November 26, 2014 | 1828 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Heelsblog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product, when using it it's really hydrating and also adds a little colour to your lips with a nice pink. For the price you pay it is pretty expensive so I wouldn't be buying it again. Apart from the nice scent and colour it isn't any different to your everyday drug store lip balm.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelsssss.blogspot.com

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lips are not very dry, but I cannot leave the house without lip balm for an entire day. I debated for months on whether or not this pricey product would be worth trying, and I finally caved because there is a huge cult that worships it. Unfortunately, it did not live up to the hype... at all.

[ PROS ]
- Somewhat moisturizing when on the lips
- Product is not overly sticky and lasts just as long as drugstore lip balms like Burt's Bees
- Nice solid packaging
- Has a mild sweet scent that isn't overbearing
- Does not irritate my sensitive skin/lips

[ CONS ]
- Lips felt even drier than usual after the product wore off
- Massive color change upon application (read more below)
- Very overpriced for what it actually is

In regards to the color change, I understand that a unique color is created depending on the individual who uses it. It did not work well for me, because it made it seem as though I'd applied a bright coral/pink lipstick and I much prefer the more subtle/nude pink look. My lips are right in the middle between very pale and very pigmented, so perhaps this sort of color change would be very appealing to some, but it just wasn't for me.

Overall, I was expecting a very good lip balm with a sheer hint of color, and this product just didn't deliver. I am considering returning it and would not recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had high expectations for this product in terms of changing the colour of my lips to a natural flush like I had just been kissed and in terms of hydration as it is a balm, but I am very underwhelmed with the results in both aspects. I don't think this caused any change in my lip colour at all. My lips aren't even that pigmented - I am Asian with NC25 colouring. My lips are also not dry, they are normal but this balm provided zero relief or comfort. I don't think I will be repurchasing this balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by j9ferrari

I just bought my fourth tube of this yesterday and I swear by this product. I use it every day, either with a lip pencil (Beloved by Cover Girl) or without, and I love the subtle but youthful and sexy pink hue it gives my lips. I apply it a few times throughout the day to revive the pinkness, which I LOVE. I swear by Christian Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Hawkesbe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It feels and looks luxurious, glides on super smooth. For me, I had to reapply constantly during the day. No real benefit...I would not re purchase because of the price

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lippie so much! It really blends with the natural color of my lips and really enhances it while giving a smooth feel to it! It's fun to use and it's versatile meaning, you can use it alone or use it as a base then top it with your favourite lip gloss. I'd get one again soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by RT666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll preface this by saying I'm a Dior lip "addict" but this one is the meh of the range in my opinion. It's quite a dry balm so perfect if you don't like a sticky or overly shiny look, but its not really a balm per se. There's not a lot going on as far as moisturising qualities. The colour & packaging are beautiful but unfortunately this doesn't compensate for the product under-performing in moisture, and longevity.
For the money, I stumbled on a product called Dear My Jelly Lips (seriously) that is about 1/8 the price and performs better in all the areas Lip Glow has deficits in. I've shifted over to that one as it gives a glossy and well moisturised glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by FatalGrace

I have a long and serious relationship with lip balms. but this is seriously the best one I have acquired. But before sharing my experience let me summarize the product for you: 1- it's very moisturizing 2-beautiful packaging, adorable color. 3-smells like vanilla ? 4-goes smooth on lips, not sticky, feels like butter. 5-heals pigmentation 6-expensive but worth it. let's start first by introducing my lips to you .. mine are slightly chapped due to medicines I take, I have pigmentation on my lips which was never attractive, the sides of my lips were brown and I never had pink lips .. it was always a brown dusty color (I don't drink or smoke) after using this for 5 days straight my lips turned pink .. the most beautiful natural pink .. it completely removed the brown pigmentation and evened out the color it gave my lips a rose pink color I apply a different lip balm at night and I noticed that I still have that pink color .. It wasn't wearing off .. it didn't fade .. I love it, differently my HG ! I never use any other lipstick, lip liner or lip gloss because of this ..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this product, but it's not a HG for me.

I think calling it a balm is a bit of a stretch. I find it to be very drying. It has a balm like formula, but it's not a moisturizing lip balm. I have to wear a real balm underneath it.

I don't have very pigmented lips, and a swipe or two of this gives me a nice pink color. The color lasts for a long time too.
I do find that when I re-apply, the color gets much more intense, almost too bright of a pink/fuschia for an everyday wear kind of look.

Like others have said, the price is high. Love the packaging, but I would be fine with cheaper packaging if it dropped the price.

I don't regret buying this, but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Dior Lip Glow. I've actually pinned this thing on Pinterest 3x before my BFF got it for me on my last birthday! I was ecstatic! I'm a huge weirdo when it comes to the consistency of products I use on my lips, and Dior's Lip Glow is perfect for me. Buttery, smooth, and soft. It gives my lips a nice natural pink tone but nothing too over the top. I keep it in my purse and use it as my go-to chapstick as it moisturizes but also gives my lips a nice natural tint. As a brand new mommy, I have no time to put on makeup these days and I count on this product to give my face a little color in the morning!

Pricey so I think you're paying more for the brand name, but its worth the dime and will last you a good while. Cute packaging as well! Can't wait to try the coral one!