April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I strayed away from this and came back because i realize it was the only mineral foundation that was natural and glowing without the sheen sparkly look. I got this is warm sienna i'm an Nc42. I have used BE before and started getting allergic and itchy..that was when my quest for mineral foundation started. Jane iredale is the best!!! I have used liquid foundation such as Estee lauder double wear in shell beige, diorskin in sand 031 (a tad too light), Mac pro-long wear (looks like a mask), Bobbi brown long lasting foundation in honey (Too orange and slip off my t-zone). I recommend this mineral foundation to anyone who wants glowing skin without the mask-like look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mugirly

I began using this product in the spring. I was experiencing oily T-zone & moderate breakouts with my Prescriptives that I had been using for years. Tried BE but hated how it made my pores seem even larger. A friend whom I had always admired how her makeup looked told me about JI & convinced our local hair salon into selling it. I am soooo glad!! This is HG for me. Does not make my skin feel oily, my pores do not look large, my skin appears smoother & has quit breaking out! (except for maybe 1 or 2 during that time of the month) I use the TM first, then the AB & finish with the Pom Mist! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Steph8735

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My search has finally come to an end! After numerous bottles of empty promises (MAC, Chanel, Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique) I've finally found the perfect foundation. Here is why:

- perfect natural finish (not too dewy and not too matte)
- easily blendable and simple to apply
- did not break me out or react with my sensitive skin
- buildable (light to medium coverage)
- free of oil, talc, dyes and parabens
- UVA/UVB SPF 20
- product not tested on animals :)
- no scent
- doesn't feel heavy or look chalky like other minerals tend too

I apply this with the "Handy" Jane Iredale brush using small to medium circles. Amazing base came with a complimentary POMMISST Hydration Spray which smells great and somehow makes my skin feel like I'm wearing no makeup at all. I have light, freckly skin and I use the color bisque which counteracts with my pink undertones. So happy to have found this :)

My one and only complaint is that for the price of all the Jane Iredale products you'd think the packaging would be nicer!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by canadamomof4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sensitive, acne-prone skin here. Was told that it would help clear it up by my esthetician. This powder makes my skin SUPER greasy by the middle of the day and give me cystic acne along with reg acne. I know it is this product because I've stopped/started it many times in the past year. It looks great but feels horrible, burns and itches.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by klafitzwater

I got the pressed powder from Amazon and I was not impressed. I have prerosacea and I always use quite a bit of concealer and foundation to cover my redness. This just didn't have a very full coverage for me. I would wear it as a powder over my normal foundation and even then it didn't cover very well. It was not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ittvagyok

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super product for sensitiv skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

Hey gals! I really want to try this but not sure on color. If you call Jane Iredals at 800 762 1132, they will send you samples of both the loose and pressed powders FREE!!!!!!!!! Can't beat that!. I will update later.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Kaytaleen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing a mineral makeup infomercial I decided to give mineral makeup a try. First let me say that I HATE wearing foundation, it always makes my face feel 'dirty' so I booked an appt. at a salon that carried this line to have a consultation. I bought the pressed powder in a compact (very expensive, nearly 100.00 Can.) but once out in the daylight it looked horrible, I had a yellow face! Back I go to the salon and exchanged it for a more neutral shade and in the loose format. That worked much better for me, the colour disappeared on my face which is what foundation is supposed to do, not add colour. The big revelation for me was that once it was on I felt clean and bare faced but looked soft and healthy! The application with the loose is tricky, you need to have the proper brush and you almost have to pat it on in downward strokes but once you get the hang of it, you can layer it to get the coverage you want. It never looks dry and I have very dry, mature skin. I invested in the D2O Hydration Spray that the salon recommended to use once the makeup is applied, to 'set' it and it does, you just spray your face damp and then pat any spots that need evening out with your fingertip. This makeup line is very expensive but since you don't use much I think it will last a long time. I'm undecided about buying it again, purely because of the cost, I may try other loose mineral makeup that's available out there to compare but that said, it is a lovely looking makeup that makes your skin look wonderful and healthy and you don't feel like you're wearing makeup, that's a big plus for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by habee

I ABSOLUTELY can't live without the golden glow shade from this foundation. The ingredients are safe for the skin, where as bare essential contains bad minerals that made me break out and clogged my pores. I can build coverage with this foundation. I apply in the morning and don't have to reapply during the day. Bare essentials used to make me oily by the end of the day and included too many steps. This foundation is one step and I'm done. I always get complimented on how flawless my skin looks. Oh it has SPF20 which is a big plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Philipmom02

I gave this a try after using a small sample I received from another JI order. I have to say I really like it more than my pure pressed base in warm silk. Its more sheer which is what I was looking for over my dream tint TM.

For a bit better coverage I suggest getting their chisel brush or using one similar to apply other than the handi brush (just didnt work well for me.) For me to get the best finish out of this product you have to use other products from the JI line. (Purematte finishing powder, D20 setting spray) But if you do you'll find a flawless complexion that stays on through sweat, rain, and a couple splashes from your son at the pool!

Very little goes a long way with this product so shelling out the $$ for it wasn't a bad trade off for me. The pressed fdn lasted me over 6 months and I just started to see the pan. I suspect this loose fdn will last me well over a year since only a few shakes give me the coverage I need.

I did itch and burn with the bismuth in BE and this hasn't given me any problems at all. Be sure to either ask for a color sample or go to a salon and get matched. From what I understand they changed their colors on their amazing base so they all are not several shades darker than the pure pressed base anymore. I wear Warm Silk in both fdns and the loose actually blends a bit better, where the pressed is more chalky *but more matte as well.*

If you can find a great match in your shade this is well worth the money. They are finely ground and feel like silk on the skin. If it feels too dry for you try a TM underneath or the D20 (0r similar) hydrating setting spray to set it. 8+ hours later my face looks nearly the same as when I first applied. I carry around my Purematte powder for touchups but I rarely ever need to. (it doesnt really mattify very much on me, but just asborb some extra shine and it never looks chalky no matter how much i brush on)

*edit* if you are having problems getting coverage, this is not a swirl and buff product. You need to do top to bottom or downward sweeps on your face. I found I got a much better coverage that way*

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No