Aveeno Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment

Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Triticum Vulgare Gluten (Wheat), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium 91, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Butylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, May Contain ( /-): CItric Acid

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the best most effective leave in conditioner that I have ever used.
It smells nice, and I notice that it really makes my hair shiny, soft and a lot more manageable. I'm very impressed.

on 6/10/2012 9:12:00 PM

After using this product for three or four months, I noticed that my hair was dry and crunchy. I quit using it, and found out after that it was loaded with silicones. My hair evidently hates those. I quit using and started conditioning with cone free conditioner instead, and now I've had long shiny tresses with $1.50 Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner. Now three lippies for those ladies who are cone-friendly. I am not, though.

on 5/13/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this yesterday for the first time, used it last night after I showered. my hair is pretty damaged from bleaching and dying for so many years. I never find anything that leaves my hair soft after it dries naturally. THIS DID!! I let it dry as I slept, woke up with soft, detangled , shiny, and moisturizer hair. so as of today I'm in love with this product, but we shall see in the long run!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this a few months ago but have been constantly reaching for it lately. My hair is straight, normal and pretty healthy since I dont really do anything special to it but it can get a little dry at the ends. This comes in a spray bottle and its just a white liquid. The nozzle works pretty well you can just evenly spray it in your hair but I prefer to pump about two to three sprays in my hand and run it through ears length down of my hair after its a little bit air dried and it detangles my hair wonderfully. I tend to alternate this with another leave in condtioner because it does have a little bit of protein in it and it is more of a treatment. It leaves my hair feeling soft and strong and leaves a little volume too I have also noticed that when I use this often my hair seems to grow a little faster because in my experience it helps prevent breakage. Even though the bottle doesnt look that big it has lasted me awhile and it is worth the few extra dollars.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow, as an Aveeno fan I found this product an enormous disappointment. It really was akin to spritzing water on my hair. Absolutely made zero difference. I tried it multiple times on damp hair, wet hair, nearly dry hair and got zero effect. I really wanted it to work since I typically have great luck with the Aveeno line but buying this was literally like throwing money away. Granted my hair is long and highlighted and tends to be on the thristy side, so maybe this would work fine for "normal" hair. If you've got dry processed hair, I would skip over this product.

on 2/3/2012 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is neither very good nor very bad. The price was around $7 at my local Wal-mart. The packaging itself is very irritating as the pump often stalls and gives little or no product. I like the noticeable floral scent but it does not last for very long. I have not noticed any difference in my hair when I do or don't use this product. It's very forgettable and I would repurchase again if I could not find something I liked better.

love this!!! this is my holy grail of hair products. a few sprays on the ends of my hair leaves it soft and detangled all day. an added bonus is the smell, it smells AMAZING and lasts all day. just be sure to apply with a light hand, too much and your hair will feel oily and dirty.

on 1/6/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an okay leave-in conditioner, but I've used others that I prefer (Giovanni, Brocato). It helps to condition and detangle my hair (because I have a one-year-old child and work full time, I try to keep my showers as short as possible and thus skip using a rinse-out conditioner). Even though this product doesn't have a lot of silicones (just one near the end of the ingredients list), it is nevertheless very important to use it very sparingly. I use 3 squirts on my fine, straight, chin-length hair. And even with this light usage, I get a bit of buildup and have to take a day off from using it about once a week. Also, if you have any sort of wheat or gluten sensitivity or intolerance or allergy, avoid this product, as it contains both wheat gluten and wheat germ oil. I don't plan to repurchase once my bottle is empty.

Ingredients: Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Wheat Gluten, Wheat Germ Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium 91, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Butylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate. continued >>

on 12/9/2011 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

At first I was overly impressed w this product. I used it for the first time last night and then again this evening before noticing my hair felt extra hard and dry tonight before applying it. The product immediately made my hair feel soft, manageable and detangled, but...... I had to remind myself of what my hair felt like the following day.... dry, dry, dry. Unfortunately I didnt read the product ingredients until after the fact and this stuff has way too much alcohol in it for me to ever purchase it again. Any instant gratification from this product is only temporary and anyone w hair as dry and brittle as mines should absolutely stay away from it. On to trying something else that works without making my hair feel more fried than it already is. Still confused why these hair product manufacturers are convinced we need alcohol in our hair. Such a big NO NO.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Aveeno's Nourish+Condition Leave in Treatment is a spray-in leave in conditione that claims to "deeply replenish dry, damaged hair" with its "nourishing wheat complex". I purchased my bottle at Wal-Mart for less than $5 for 5.2oz.
I have very long, very thick, wavy hair that can get a little oily. My hair also tends to matte and tangle easily.
I started off using this product with the shampoo and conditioner from the same line. However the shampoo caused me to break out on my back and chest, so I discontinued use after I finished the bottle. However, this spray doesn't cause me to react the same way.
I mainly use this product as a detangler. I spray it directly onto my brush, and brush it through, root to ends, in dry, or semi-wet hair. This is excellent for detangling small to medium size knots and leaves my hair with a healthy, natural looking shine. I use this generally every other day.
I don't experience any extra oiliness because of this product, but I do get a small amount of buildup near my roots if I use this two or so days in a row without washing my hair in between.
I wouldn't recommend using this treatment as your only conditioner, but I do find that I need to use significantly less conditioner, much less frequently.
I also enjoy the smell of this this conditioner. I can't determine exactly what the smell is, if its fruity or floral, or maybe a bit of both. Either way it has a very fresh, clean scent. My roommate always compliments me on how good my hair smells after using this.
The only real con I can mention about this product other than the slight buildup is the potential to cause skin or scalp reactions. I broke out badly from the shampoo, but do not have any reactions from this conditioner, but that may not be true for everyone. I would recommend avoiding this if you're sensitive to wheat products. I think the wheat may be what caused my reaction, but I'm not sure.
I recommend this leave in treatment if you're looking for a good detangling product, or a leave in conditioner than boosts shine and gives a healthy appearance. The value of this product is pretty good, you get 5.2 oz for about $5, and its easily available at Wal-Mart and drugstores. I've already repurchased this, as I'm almost done with my first bottle. I plan to continue to repurchase it as well.