OPI Over The Taupe

4.7

on 7/15/2011 5:55:00 PM

hmmm, i had to apply 3 coats in order to look good and not streaky... took a while to dry... didnt really like the formula and the color didnt really looked good on my skin... i hate polishes that need 3 coats, it looks too thick and takes longer to dry and chips faster... i am a 2 coats type girl

on 6/19/2011 5:15:00 PM

Yumm whoever said "chocolate mousse" was spot on. This is rather similar to OPI's YDKJ but I found that to be a touch too dark on me. A perfect neutral taupe that's more "pretty, edgy" than "pretty edgy."

Formula is fantastic too!

on 6/6/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great classic sophisticated shade that should feature in all nail polish wardrobes. Wonderful nudey chocolate. After all the brights I have been wearing lately this made me feel very sophisticated, like I should be wearing Armani. Not suprised it is a MUA top pick.

Usual great OPI quality. Expensive polishes (I paid just under 10) but you do get 15 ml (to put that in perspective Mavala minis are 5ml and you would pay about 4 for those so ml for ml the OPI ones are cost effective.) Great shine. Mine lasted only two days before chipping (with Sally Hansen hi-shine top coat) but whatever the polish that seems to be my limit. (I am quite clumsy, and use a keyboard, so I am not surprised they don't last.

on 5/18/2011 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Over The Taupe is definitely an easy shade to wear and is considered a necessity on a nail collection.

It's a creamy taupe, and doesn't exaggerate cool or warm tones b/c it's a true neutral. I love it for the fall, when I'm a little bit lighter in skin color to wear this.
It's a beautiful color for someone who likes nudes, but wants something different.

on 5/14/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Perfect neutral shade that is a staple in my collection! It's a gorgeous taupe cream and a great alternative if you want a mid toned natural shade. It applied beautifully and wore well. This is definitely one that I could see flattering most skintones because it doesn't pull cool or warm toned .. perfect neutral!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a unique shade that is pretty and wearable. Not quite a nude, but somewhat close. A staple for me.

on 5/8/2011 9:26:00 PM

Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Georgeous.

(cannot go wrong with this one)

on 4/11/2011 4:26:00 PM

Love love love this!!! The color is definitely sophisticated and chic - not too brown, not too grey, & not too purple. 1 coat looks like diluted chocolate milk, while 2 coats look like rich chocolate milk w/ a tinge of grey mixed in. It wears for days on my dishwashing, perpetually-typing fingers w/o chipping (but this could also be b/c of my CND super shiney top coat). The formula is relatively thin and applies very easily, especially w/ the pro-wide brush. The only negative about this is that it's sooo hard to find; I finally had to purchase it online. Otherwise, Over the Taupe is a unique, stylish, & undoubtedly sexy color.

on 4/7/2011 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love the colour and has dried with a beautiful finish :)

My favorite color by my favorite nail company. Everyone complements me on the color and sleekness of this color!

Top Rated OPI Products