The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/13/2013 9:25:00 AM

I love this product! I must admit that this product is quiet harsh so I would only use it once a week and no more. I have oily/combination skin and I feel like every time I use this it really absorbs all the unnecessary oils and dirt out of my face and leaves my face feeling incredibly clean. When the mask dries you can literally see wet dots all over your nose, which I'm assuming is all the oils stuck in your pores. Its so gross but very satisfying because I feel like I can literally see the effect straight away while using it. On top of that I love the scent. Its so fresh.

on 6/13/2013 12:57:00 AM

Didn't love this mask. I found that it REALLY stung my face as it dried and that's not something I usually experience with most masks. It also didn't do very much for my skin. I noticed that after a few months the product had dried up too much to really be useable which was pretty much just as well since I didn't have any huge desire to continue using it.

on 6/2/2013 12:23:00 PM

This is my first time trying the product. The effect was really obvious after trying it at the shop. The patch which the SA applied on became much brighter and fairer. So I bought and home and tested it on my face. It definitely looks much brighter and fairer on my whole face and it feels much more cleansed. It can be a little stingy and messy, but definitely worth it. In comparison to those facial masks which doesn't require washing (aka those paper masks soaked in serums), this has a much better effect ! (: I also realised that after putting on the mask, it helped to further remove some of the impurites which my facial wash and toner didn't manage to clean off.

Smell wise, I thought it's pretty good! And since I am an animal lover and The Body Shop doesn't do animal testing or harm animals in anyway, I am definitely up for it ! Also, it's non-comedogenic. So far so good ! It does make my skin feel tighter after that, and can be slightly drying. But I use the vitamin E face mist to hydrate my skin after that. A good buy I must say ! Price is reaonable, something I am willing to pay for, however, the packaging does look cheapo. I believe it's something that they could improve on. And include a spatula for us to apply it on our faces instead of us having to use our hands to dig into the mask.

Overall. it's a pretty worthy product for a first time try. Can be a little stinging though. Will observe longer to see if it suits my skin in a long run. (:

on 5/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I use this product about twice a month (generally when my face is really breaking out / oily). It's definitely something you turn to when you want to dry out your skin. It does sting a bit, but I find that to be a good thing when you're using a mask to rebalance your skin. I use the Seaweed Mattifying Lotion right after the mask to rehydrate the skin as well.

This mask does make me wake up with a few small whiteheads, as another user previously said, because it's drawing all the ickiness to the outer layer of your skin.

All in all, I'd suggest using it less frequently - just when your face really needs a reboot.

on 5/22/2013 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Until a few months ago, this was my go to mask for my combination/oily skin. I'd used it for 2-3 years (once every 2-3 weeks) previously with great results. I loved the texture and smell, and it was even worth being a little messy, since I'd just use it before a shower. My skin was soft, glowing, and perfectly clean after I rinsed it away. I don't know if they changed the formula, but now every time I use it, I break out. I swore it was a fluke and figured that maybe the particular jar I was on had expired or was a little off. I bought a new one and the same thing has happened. I used it last night and today my face feels ready to blossom with acne. I have no idea what happened, but I had such great results before that I'm a bit heartbroken

on 4/27/2013 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best clarifying mask I ever used, if you have oily/combination skin that may has acne or pimples this is the best mask for you, it really absorbs oil, clarifies the complexion, calms pimples, decrease redness and black heads, your skin will feel so soft after using this one and the effect will last for days, I recommend this for any one that needs some real cleansing and clarification with out drying, my skin is sensitive and used to get red from similar products but this is suitable even for sensitive skin and doesn't cause any redness on the contrary it calms down.
I used many masks and clays even natural green clays but this is the best mask I ever used it really makes a difference. will definitely buy again.
This is my first review on makeup alley :) I hope it is useful.

on 4/10/2013 12:59:00 PM

I don't think this mask does anything, I can't see a difference in my skin after using it, its hard to apply and you need a generous amount of it, it drys really hard and it's hard to remove so you need a cleanser afterwards, it dident leave my skin bright or more clearer looking and it dident help with any pimples, wouldent buy again as ive had the same result with a 2.50 mask

Generally clay masks are good for dealing with the oily zones on my combination skin. I've had perfect results with the Montagne Jeunesse one. This one however left my skin irritated and red. Still have half a jar left, but it's going in the bin, never again.

on 2/15/2013 10:32:00 PM

I have combination skin with larger pores on my cheeks and nose and will generally break out with smaller pimples in my t zone occasionally larger under the skin ones. I previously used the tea tree mask and have had good results so when I went in to replenish the woman working there said that was usually for oily skin that needed more help and the seaweed mask would be better for my skin type. The only other clay mask I have used before was made by Sabon and 3x the price which I had positive results with. So I bought the seaweed mask thinking they would be similar. I was far off. The mask while it dries fairly quickly leaves my skin burning and red the clay almost scratching my skin but not in a way that it would be exfoliating it leaving my face feeling harsh then dry almost equivalent to a winter burn. I also bought the seaweed moisturizer which I would use afterward and it just stung. The lotion was okay but really equivalent to mixing sunscreen with a face lotion. You could potentially use the mask for bigger spots but I personally think unless your in a humid/warmer climate with extremely oily skin do not use this product.

on 1/21/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Its a okay mask,it makes youre Skin feel fresh but Not more.i have blemishes and pimples and the only this was it makes was that my Face hurst and it was red it was so hurtfull.so do Not buy this !!!

Popular Masks