December 20, 2014 | 820 users online

Blush - Coastal Scents - Contour & Blush Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great colors, get a good amount for the price, but WAYYYY chalky!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by VaZZquez

This palette is fantastic! it has all the colors you will need. hand down so versatile

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coastal Scents blush/contour palette is a really nice starter kit for helping to learn how to contour. It's a very big pan size for a contour/blush palette. I would definitely start out with this in contouring, but then probably would move up to MAC. The quality is fine. I really don't have anything negative to say about this palette. It might be a bit chalky but maybe I think that can be fixed through application. I mean, it's still gonna be chalky whether it's in the pan or out of the pan, but applying it correctly with a light hand will definitely fix the way it will look on your face. I would suggest this product to anyone. It's great for beginners.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Bohofairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have olive medium tanned skinned and most of the colors on this palette suit me very well. I was afraid of the brown contour shade but after 2 weeks of not touching it i decided i should try it.I usually use a bobbi brown contour powder in number 1 natural, its a good contour powder but the CS one gives more depth and definition i would use both together. The color is pigmented but suits my coloring very well and you can use it sparingly because the powder doesnt give out alot of product so you can reapply to your hearts content. I am inlove with the color on the bottom third row i literly apply it to my whole face! i promise i dont look scary this color suits my skin so much it give me such a healthy glow i dont think i can live without this color. Another thing is that the blushes when applied to the skin are so soft to touch i mean that when i touch my face in the cheek area its so powedery soft in a good baby powder way. The highlighters in this product are a bit chalky for my taste but are still ok, i like my highlighters to have some light reflecting properties in them or some kind of slight shimmer. I love the packeging and that the product diameters are huge so we get more product. All in all its a great product i would buy again and again because its a good base product to have.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by diasyang

I have been looking at this product for a while now but just never purchase it. I read reviews and watch makeup gurus use this too. I thought that it would be great to have this and make my search for a good contouring product over. I thought wrong. My sister got this for me for my birthday and I was excited to try it out. the first time I used it turned out good, no problem. But as I go on using it... the contour color (the brown shade) started to look orange whenever I apply it on. However, these colors are easy to blend with. I like all the colors, especially the white and yellow shade, but I don't like the brown shade. Another thing about this palette is the packaging quality and the product itself. I think the packaging is not well design enough to hold the product in place because the product's diameter is so big that if you take this product traveling the product itself break and crumble up into sand. Coastal Scents should improve their packaging quality and maybe make the diameter of the product smaller or stronger so it will not break or crumble!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

This is a good product for the price. I thought I was going to get away with only spending a very small amount on these items, so I wouldn't mind that the quality was not amazing. But I was wrong! Despite the price being so reasonable, I feel that for this particular product it is almost too much. The consistency of all the powders/blushes were way too chalky and powdery for my taste and the contouring shade is just ridiculously dark for me (even if I applied with a VERY light hand, it just looked dirty).
I'll stick to my MAC Harmony for contouring and the hundreds of other blushes I have! ha ha

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok wow they shadows in here are huge. I like the contour shade, but i have never used shadows this chalky. They are extremely chalky.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't too impressed with my other Coastal Scents purchases, but this one I love. The contouring shade is perfect (even for my pale skin) and I love the highlighting colors. The really light peachy one adds a nice glow to my chin and forehead, the white is great for cheekbones and nose, and I like to use the yellowy one under my eyes. The blush colors are nice, and I use them sometimes, but I opt for my NARS blush 8 out of 10 times. Would repurchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The highlight shade is nice (white) and the contour shade is nice as well. I don't care for the blush shades. I have fair skin and I have to apply with a light hand (especially the dark contour shade) or it will apply to dark. I have to really buff it hard to make it blend into my cheeks. Perhaps this palette is not for fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be a Coastal Scents palette addict. I was always on top of my game when buying their new palettes. When their shipping prices started to get ridiculous I stopped ordering.

This palette is the only palette that I'm currently using from CS for the past 5 months or so. I've moved on to MAC eyeshadows and no longer use CS shadow palettes. For some reason I cannot part with this particular palette, but the others I have. I love the highlight (not the white one, the middle one on the top) and blushes. The contour color is ok, but I use my HG Stila bronzer for contouring. The white I sometimes use to highlight under my eyebrows.

I haven't hit pan yet since using this daily (half a year now) and I doubt I will since the sizes of each color is huge. This would be the only thing I would repurchase as far as palette form, but from another company/site - CS S&H has seriously gone from bad to worse. Ugh.