July 31, 2014 | 1023 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Small Angled Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mnm861794

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great eyeliner brush! It's really thin and dense which makes it easy to apply gel liner. I think it works best if you start out when it's clean for a more precise application. It's easy to work with and could use it to fill in your brows as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to bush for brows, I've not ever used it for eyeliner so I cannot coment on how well it works for gel liner looks. I realiezed how much I love and use this brush as I tore up my living room trying to find it.

I use this brush in conjunction with my Milana brow kit, in medium and it gives me fantastic results. The brush is nice and stiff, has a good amoun of density, and it picks up the brow powder very well. I love the qaulity, I've yet to have the ferrel come loose, or bristles to fall out during washing or usage.

The brush comes in a clear plastic packing with an info card behind it, I like minmal packaging personally.

The brush itself is a lovely sort of matte/satin finish black, very sleek and elegent looking.

I will purchase another, just incase I ever lose my original.:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

This is another great brush from E.L.F.

I find that I can use this for many uses, including smudging eyeliner, sharpening up brow powder/liner, and for really making a defined crease application of a soft but dark eyeshadow.

Really easy to use and the price is great. This brand is my go-to for brushes, over other expensive brands. Highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by csk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this due to all the good reviews, but wow, I think this is the first time I've been so disappointed by a product with an overall rating over 4.

This brush is absolutely crappy - the ends do not taper together at the tip, it's much thicker (fatter?) than I expected. In fact, it's so wide and splayed that it's impossible to use it even on my eyebrows (I am pretty precise about my eyebrows, though). If I had more time, I'd try and upload a picture - it's amazingly bad.

For a cheaper alternative to the MAC, stila (my personal fave), etc angled liner brushes, get the Ecotools one. The only downsides are that the handle is a bit too long (hard to get into makeup bag, hitting the mirror for super myopic folks like myself before lasik), and the head of the brush is also a bit long. But you get much better quality, a finely tapered end, a thin profile, and good control.

This ELF brush is going straight in the trash. I can't think of any good use for it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The ELF professional line of brushes have a nice balanced feel to them. The ferrules are firmly attached unlike their regular line of brushes. I use this brush daily to line with shadow on the lashline (or to blend shadow over liner in order to add color/blend). I'm using well pigmented shadows from UD, BB, Lancome, MAC for this. Very satisfied. Works great + made its way into my daily brush stash over a year ago. Still going strong. Better quality than similar brushes I own from BB and Smashbox. Soft, smooth application is easy. I have had zero shedding. A must-buy at this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i use this everyday to fill in my eyebrows...you cant go wrong :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by honeybunny26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this brush the way so many other reviewers have as well! I was in need of a new eyeliner brush and wanted to try this one because of the price. However it's hard for me to get a straight line in one sweeps with my old brush. While I am drawing my line I will run out of liner! I have to get more gel liner a few times to finish my line. It creates a really thin line (not in one sweep) so it is good for tight lining if you are a patient person. I am returning this and going back for my old brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by LindarLooo

I absolutely love this brush for use with my gel and cream liners. I've yet to try MAC brushes, but I have tried angled brushes from Sonia Kashuk, Sephora, Sigma, and Stila and I am always reaching for this brush. I purchased it when the Studio line was relatively new and my complaint would be that the brush handle is far longer than necessary. However during a recent trip to Target, it looks like the handles have been shortened! This brush tip is firm enough to allow precise application, but not so firm that I can't create the flick at the end of my cat eye looks. Love it and at $3 it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

i love this brush! i use it for my upper lash line with my elf cream eyeliner. that one came with a brush too, but it was soo small and kinda flimsy so i had a hard time getting that perfect thin line. this brush is amazing and does the job beautifully. i can get that sexy thin line and a dramatic thicker line. The only thing that bothered me at first was that the brush is pretty stiff so its hard to get it in one swoop like i could with the little one, but it just takes getting used to :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this for several purposes:
*) Eyebrow
*) Tightlining - with gel liner, or swipe a pen eyeliner unto the brush before you use it
*) Eyeliner
*) Cat Eye - with eyeshadow and/or gel
*) Lower lash line - use it wet for the wow factor
*) Accentuates the outer V of the eyes

The key is to use it in SHORT, SLOW strokes for precise application. It's firm but not firm enough to use it in one long swipe. But frankly, how many of us are talented enough to do make up in one swipe? .

I've tried high end brushes similar to this one, and I've to say that Elf performs just as well at a fraction of the price.