July 29, 2014 | 1247 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Smokin' Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

another great benefit product! love how it comes with an instruction guide showing you how to apply. i just dont get the eye bright...it is so so dry. but the colors are wonderful...i love the light pink accent shadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I worked at Sephora I used this to do smokey eyes on very fair-skinned girls, on the smoky-eye first timers, and/or those who did not want it too dark (black). IMO, this is an absolutely perfect gray. It does not turn light blue like so many grays do.

I never used the brow stuff because the color is too odd, so I'm not sure I'd buy this. It's something like $32 at Sephora and that is definitely too expensive. However, if you are looking for a perfect peweter gray ...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Flo222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really good product-especailly if your not all that experienced with applying make-up. Not sure of the exact cost as it was a present, but for what you get I think its probably ok value for money. the little step by step guide is really helpful, and i love the eyebrow colour too! good for evening wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by icklepixie

Smokin eyes is a lovely little eye and brow makeover kit which includes three shadows to create a gorgeous smoky eye which would suit any eye colour. It has Eye Bright in a cream form which, used in the corner of the eye, is great for making the eye appear wide open and awake. It can also be used as a highlighter for the brow bone. It also includes a brow wax in brown but i have blonde hair and it suits me fine. There's a double ended brush (fluff brush on one side and hard angle brush on the other side) which is a good quality brush but small - i like the hard angle side for using the brow wax. You also get a mini pair of tweezers which are great for the odd straggler! The price is a little steep at 28.50, but will last a long time. All in all a very nice product - great to give as a gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by honeybear3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favourite youtube gurus did a tutorial using this palette and made it look so easy and gorgeous that I hav ebeen dying to purchase it ever since. SO GLAD I DID! The eyeshadow colours are so pretty and blend perfectly together. The brushes are great. I dont really care for the eyebright and I havnt tried the brow wax because its too dark for me. I just used the dark contour colour with the angled brush to line my lids and it made for the perfect daytime look. Im not a big shadow but this was seriously so easy. I gave this 4/5 because I think its really expensive considering i dont like eybright and the eye wax is too dark for me. Here is a link to the youtube tutorial -->

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed. The highlighter powder for me doesn't work (I'm NC20), the base and crease colour just sort of blend into eachother and are too shimmery for me when combined. The brow wax is the complete wrong colour, the eye brightener doesn't work, the tweezies are too stuff to work with. The shadow brush included is cute but how can you use just the one brush on all three shadows?! I like the smokin' liner, the packagaing is cool, but they are the only pros.
Sorry BeneFit. Looks like I'll be transferring to Too Faced for my eye kits...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MichelleLS

I had this in my makeup box for a while but hadn't really used it properly. I was getting bored of my usual everyday brown/neutral look so thought i'd give this a try.
I thought it was very simple to use, easy to build up- I just used the highlighter colour all over with the grey as a light wash over my eyelids and it looked really pretty, yet I was able to build it up for a smokier evening look.
I like the mini tweezers, they work well, and I like the little black eyeliner. I may use the eyebrow cream colour if I can be bothered, but I haven't tried the eyebright yet. I will though as I hate having palettes that I only use part of!
I think the little eyeliner will run out quickly though, as I like to sharpen regularly. I wonder if I can buy a replacement?!
The case is cute, typical benefit. I like that the magnet keeps it shut tight so nothing gets grubby!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Entropicrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product does seem to be a good value, however the shadows in this box disappoint me. The tweezers are quite wonderful, and high quality. The eye bright doesn't seem to do anything though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Good value and great quality. I love the eyeshadow texture included in this kit especially the black shadow! It's velvet smooth and matt and amazing pigmentation!
I love that it comes with eye bright (weird because its in a pan not pencil but oh well) and a bit of brow wax.
Love that they included a little black liner, a tweezer (its not very good but hey in emergency situations, im sure it will come in handy) and a double ended brush which is actually a decent one! the angel brush is awesome.
It's really not something I needed as I have all the items included in the kit individually but it sure is convenient.
I left this kit at my bf's and when i sleep over and i dont have my makeup bag with me, it comes in REALLY handy. Great product, super convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by katieelixa

AMAZING! Everything you need in one small palette! I use it practically everyday, even if im not wanting a smokey eye effect a certain day, but just to use it to shape my brows, or brighten my eyes. And i just realized that i have had it for 11 months going on a year now and its still not ran out! So for that, i wouldn't say the price is too bad!
The only flaws i can think of for this product is that, if you don't save the plastic sheet it originally comes in to separate the cosmetic part to the mirror, when you start to use the shadows, the black dust will get stuck in the eye brightener, so you find yourself having to wipe it clean before using it (which causes you to waste some every time you do this) And also if you want to line your eye with the hard angled brush and use it to shape your eyebrows, make sure there is no black eyeshadow left on the brush, or your brows end up to be two different shades ! eek.

But overall, i would recommend to everyone! Amazing buy, would definitely purchase again (when it eventually runs out!)