really goes away. Every once in a while there's an intriguing hint of tea and smoke and anise, which makes me think this is supposed to be Guerlain's gateway drug for my generation and lead us to bigger and better Guerlainade.
Cough drops.