April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Conditioner - Aveeno - Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay leave-in conditioner, but I've used others that I prefer (Giovanni, Brocato). It helps to condition and detangle my hair (because I have a one-year-old child and work full time, I try to keep my showers as short as possible and thus skip using a rinse-out conditioner). Even though this product doesn't have a lot of silicones (just one near the end of the ingredients list), it is nevertheless very important to use it very sparingly. I use 3 squirts on my fine, straight, chin-length hair. And even with this light usage, I get a bit of buildup and have to take a day off from using it about once a week. Also, if you have any sort of wheat or gluten sensitivity or intolerance or allergy, avoid this product, as it contains both wheat gluten and wheat germ oil. I don't plan to repurchase once my bottle is empty.

Ingredients: Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Wheat Gluten, Wheat Germ Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium 91, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Butylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by pegasusgift

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I was overly impressed w this product. I used it for the first time last night and then again this evening before noticing my hair felt extra hard and dry tonight before applying it. The product immediately made my hair feel soft, manageable and detangled, but...... I had to remind myself of what my hair felt like the following day.... dry, dry, dry. Unfortunately I didnt read the product ingredients until after the fact and this stuff has way too much alcohol in it for me to ever purchase it again. Any instant gratification from this product is only temporary and anyone w hair as dry and brittle as mines should absolutely stay away from it. On to trying something else that works without making my hair feel more fried than it already is. Still confused why these hair product manufacturers are convinced we need alcohol in our hair. Such a big NO NO.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aveeno's Nourish+Condition Leave in Treatment is a spray-in leave in conditione that claims to "deeply replenish dry, damaged hair" with its "nourishing wheat complex". I purchased my bottle at Wal-Mart for less than $5 for 5.2oz.
I have very long, very thick, wavy hair that can get a little oily. My hair also tends to matte and tangle easily.
I started off using this product with the shampoo and conditioner from the same line. However the shampoo caused me to break out on my back and chest, so I discontinued use after I finished the bottle. However, this spray doesn't cause me to react the same way.
I mainly use this product as a detangler. I spray it directly onto my brush, and brush it through, root to ends, in dry, or semi-wet hair. This is excellent for detangling small to medium size knots and leaves my hair with a healthy, natural looking shine. I use this generally every other day.
I don't experience any extra oiliness because of this product, but I do get a small amount of buildup near my roots if I use this two or so days in a row without washing my hair in between.
I wouldn't recommend using this treatment as your only conditioner, but I do find that I need to use significantly less conditioner, much less frequently.
I also enjoy the smell of this this conditioner. I can't determine exactly what the smell is, if its fruity or floral, or maybe a bit of both. Either way it has a very fresh, clean scent. My roommate always compliments me on how good my hair smells after using this.
The only real con I can mention about this product other than the slight buildup is the potential to cause skin or scalp reactions. I broke out badly from the shampoo, but do not have any reactions from this conditioner, but that may not be true for everyone. I would recommend avoiding this if you're sensitive to wheat products. I think the wheat may be what caused my reaction, but I'm not sure.
I recommend this leave in treatment if you're looking for a good detangling product, or a leave in conditioner than boosts shine and gives a healthy appearance. The value of this product is pretty good, you get 5.2 oz for about $5, and its easily available at Wal-Mart and drugstores. I've already repurchased this, as I'm almost done with my first bottle. I plan to continue to repurchase it as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Okay so I accidently wrote this review below under the actual conditioner, not the leave in, so here is where this review belongs and I am also going to do an update:

Oh wow! This product is amazing! I purchased this the other day when I ran out of Giovanni vitapro leave-in conditioner and there is such a difference between the two products that I just had to write a review!
This product detangled my hair amazingly, left it shiny, left it smelling great and even left it thicker! Yes thicker! I was like no way! I have 1ai type hair, in plain english means very straight fine thin hair.. but yes it did and I am really suprised. I also noticed my hair feeling soo soft and a lot of my damaged strands seemed smoother. One thing I did notice was how thick this conditioner is, its very thick and I think I put way too much on especially on my roots because my roots felt a little too greasy...not noticably greasy but felt a little heavy...so I think this product goes a long way so use it sparingly especially on your roots.
This product also has a cone in it but thats okay I clarify my hair every week to avoid silicone build up. Overall yes I love this stuff and will repurchase!!!

