July 29, 2014 | 1875 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by BluntLogic

I love this conditioner. I have very thick, straight hair that has a lot of natural highlights. The shampoo and conditioner keep my hair from picking up deposits and looking brassy while enhancing the colour and making it really shiny. I use this every 3 days and I never get split ends or damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by alyssabombshell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing! I naturally have dark blonde hair and I bleach it to a lighter blonde most of the time. This helped blend in my roots to the lower parts of my hair. Noticed a difference after several days of use. Nothing drastic, but my hair just looked brighter and my natural highlights popped! Around 5-6 dollars at Target. Worth the money! Leaves my hair silky and smooth. Definitely use with the shampoo! Will be buying again and again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lolilea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I frikking love this line! see review for shampoo for more details. The conditioner is lightweight, doesnt build up, volumizes, hydrates adequately, softens, delivers highlights and SHHHINNNE! Gonna put it out there: my hair is amazing! In large part to using this for 2 years, unfortunately i require more moisture so have to alternate this poo and dish with another line, if only i could reap the benefits of this every wash.

Edit: still loving. i switched up to more moisturising conditioners for a while (gvp balm, triple mega moist, ethnic hair stuff, co-wash) once my hair got past waist but noticed that my hair had no body and less swoosh when i walked. I'm switching back to using this every other wash.

Edit 2: no longer a fave of mine. I's simply not moisturizing enough and contains far too much cone percentage (which is common with JF products). If I washed every day or had fine hair I'd still love it. It's a good conditioner but times have changed, better formulas exist, more general knowledge about haircare is available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

This is an excellent conditioner that I use with the Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo and Go Blonder Lighting Spray. I can tell a difference in my salon highlights after only 2 to 3 uses! This should make my highlights last longer between salon visits. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by hilla1ee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product in conjunction with the lightening spray and the enhancing shampoo for darker blondes (they were out of the shampoo that went with this conditioner). I've used them 4 times and already notice a pretty drastic difference (and other people who didn't know I was trying to lighten my hair noticed too). On top of making my hair look blonder (it's reddish blond, but in the summer, the red really bugs me because if I get sweaty, it looks dull) it makes it appear shinier, which I am a fan of.

Also, I think the smell is really nice.

I will say it takes a lot of extra rinsing to get the conditioner all the way out of my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok conditioner, not great. Leaves a film on my hair (not as bad as the shampoo though).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by PawPawGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

it does nothing. I had used the lightening gel that was discontinued a few years ago and was hoping this would lighten my hair a bit. It does nothing, aside from make my hair oily. I have used about half the bottle and use it in conjunction with the shampoo, and even leave both on for a few minutes, but it's a worthless product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Like my previous review for the shampoo, I bought this because I had salon highlights that turned out a little dark golden blonde. I liked the color a lot, but I wanted a more brighter blonde.

I really like this conditioner a lot. I saw results in about 2 uses. I haven't used it the 3rd time only because I didn't want my hair to lighten too much. Thats how good this product is. My sister is using the go blonder spray, and she says she loves it. Her hair turned a nice golden honey color. She has natural golden brown hair, the kind everyone would love to have lol. Not me, my hair is ash brown like I dunno a mouse lol.

But the other thing I love about this conditioner is how great it makes my hair look. I got a compliment from my boyfriends mom, who hardly says nice things (lol), she said that my hair looked so healthy. I was like thanks. This was around the second time I used this. I have to say I agree with her because my hair feels silky and smooth and a little thicker. The only time my hair has felt like this, was when I was using Aveeno Nourish Leave-in conditioner spray. I remember the main ingredient was Behentrimonium Methosulfate, and I looked at the back of my John Frieda go blonder conditoner, and sure enough behentrimonium chloride was listed, which is a cheaper version. So I am thinking, my hair really loves those 2 ingredients.

Overall I will continue to use this only sometimes, I don't want my hair to get too light and will interchange with my regular shamp & condish. I really hope they don't discontinue these products. They are really good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This has become the only conditioner I use, and I am a shampoo/conditioner hoarder. I like to try various products and rotate them. The first time I used this I noticed a difference. It made my blonde look brighter and "sun-kissed". After a couple more uses, it lightened my blonde a moderate amount and has maintained with that level of lightening ever since. I wouldn't say that it will continually lighten over the time you use it. It reaches a plataeu, which I am ok with. The main reason I love this is so much is how it brightens my blonde. I've tried all sorts of shampoos, conditioners and treatments made for blondes, and NOTHING brightens my blonde like this. My only fear: it being discontinued. I've never seen a product like this elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by LilyGrace23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had dyed black hair for last 2 yrs and this past month I have used color remover 4 times, and bleach a few times to get my hair to a honey caramel color. I then foiled and highlighted my hair 3 times to get it to a light caramel color and then toned it with ivory lady toner recommended by sales person at Sally's to tone down the brassiness and it turned it a horrible color, so I had to bleach it again! Ugghhh in between all of the bleach I am using Joico K-pak to try to keep my hair as healthy as possible and Aphogee. so I bought the go blonder shampoo and conditiioner to see if it would lighten and blend the color of my hair and I have to say I am beyond impressed. the first time I used it I kept both poducts on my hair about 4 min. and it definitely lightened my hair it looked healthy and looked so shiny and my hair blended so beautiful it looked like I went to the salon!!!!