October 23, 2014 | 2199 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Generally clay masks are good for dealing with the oily zones on my combination skin. I've had perfect results with the Montagne Jeunesse one. This one however left my skin irritated and red. Still have half a jar left, but it's going in the bin, never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Topon66

I have combination skin with larger pores on my cheeks and nose and will generally break out with smaller pimples in my t zone occasionally larger under the skin ones. I previously used the tea tree mask and have had good results so when I went in to replenish the woman working there said that was usually for oily skin that needed more help and the seaweed mask would be better for my skin type. The only other clay mask I have used before was made by Sabon and 3x the price which I had positive results with. So I bought the seaweed mask thinking they would be similar. I was far off. The mask while it dries fairly quickly leaves my skin burning and red the clay almost scratching my skin but not in a way that it would be exfoliating it leaving my face feeling harsh then dry almost equivalent to a winter burn. I also bought the seaweed moisturizer which I would use afterward and it just stung. The lotion was okay but really equivalent to mixing sunscreen with a face lotion. You could potentially use the mask for bigger spots but I personally think unless your in a humid/warmer climate with extremely oily skin do not use this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Annangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its a okay mask,it makes youre Skin feel fresh but Not more.i have blemishes and pimples and the only this was it makes was that my Face hurst and it was red it was so hurtfull.so do Not buy this !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by apricotcloud

Wow. Super impressed with this product. I usually buy the Mudd face masks which retail at £1 so this was quite expensive at £12 but you only use a tiny amount so the pot will literally last forever.

It smells really nice and fresh, oceanny like the face wash and other products in the line and on contact with bare skin, it is just heavenly :] just so fresh and clean, natural feeling.

It dries quite quickly from a pale green mask to a white clay like texture and is quite easy to remove and doesn't make a mess when removing (take note Montagne Jeneusse with your chocolate face masks that make the bathroom look like a pig has had a mudbath in the sink!!)

I use this along with the seaweed face wash and my skin is just so much healthier/in balance. I have combination/sensitive skin which is easily irritated but the seaweed line is so effective at cleansing without being too harsh. Seriously in love with this line, hope they never d/c it!! :]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this mask. I have oily skin that has gotten drier as I've gotten older but is still full of pimples and scars. After putting on this mask, my skin feels and looks great. I feel like I can feel the mask drawing stuff out of my pores. Sometimes the next day I have some small whiteheads but I think it is because this mask brings stuff to the surface. This mask can be very frustrating to get off so I frequently use it before a shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Itapinkpony

I agree with other comments, stay way from this if you have sensitive skin!
I got this (on sale so it wasn't really expensive) to get rid of some pimples I had on my forehead, the first time I used it I put it in my whole face and it was HELL, it burned my cheeks and left my skin feeling red and tight, the next day I had pimples all over my face but some of the ones in my forehead were gone (it can be good as a spot treatment)
Since the lady told me it could get worse before it got better I kept using it and a week after I can say it all was totally worth it, my skin feels clear and soft. I will purchase again to use as a spot treatment and on my monthly detox facials

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic at unclogging pores and removing dirt and oil that ordinary cleansers don't remove. I do feel a slight tingle as it dries so this mask might not be suitable to those with sensitive skin. Lastly, I took off one lippie for the horrific smell. It works, so I'll put up with the smell until I find something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask once a week as part of my skin care routine.

I wouldn't describe my skin as "Combination", but I am prone to having a slightly oily T-zone. However the mask is very effective in eliminating oil and purifying my skin. As I don't have combination skin (it is more dry to sensitive) I feel it is very firm and dry after using the mask. However once I tone with the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner - my skin feels amazingly smooth!

I apply the mask using a small plastic spatula and smooth it to my face using my fingers. The clay is too thick to my squeezed out of a tube like some other clay masks on the market (hence the plastic jar).

Please note, as my skin is somewhat sensitive, I wouldn't necessarily recommend without spot trying it first. Some days my skin is more sensitive than the other, and I experience some slight tingling or discomfort and have to remove it from that area.

I would also recommend removing the mask with The Body Shop's Luxury Face Chamois - it is absolute heaven! So incredibly soft!

The Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask retails for $28.95 AU.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a very good product to suck out those pesky clogs on the pores around my nose, forehead and chin. I can't use it on my cheeks because it's too irritating to them. Actually using it too often is also irritating so I limit my use to once a week, or when I'm feeling too dull and clogged. Leaves skin soft and not too drying (if, again, used sparingly and not too often).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mattifycosmetics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best detox masks Iíve ever used! Constantly trying to track down great products for oily skin, all 4 of us who work at Mattify Cosmetics tried this mask over the weekend. Three of us, myself included, have very oily & acne prone skin which is tolerable of harsh products Ė so we did not experience any burning when this mask was applied, as many of the other reviewers mentioned. One girl has sensitive oily skin - she did complain about the mask stinging a bit, and had some redness and dryness after washing it off. So, would have to agree this is best for those who donít have sensitive skin. As for the rest of usÖit worked wonders!

After taking a hot shower to open pores, I applied the mask over my entire face and it dried within 10 minutes. The product claims to draw out impurities, and it does. I could actually see the product attaching to and absorbing oil from the pores. As the mask dried, it caused a bit of tingling on my skin, but it wasnít painful. It was more like a deep cleansing sensation. When the mask was fully dry, I patted water onto my face to soften the product, and then scrubbed it away with my finger tips, using circular motions. I then used a Tea Tree Cleansing Gel on an exfoliating body glove to make sure all the gunk that was sucked out of my pores was thoroughly scrubbed away. You could actually see the open pores that were cleaned out from the mask! After drying my face, I applied Proactiv toner to PH balance my skin and disinfect the open pores. I also used a Salicylic Acid product on acne blemishes. My face felt super clean and looked refreshed. The other 3 girls who also have oily, acne prone skin had the same results Ė we were all very impressed with this product.

The day after using the mask, some of my breakouts looked a little more irritated, but those cleared by the next day. (This is typical after using a deep cleansing mask, as it draws impurities to the surface). So, I would suggest using it in the evening before bed, and two days before any important events so your skin has time to clear completely. The cost is reasonable too, because a small amount of the product goes a long way. I suspect this jar will last for about 15-20 applications. Not bad when Iíve paid over $80 for facials that havenít done nearly as much good for my skin! This mask is great!