Wella Color Charm White Lady Toner

on 10/21/2013 3:05:00 AM

Well let me start off by saying that I have natural dark brown hair. A couple months ago I decided I wanted to try to go platinum blonde. K so now I bought the bleach and developer 40 and bleached my hair one day (my hair was literally all orange and my roots were yellow) and then the day after that bleached it again because It was publicly embarrassing the one day my hair was orange.. Okay after I bleached the 2nd time it was yellowy and orange at the ends just alot less intense than it was the first time I used t18 wella toner and it turned my roots a medium grey and the ends of my hair where like a ginger color instead of orange after 2 months where I stand now the grayish tone and Ginger roots I notice were getting more brassy again so being that I want platinum blonde today I bleached my hair again since it's been about 2 months since my last bleaching I did my roots first with a 40 developer than washed out used a purple shampoo and my roots were very light yellow almost white so after washing out the bleach I bleached the rest of my hair mixed part 20 dev with part 40 dev because the length of my hair ha been bleached 2 times prior. Ok now I rinsed out the bleach used purple shampoo and then toned with wells t18 this time it left my roots a perfect color I love my roots they are platinum the way I want my hair butttttt, the toner left my ends of my hair PURPLE! So hopefully it washes out it's very noticeable and my husband is making fun of me :( haha... I never experimented like this with my hair also I would like to say that the ends of my hair are so damaged and gummy after the toner it upset me but maybe I just didn't do it right?can Anyone help me with getting thi purple toned hair out!? Thanks

on 8/13/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gave this three chances. My hair was pale yellow blonde. Not orange, literally pale yellow blonde...I should have been perfect for this toner. I wanted the yellow out and to maybe go whitish. I was almost there. I left this toner in for 8 minutes and my hair turned grey. I ended up putting a golden semi on and dealt with it for awhile. A few months later, I tried again, figuring my hair was just porous. 6 minutes, and gray again. This gray wasn't as bad, at least, it faded after a few washes. My friends said the top of my head and bangs looked white. Third try, a few months later. I thought my hair may not have been light enough (It was so light anyway!) so when I did my roots, I lightened up the rest of my head. It was definitely pale pale blonde at this point. Tried the toner for 6 minutes again...it was ugly gross gray and greenish. Obviously my hair was more porous because I had just lightened it the week before, but I hadn't lightened the lengths in years, only the roots. So it didn't get much damage from the process. It was so ugly and it wouldn't wash out. I had to use a color remover a few days later, now I'm stuck putting a neutral blonde semi on it to even the tone out and just deal with having darker than I wanted neutral blonde hair forever, unless I want to go lighter then I'd have to deal with yellow.

on 7/23/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in t10 pale blond. I used 20 developer. The directions said 1 part color to 2 parts developer and that is what I did. I left it on 30 minutes as directions recommended. I am very pleased with the color and have no gold or orange undertones. It is perfect and I plan to continue to use this. I bought the product at Sally's. The clerk told me to watch it when it was processing and rinse out when I had my desired color. I am starting to really like coloring my own hair. This has been a good product for me. My hair is soft and healthy and has no signs of any damage from coloring it.

on 6/18/2013 3:56:00 PM

I love this product in combo with T14 for eliminating yellowy discoloration. I have brunette and grey hair bleached to medium-light blonde hair with persistence of grey actually giving a nice highlighted look once toned. To use in this situation, wait about 2 weeks at least after any prior toning/coloring that may have been done and wash well twice with a clarifying shampoo. I skip conditioner at this stage. Dry on medium warm setting until nearly, not bone dry. I then mix 1 part T18, 1 part T14 Wella toners, 4 parts 10 volume developer (to keep the 1:2 ratio). You should not use higher than 10 volume developer for toning even if going for platinum. Your hair is already lightened as far as you want by the toning stage. Just gives needless damage at this point. ALSO using higher than10 volume is why a lot of people are getting poor results. ....it just doesn't deposit the tone well. I used to use 20 and 30 volume and wonder why nothing happened after all that effort! If you only have 20 or 30 volume on hand, dilute the 20 in half with a white (non-sulfate) conditioner (1:1) OR dilute the 30 volume with 2 parts white conditioner (1:2) to get 10 volume. Kind of nice to have the extra conditioner in their anyway.
Hope this helps someone avoid the crazy frustration I went through on this journey.

on 6/14/2013 3:36:00 PM

I've been a platinum blonde for a least a year now and I used this toner in the past, but I made the mistake of either putting on my hair dry or leaving it on too long. I recently used this toner again because I figured I was using it wrong but I left it on too long again, my hair turned this flat silver color / gray color with a purple tint and it was terrible. I washed my hair a day later three times with head and shoulders dandruff shampoo original formula and it turned into this gorgeous white blonde color, it's an amazing toner and be sure to use a purple shampoo at least 2-3 times a week to maintain the color.

