October 1, 2014 | 1815 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - La Petite Robe Noire

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt compelled to write a review because I want people to know that yes, some people have fallen in love with this perfume and you might too! I spent 2 hours with an SA in Sephora trying out different perfumes. I finally gave up and she told me to try this one. I immediately was intrigued. I had never smelled anything like it before. It vaguely reminded me of LL but I really dislike LL. I can smell the licorice and black cherry (I'm not great at describing fragrances so please excuse me) It's such a unique intriguing scent that is warm and envelopes me. I love it for the winter. It sticks to my skin which NO perfumes do. I had to stop wearing all the perfumes I own because of that problem, but this one lasts. I really hope you test it out for yourself : )

EDIT: after almost finishing the bottle, I realized this fragrance really isn't all that special. Considering its guerlain and so expensive, I expect more. I tired of this quickly. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

Hmm I will dissent from the majority here, I love this fragrance! I can see the Lolita comparisons, but I cannot wear LL and my hubby hates it, too powdery for him. Both he and I love this fragrance. I love the cherry/almond smell, it kind of reminds me of amaretto or something and I want to chew my wrist off (just kidding)! It dries down to a very sexy sultry smell. The lasting power is fabulous on my skin. Wonderful for fall and winter! I can see wearing this with a black dress, or a sweater and boots, also smells wonderful on a leather jacket. Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This fragrance is just different. I like it very much and I think it is intended more for younger girls.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ok this review is for the drugstore version which is quite common in stores, not for the first version which is absolutely inovative and pleasant...

why o why does everything in the perfume industry have to be spoiled?
after the beautiful LPRN limited version,which was quite a (sweet) surprise but ever so Guerlainesque (sweet syrup cherries and marzipane) which was a very good scent and idea overall , indeed, one has to suffer from poor rersemblance of the notes,genericaly ''mixed-and-stirred'' liquid, just vaguely reminding me of the first one??
girls who like the first LPRN won't find any ''attention worthy twist'' or inovative approach in this drugstore juice.so to cut the long story short-if you haven't got a clue what the first edition smelled like-you could even enjoy this sweet....but if you know how it smelled when it first came out, well, I guess you won't like it...better yet-you'll despise it....
every perfume has its ''client'', but this one is for those with no special criteria but to come into the drugstore, ask for a sweet perfume, and end up with a very persistant seller who will convince you that the ''new Guerlain'' is just what you're looking for...
ok, am I a little rude?yeah, I am.
don't try to ''fix it'' if it's not broken guys...let the perfume be a perfume, not a sad copy of itself!!

so, first edition of LPRN 1- great,4 lippies
second edition of LPRN !- awful! 2 lippies.

(not to be confused with the whole another concept in LPRN2!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Alasse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a tester from this with another purchase, for which I was really glad since I yearned to try this one out! To me it smells a bit like cherry tart? I liked it, but didn't love it, and grew tired of it quite quickly. I feel it's a bit too much "out there" in a non-sophisticated way. On the plus size, I do love the bottle and it's staying power on my was crazy. Won't be asking this for my Christmas gift however!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in the minority of those who kinda like this, but it must be worn LIGHTLY. It's quite strong, sweet with a blackberry underscent to it. I agree with the poster who said it's a "winter perfume" and the cold seems to somehow buffer it. I think it would be heavy and too nauseating in warm weather. I have a deluxe sample from Sephora that will last forever, I use just a tiny bit and only now that it is winter. I would not purchase it, it would go to waste. There are other perfumes I'd rather spend the money on that are more versatile.
**EDIT** Each time I wear this I dislike it more and more.. It's just too heavy and sweet and it gets cheap-smelling quick. Nope.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued by the notes in this (black cherries, rose, patchouli, tea), but... it smells like Hall's cherry cough drops, and it never really goes away. Every once in a while there's an intriguing hint of tea and smoke and anise, which makes me think this is supposed to be Guerlain's gateway drug for my generation and lead us to bigger and better Guerlainade.
Cough drops.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tajwae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this scent! I don't know why all of the negative reviews. I have the shower gel also. This is not an old lady scent - just scents smell different on everyone. Try a sample first - it is definitely different than anything out there and the scent lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have not purchased this yet but have sampled it in store (often!) and am planning to purchase this fragrance at some point.

I have never been able to wear Guerlain fragrances. As much as I love the history and mystery of some of the "classics" - Shalimar, Jicky (my first "high end" fragrance purchase when I was about 12!), L'Heure Bleu, Chant d'Aromes, etc. - they do not smell nice on me and just don't work with my body chemistry so why pay top dollar for a fragrance that is stinky on me, no matter how gorgeous the bottle. But after being sprayed (almost against my will - very insistent SA!) with La Petite Robe Noire and wearing it for the rest of the day, I have to say I really liked it. It was sort of like "Shalimar Light" on me - I could detect very strong similarities with Shalimar but this smelled nice on me rather than not so nice. I've tried it several times since, when I've been passing through department stores, and have liked the result every time. The only problem is that my husband doesn't like it much and finds it "too sweet" (his words).

And sorry, Guerlain, but the bottle is just plain tacky looking. Compared to some of the classic perfume bottles of old from this company, the bottle for La Petite Robe Noire looks like it belongs with the cheaper drug-store release fragrances. That stenciled/painted on black dress just doesn't do it, when you compare it with the bottles for L'Heure Bleue or Mitsuoko.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

Lolita Lempicka with a dash of Delices de Cartier. Nice in small doses. Warm, sweet, creamy, synthetic. Smells a little like lipstick on the drydown.