UPDATE: Okay so, after using this for a while, I have found out that this product builds up on my hair like crazy. I almost can't use this after every time I wash my hair because for some reason it is just too much for my hair, weighs it down and it sticks together. The weird part is, you think after I wash my hair it would be clean enough to spray this stuff on, I could see it building if I sprayed it on, then the next day didn't wash my hair, then sprayed some more on. So unfortunatley I have to take away 2 stars...but I still really like it, I can use it only once per week, and each time my hair looks and feels amazing. But I also want to comment, that the go blonder shampoo and conditioner by john frieda did the exact same thing, after a few weeks my hair became kinda gummy and hard to detangle. I want to blame these two ingredients: Behentrimonium Methosulfate, behentrimonium chloride, which are similar to each other. These were both find in the shampoo and conditioner I used with John Frieda and Aveeno leave in conditioner. I have to use these products with caution to avoid the build up. If this product hasn't been working for you, well this might be why.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by SeasheII

This product works amazing as a detangler, avoid getting your roots with this as it will come out a little greasy. You don't need much of this product at all and I will defiantly re-buy. It's AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I totally forgot I even had this product until recently! i'm moving so i ended up finding this in my ever growing stash of products. The first time i used it, I think I only stopped using it because I didn't seem much of a difference. However, using it recently on my -heavily- bleached hair [now white-platinum], it works like a dream. My hair needs the protein in this & the moisture, so it works wonders! My hair feels so soft despite being damaged, & I think having used this [as well as a lot of other things] before getting my hair done really helped to keep it healthy.
It is a bit pricy, I think around...$7.50 at Walgreens/CVS & possibly $6 ish at target/Walmart? Don't quote me on it. But it's a bit pricy for a drugstore item & on a college budget, but I have paid more for things that don't work as well, so in the end at least I'm getting what I paid for :] I will continue to use this until I see that it isn't as efficient any longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Horse293

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! I was at a friend's house and needed to detangle my hair, so she let me use this. I fell in love right away and bought a bottle the next time I went out. It made my curls so much softer and bouncier, which is super hard to find without spending a lot of money. This is my new favorite hair product, and I've gotten so many compliments on my soft hair since I've been using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this leave in conditioner and have repurchased my second bottle. I don't use this every time I wash and condition my hair, just on those days when my hair feels dry and could use a little extra love and attention. One thing I have noticed about this product is it seems to be quite concentrated as I personally don't need more than a few sprays or I end up with limp and greasy hair. One thing I don't like about this item is the nozzle as it shoots a stream like spray versus a finer mist. To work around that issue I spray 2 to 3 sprays into my hand and work the product into my hair, especially around my drier ends. I think after I finish my second bottle I will try other leave in conditioners as there are so many products available and I enjoy testing out new items.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I just finished a bottle of this and felt like I should review it.

Pros:
*Really "treats" my hair!!! I used Pantene's hair care and their leave-in treatment spray for several years until it was discontinued. Stupid Pantene. After that I have been looking for other hair products that work as well on my hair. This spray leave-in is quite close to what I had with the Pantene in that it actually "treats" my hair instead of sitting on top like many other leave-ins.

*Easy to find and affordable. I got mine on sale for about $5.

*Scent. Has a lovely, fresh, floral scent that is also a bit, grassy? Not sure but it's lovely. And it lingers so very lightly that I can only smell it if I were to sniff my hair. I can be sensitive to different scents so this is a plus.

Cons:
****FRIZZ***!!! While this treated my hair and made it feel more healthy, it also made it FRIZZ like nobody's business. I would always contemplate whether I wanted the conditioning bad enough to tolerate the frizz. It was the main, and only thing that kept me from repurchasing and trying Aussie Insurance Leave-In instead. Sure, it's a leave-in and not a styling product. But I don't want to have to use something that makes my hair look worse so it can *feel* healthy. The Aussie conditions ok, not as good as this or the Pantene that I used to use. But the Aussie actually controls my frizz a bit and does NOT contribute to it. It also costs about 1/2 the price though I consider both affordable.

I put that I would not repurchase, but I'm still not sure. Maybe? If I can find some way to work around the frizz I'd use it. But I don't like having to apply product to make my hair look "decent" because the leave-in makes it look worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

This is a pretty good leave-in conditioner for the price. It's not overly greasy, it leaves my hair pretty soft and manageable, and it's fairly inexpensive. I wish they would use a normal sprayer though. This one tends to spray too much at once, rather than a light mist like most spray-in products. It gets all over my neck, which is kind of gross and wastes product.