July 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by km03

I read good things about this product for my skin type. This brand was also highly recommended by my dermatologist. I have acne prone, oily skin. This product made my skin UNBELIEVABLY oily and greasy. It was seriously disgusting, the worst my face has ever looked. Accentuated lines in my face as well. Such a waste for how expensive it is. I notice that in general with mineral powders like this my face gets oily but none moreso than with this product. Its such a shame too because they have some good products in their line (namely their mineral SPF). I wish I could get my money back. I would not recommend this at all to anyone with acne or combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lele118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A SA steered me away from this product and directed me to the pressed powder. Mistake! I just could not get excited about the pressed powder which I compared it to others. I'm an NC20ish and purchased Bisque along with Absence and Circle Delete #1. The SA also steered me away from those products, another mistake. Right now I could not be happier with the product line. For the first time in my life I look and feel natural. No adverse affects from the products either. I mist with distilled water and it looks great all day.Some mineral makeup feels itchy and a bit like a mask, not this one. I use the press powder for touch ups if needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by DeniseLSmith09

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using the product for about 15 years now and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. Wouldn't want to be without it! Coverage light, airy and just enough to reduce the redness from my Rosacea. PLUS with a nice added benefit of Sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I strayed away from this and came back because i realize it was the only mineral foundation that was natural and glowing without the sheen sparkly look. I got this is warm sienna i'm an Nc42. I have used BE before and started getting allergic and itchy..that was when my quest for mineral foundation started. Jane iredale is the best!!! I have used liquid foundation such as Estee lauder double wear in shell beige, diorskin in sand 031 (a tad too light), Mac pro-long wear (looks like a mask), Bobbi brown long lasting foundation in honey (Too orange and slip off my t-zone). I recommend this mineral foundation to anyone who wants glowing skin without the mask-like look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mugirly

I began using this product in the spring. I was experiencing oily T-zone & moderate breakouts with my Prescriptives that I had been using for years. Tried BE but hated how it made my pores seem even larger. A friend whom I had always admired how her makeup looked told me about JI & convinced our local hair salon into selling it. I am soooo glad!! This is HG for me. Does not make my skin feel oily, my pores do not look large, my skin appears smoother & has quit breaking out! (except for maybe 1 or 2 during that time of the month) I use the TM first, then the AB & finish with the Pom Mist! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Steph8735

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My search has finally come to an end! After numerous bottles of empty promises (MAC, Chanel, Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique) I've finally found the perfect foundation. Here is why:

- perfect natural finish (not too dewy and not too matte)
- easily blendable and simple to apply
- did not break me out or react with my sensitive skin
- buildable (light to medium coverage)
- free of oil, talc, dyes and parabens
- UVA/UVB SPF 20
- product not tested on animals :)
- no scent
- doesn't feel heavy or look chalky like other minerals tend too

I apply this with the "Handy" Jane Iredale brush using small to medium circles. Amazing base came with a complimentary POMMISST Hydration Spray which smells great and somehow makes my skin feel like I'm wearing no makeup at all. I have light, freckly skin and I use the color bisque which counteracts with my pink undertones. So happy to have found this :)

My one and only complaint is that for the price of all the Jane Iredale products you'd think the packaging would be nicer!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by canadamomof4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sensitive, acne-prone skin here. Was told that it would help clear it up by my esthetician. This powder makes my skin SUPER greasy by the middle of the day and give me cystic acne along with reg acne. I know it is this product because I've stopped/started it many times in the past year. It looks great but feels horrible, burns and itches.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by klafitzwater

I got the pressed powder from Amazon and I was not impressed. I have prerosacea and I always use quite a bit of concealer and foundation to cover my redness. This just didn't have a very full coverage for me. I would wear it as a powder over my normal foundation and even then it didn't cover very well. It was not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ittvagyok

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super product for sensitiv skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

Hey gals! I really want to try this but not sure on color. If you call Jane Iredals at 800 762 1132, they will send you samples of both the loose and pressed powders FREE!!!!!!!!! Can't beat that!. I will update later.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No