#UPDATE
Will be adding pictures before washing, and after.

on 3/26/2013 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have used this product in the past, however I never truly realized what a great product it was until now.My story; so after about two weeks of bleaching my hair and using a honey blonde, I started to notice my hair was develop and awful yellow tone. The purple shampoo wasn't cutting it anymore and it made my hair look dirty and my roots stuck out like no ones business! (dark haired gal here) So I noticed I had t18 in a drawer and decided to use it as it honestly couldn't get any worse than yellow hair lol. I slabbed it on with the directed 20 developer (I used a 30 once DON'T DO IT! lol) and left it on for around 15 minutes. The purple tone my hair developed wasn't what scared me, but what did was the fact that the color after I washed the toner off was a disgusting muted moldy green ish blonde. I tried not to freak out washed my hair around three more times and then blow dryed. The color turned out a lovely silver ish blonde and my dark roots now don't stick out as much as they did with the disgusting yellow! I totally recommend this toner whenever your hair is starting to get a little on the yellow side! However as many have said just don't over do the 30 minute thing unless you want lilac hair (which I don't mind) and keep in mind that if it does develop that purpley twinge that if you use a bit of head and shoulders it should was right off :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the perfect toner for icy platinum blonde hair. Beware though, because you *can* overdo it and end up with grey hair for a couple of days.

on 2/10/2013 12:49:00 AM

My hair is bleached, but the ends were previously dyed brown a couple years ago, so they are a light blonde, while my hair to my jaw is platinum. The difference isn't that noticeable, but I still like to tone the orangey yellow to blend the difference. I actually like this toner better than the one my stylist uses. Hmmm. Anyway, I only let it sit for about 5 minutes, maybe 10, before I rinse. I process it in front of a mirror so that the results don't go to grey/purple. Leaves a slight purple sheen in bright sunlight, that washes out in one wash.
I believe that it needs to be stated that this will not lighten your hair. Despite using a 20 volume developer, this will only deposit color. No lightening, just ash toning. If your hair isn't light enough, like an orange, this won't do much. Hair has to be yellow/light yellow to get desired ash blonde/platinum.

on 1/19/2013 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG! I am soooo happy!! Ok so I went to a salon....(no really!!!) and it wasn't one I normally go to and so the "manager" who I paid extra for left me with some orange brassy roots! I went back to get it fixed, another girl put highlights over it. I was done. And looked like an Oompa Loompa with steaks. I read the reviews about this product but decided I'll just go to Sally's and see what they recommend, well they recommended this! The girl looked at my hair and was like use a 10 volume developer and only leave it on for 10 minutes. I figured I trusted her because she told me that if you leave it on for too long it will turn purple grey, which is what her customers have complained.

So I followed her directions, I mixed it and brushed it on my roots, waited 10 minutes. I was starting to get scared cause my roots were PURPLE but I washed it and yay no more brashness or yellow ness!!!!! It completely matches the rest of my hair I am sooo grateful! The only thing that sucks is I applied it only to the crown of my head, but I'll go back and do the bottom, as you can still see orange if I put it in a pony tail. But this stuff is sooo great! I would do my method if your a medium blonde, I'm sure you can leave this on longer if you want platinum hair.

Just for reference, they did change the name from white lady to lightest ash blonde and it's still T18.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wonderful product! Really impressed with it.

I have naturally medium brown hair that I wanted to turn blonde. I bleached it until it was thing weird orange-y yellow colour, then I waited almost two weeks, only washing my hair with shampoo twice before applying the White Lady toner.

The salesperson said to leave it on for a full 30 minutes, but after reading comments on here I got scared and washed it off after 20 minutes. The mixture on my head before washing was a gross grey-purple colour.

After a deep conditioning treatment for 5 minutes, I washed it all out and it came out BEAUTIFULLY. A nice warm light honey blonde. No brassiness or orange left, and definitely no purple or grey colour either!

Top Rated Wella Products