September 2, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen Mascara Blackest Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used this mascara since this January until May (not the same tube), and what I remember the most of it is that it flakes like mad, no matter rain or shine, winter or summer. It is a really dark black, which I like for dramatic looks, but it smudges under my eyes and looks quite awful after wearing it for a while. When it came out, I was drawn to the fact that it contained collagen. The packaging was also really nice, looking more like a HE product than a DS one. However, the performance of this mascara leaves a lot to be desired. Unless you have no smudging problems with *any* mascara, as well as a great tolerance for flakes, you'll like this. I wear contact lenses daily, which means that any flake in my eyes gives me the biggest pain. It also does not keep a curl, so I normally use this over a WP mascara or only on my lower lashes (which causes more smudging, as I have later discovered). I will most definitely not repurchase this mascara, and I do not recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wore this as a teenager. Not a bad macara, i used it to the end, but there was something about it i didn't like.
Pros:
adds volume (added picture)
Thick formula
very black

Cons:
Heavily scented. 3 years later that's still the first thing that comes to my mind.
Extremely expensive, even for a L'Oreal product.
Lashs feel hard.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I love this mascara. After using it for a couple of days I was going to give it 5 lippies and put it on the HG status list along with my Maybelline Lash Stilletto. However, a week into using it daily, it practically dried up! I couldn't believe it. I was truly disappointed because this mascara made my lashes look lush, thick, and full but I won't bother ever buying it again since it dries up so fast:(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by xxgoodnevil17xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't get this mascara! I've tried it twice and both times the mascara started flaking horribly within an hour. Not only that but it flakes into the eyes, my eyes were irritated both separate times for a week each. (i used it a long time ago, hated it, forgot why i hated it, tried it again this past week and yea..) I couldn't put anything on or near my eyes for this past week. I also tried to remove it and i had to scrub so hard to get it out a few of my eyelashes came out! My eyes are still recovering... I don't recommend this product at all, its not even worth the trouble to try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by cmc79

I rarely feel compelled to write reviews. However, this product was so horrible that I feel the need to warn others. I am a fan of L'Oreal Voluminous and Telescopic Mascara so I thought I would give this a try. The only thing I can say about this mascara is that it has an extremely gummy consistency. For me, the mascara applies in clumps that were nearly impossible to comb out of my lashes. I hate to be wasteful and throw brand-new products away, but this went right into the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lellyluvu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used voluminous for years and swear by it, so thought this would be just like voluminous and then some. instead it was super clumpy and I don't really think I got nearly the volume I do out of the regular voluminous mascara. even the wand looked like a mess. no thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by nattar

LOVE this mascara!
i'm always looking for a good volumizing mascara. this one is perfect.
it gives great volume and builds quickly, without clumping. the size of the brush isn't too big, and makes it relatively easy to get the inner and outer corners of my eyes. blackest black is a deep, rich black that doesn't fade and i have had no problems with this running, smearing, or flaking. (although i don't usually with my mascaras)
one of my favourite things about this mascara is that if you smudge, let the smudge dry, and it literally pops right off with a dab of a cotton swab without ruining the rest of your makeup! super easy to remove as well, i usually just use my facial cleanser and it comes of very easily without any fuss.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by urgirlclb17

I have really short, light lashes and have always been a fan of Voluminous so I decided to try this. I really like it, you have to be careful with how many coats you put on because it can get clumpy..but it gives tons of volume and drys quick so I can curl my lashes again with an eyelash curler. I'm also a fan of cover girl lash blast and rimmel volume flash mascara if that helps!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

First, the TV and print ads had me sold on this mascara from the get go. So, score 1 for the advertising agency that made the ads. I hurried out and bought this and liked it so much that I bought another as a backup to use after six months. At first use, the product seemed really too much clumped onto the brush and it globbed onto my eyelashes when I tried to carefully apply. I figured it was due to it being a brand new tube, so when I pulled the brush out on the next use I dragged the side of it a little as to clean off the brush a bit. I have to do this every single time I use this mascara. A little goes a long way. If you have too much on the brush you end up with spider legs and a clumpy, spikey look. I use this when I have no time and have to apply something quickly but I will not buy this again. I was hoping this would be close to Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara which I loved when it was sold in the U.S.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by UberMagic

I'm a Voluminous fan so when I saw this pumped up version I thought I'd hit the jackpot.

Wrong.

The formula definitely isn't as black as the regular Volumious "Blackest black" and comes off as an almost transparent grey-black that you have to layer to get even close to only two swipes of the old Voluminous. If I'm not incredibly attentive to application, it clumps my lashes together tarantula-style and it flaked all over under my eyes. Not pretty.