April 19, 2014 | 1097 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic at unclogging pores and removing dirt and oil that ordinary cleansers don't remove. I do feel a slight tingle as it dries so this mask might not be suitable to those with sensitive skin. Lastly, I took off one lippie for the horrific smell. It works, so I'll put up with the smell until I find something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask once a week as part of my skin care routine.

I wouldn't describe my skin as "Combination", but I am prone to having a slightly oily T-zone. However the mask is very effective in eliminating oil and purifying my skin. As I don't have combination skin (it is more dry to sensitive) I feel it is very firm and dry after using the mask. However once I tone with the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner - my skin feels amazingly smooth!

I apply the mask using a small plastic spatula and smooth it to my face using my fingers. The clay is too thick to my squeezed out of a tube like some other clay masks on the market (hence the plastic jar).

Please note, as my skin is somewhat sensitive, I wouldn't necessarily recommend without spot trying it first. Some days my skin is more sensitive than the other, and I experience some slight tingling or discomfort and have to remove it from that area.

I would also recommend removing the mask with The Body Shop's Luxury Face Chamois - it is absolute heaven! So incredibly soft!

The Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask retails for $28.95 AU.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a very good product to suck out those pesky clogs on the pores around my nose, forehead and chin. I can't use it on my cheeks because it's too irritating to them. Actually using it too often is also irritating so I limit my use to once a week, or when I'm feeling too dull and clogged. Leaves skin soft and not too drying (if, again, used sparingly and not too often).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mattifycosmetics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best detox masks Iíve ever used! Constantly trying to track down great products for oily skin, all 4 of us who work at Mattify Cosmetics tried this mask over the weekend. Three of us, myself included, have very oily & acne prone skin which is tolerable of harsh products Ė so we did not experience any burning when this mask was applied, as many of the other reviewers mentioned. One girl has sensitive oily skin - she did complain about the mask stinging a bit, and had some redness and dryness after washing it off. So, would have to agree this is best for those who donít have sensitive skin. As for the rest of usÖit worked wonders!

After taking a hot shower to open pores, I applied the mask over my entire face and it dried within 10 minutes. The product claims to draw out impurities, and it does. I could actually see the product attaching to and absorbing oil from the pores. As the mask dried, it caused a bit of tingling on my skin, but it wasnít painful. It was more like a deep cleansing sensation. When the mask was fully dry, I patted water onto my face to soften the product, and then scrubbed it away with my finger tips, using circular motions. I then used a Tea Tree Cleansing Gel on an exfoliating body glove to make sure all the gunk that was sucked out of my pores was thoroughly scrubbed away. You could actually see the open pores that were cleaned out from the mask! After drying my face, I applied Proactiv toner to PH balance my skin and disinfect the open pores. I also used a Salicylic Acid product on acne blemishes. My face felt super clean and looked refreshed. The other 3 girls who also have oily, acne prone skin had the same results Ė we were all very impressed with this product.

The day after using the mask, some of my breakouts looked a little more irritated, but those cleared by the next day. (This is typical after using a deep cleansing mask, as it draws impurities to the surface). So, I would suggest using it in the evening before bed, and two days before any important events so your skin has time to clear completely. The cost is reasonable too, because a small amount of the product goes a long way. I suspect this jar will last for about 15-20 applications. Not bad when Iíve paid over $80 for facials that havenít done nearly as much good for my skin! This mask is great!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

This mask does work on oily skin, it really drains those pores out, but I think it's not that good on sensitive or dehydrated skin. I can't manage to have it on more than five minutes before it starts itching like crazy. It really burns after I take the mask off, especially when I take on my moisturizer. I normally don't react on ANYTHING... Too scared to use it any more!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by naomi2289

The product works well, as it dries you can see that every pore is removing oil as you can see darkened spots on the mask from the oil. I like this product and use it regularly, the only down side is that it can leave my skin a little red/sensitive after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Missassumption9957

I really liked this mask. Mainly because of what it does for my skin. It leaves it soft and glowy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mask! I know that it's a little pricy, but I've tried more expensive masks, that do not do the same! I am so glad that I bought this mask again. Lately, I noticed that I started getting pinples, which I've NEVER had a problem with. I washed my face more, started taking better care of it.....no improvment.

I went to the Body Shop, and I remembered how awesome this mask was! I have one really good exfoliator, but the deep cleanser was not satisfactory. I bought it and that night, I put the mask on, and hallelujah!!!!

The mask is pretty amazing! It took 30 seconds to realize that it was doing exactly what I needed it to do! Suck the impurites out of my skin! Yes, it does sting a little, and I read a lot of reviews about how some people with sensitive skin have had bad results with this. So be careful if you're sensitive. But if you needs some really good deep cleaning, try this one! It's pretty awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it after trying both this mask as well as the honey & oak scrub mask on my hand at a Body Shop store. This one has a deeper cleansing power and the skin feels softer afterward.

I have no problem with the smell. In fact, I think it is quite fresh and pleasant. It gives a deep clean to my face after rinsing off. My skin feels extremely soft too. However, this leaves my skin drier, especially on the cheek area.

Another problem is that it dried quickly inside the box. I am not a fan of the packaging of all Body Shop masks because it is very easy to get contaminated. The remaining content dried out after a few months. I did nto bother to make use of the remaining content so there was a waste of about 1/3 of the entire box.

For me, the honey & oak scrub mask works better overall. This one works better initially but could not last until the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by salex007

I got this as a freebie sample with my regular Seaweed line purchase. I'm a big fan of the Seaweed facial wash and day lotion, so the salesperson gave me two very generous sized samples of the mask.

I love the smell of it and it definitely is cool/gross seeing the oil come up from my rather large pores. I have dry/combo skin but have been having breakouts around my chin for the past couple of months. Within a day of using this mask my blemishes were noticeably smaller and less irritated looking.

Although I really like this mask, I'm not sure I can justify the price tag when I've used similar clay-based masks from the drugstore for a fraction of a price. Definitely a splurge item if you have the extra cash and want to keep your routine within the same Body Shop line.