December 17, 2014 | 1683 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Geeverny

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product in combo with T14 for eliminating yellowy discoloration. I have brunette and grey hair bleached to medium-light blonde hair with persistence of grey actually giving a nice highlighted look once toned. To use in this situation, wait about 2 weeks at least after any prior toning/coloring that may have been done and wash well twice with a clarifying shampoo. I skip conditioner at this stage. Dry on medium warm setting until nearly, not bone dry. I then mix 1 part T18, 1 part T14 Wella toners, 4 parts 10 volume developer (to keep the 1:2 ratio). You should not use higher than 10 volume developer for toning even if going for platinum. Your hair is already lightened as far as you want by the toning stage. Just gives needless damage at this point. ALSO using higher than10 volume is why a lot of people are getting poor results. ....it just doesn't deposit the tone well. I used to use 20 and 30 volume and wonder why nothing happened after all that effort! If you only have 20 or 30 volume on hand, dilute the 20 in half with a white (non-sulfate) conditioner (1:1) OR dilute the 30 volume with 2 parts white conditioner (1:2) to get 10 volume. Kind of nice to have the extra conditioner in their anyway.
Hope this helps someone avoid the crazy frustration I went through on this journey.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Thanity

I've been a platinum blonde for a least a year now and I used this toner in the past, but I made the mistake of either putting on my hair dry or leaving it on too long. I recently used this toner again because I figured I was using it wrong but I left it on too long again, my hair turned this flat silver color / gray color with a purple tint and it was terrible. I washed my hair a day later three times with head and shoulders dandruff shampoo original formula and it turned into this gorgeous white blonde color, it's an amazing toner and be sure to use a purple shampoo at least 2-3 times a week to maintain the color.

#UPDATE
Will be adding pictures before washing, and after.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SupaMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product in the past, however I never truly realized what a great product it was until now.My story; so after about two weeks of bleaching my hair and using a honey blonde, I started to notice my hair was develop and awful yellow tone. The purple shampoo wasn't cutting it anymore and it made my hair look dirty and my roots stuck out like no ones business! (dark haired gal here) So I noticed I had t18 in a drawer and decided to use it as it honestly couldn't get any worse than yellow hair lol. I slabbed it on with the directed 20 developer (I used a 30 once DON'T DO IT! lol) and left it on for around 15 minutes. The purple tone my hair developed wasn't what scared me, but what did was the fact that the color after I washed the toner off was a disgusting muted moldy green ish blonde. I tried not to freak out washed my hair around three more times and then blow dryed. The color turned out a lovely silver ish blonde and my dark roots now don't stick out as much as they did with the disgusting yellow! I totally recommend this toner whenever your hair is starting to get a little on the yellow side! However as many have said just don't over do the 30 minute thing unless you want lilac hair (which I don't mind) and keep in mind that if it does develop that purpley twinge that if you use a bit of head and shoulders it should was right off :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by nscocchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, just have a QUESTION!

I'm wondering if i should go ahead with this product....

This is my current hair situation:

My roots were a mousy brown..... (my hair lifts pretty nicely) , and my ends were a mixture of the mousy brown and old cool blonde highlights that had turned golden from not toning often enough...

I was looking for my hair to be somewhere between a warm and cool blonde.....I went to the beauty supply outlet and the woman working told me to use a 20 vol. developer with the product Wella: light golden blonde. She said to go ahead and dye the roots first and make my way down to the ends

Now my roots are an orangey yellow and the ends are not that much lighter then they were previously just slightly more brassy.

I went back to the store and she told me to use the white lady with 20 developer and only to leave it on for 4 mins... It didn't do all that much

I'm wondering if now I should go back in with the white lady a second time... or if the developer wasn't a high enough lift in the first place?

SUGGESTIONS!
THANKS SO MUCH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect toner for icy platinum blonde hair. Beware though, because you *can* overdo it and end up with grey hair for a couple of days.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kittypoop

My hair is bleached, but the ends were previously dyed brown a couple years ago, so they are a light blonde, while my hair to my jaw is platinum. The difference isn't that noticeable, but I still like to tone the orangey yellow to blend the difference. I actually like this toner better than the one my stylist uses. Hmmm. Anyway, I only let it sit for about 5 minutes, maybe 10, before I rinse. I process it in front of a mirror so that the results don't go to grey/purple. Leaves a slight purple sheen in bright sunlight, that washes out in one wash.
I believe that it needs to be stated that this will not lighten your hair. Despite using a 20 volume developer, this will only deposit color. No lightening, just ash toning. If your hair isn't light enough, like an orange, this won't do much. Hair has to be yellow/light yellow to get desired ash blonde/platinum.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

OMG! I am soooo happy!! Ok so I went to a salon....(no really!!!) and it wasn't one I normally go to and so the "manager" who I paid extra for left me with some orange brassy roots! I went back to get it fixed, another girl put highlights over it. I was done. And looked like an Oompa Loompa with steaks. I read the reviews about this product but decided I'll just go to Sally's and see what they recommend, well they recommended this! The girl looked at my hair and was like use a 10 volume developer and only leave it on for 10 minutes. I figured I trusted her because she told me that if you leave it on for too long it will turn purple grey, which is what her customers have complained.

So I followed her directions, I mixed it and brushed it on my roots, waited 10 minutes. I was starting to get scared cause my roots were PURPLE but I washed it and yay no more brashness or yellow ness!!!!! It completely matches the rest of my hair I am sooo grateful! The only thing that sucks is I applied it only to the crown of my head, but I'll go back and do the bottom, as you can still see orange if I put it in a pony tail. But this stuff is sooo great! I would do my method if your a medium blonde, I'm sure you can leave this on longer if you want platinum hair.

Just for reference, they did change the name from white lady to lightest ash blonde and it's still T18.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahwilliams33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful product! Really impressed with it.

I have naturally medium brown hair that I wanted to turn blonde. I bleached it until it was thing weird orange-y yellow colour, then I waited almost two weeks, only washing my hair with shampoo twice before applying the White Lady toner.

The salesperson said to leave it on for a full 30 minutes, but after reading comments on here I got scared and washed it off after 20 minutes. The mixture on my head before washing was a gross grey-purple colour.

After a deep conditioning treatment for 5 minutes, I washed it all out and it came out BEAUTIFULLY. A nice warm light honey blonde. No brassiness or orange left, and definitely no purple or grey colour either!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This toner was awesome when I had platinum hair I would bleach it out wash with Regis silver shampoo mixed with John Freida blonde shampoo in the champagne color. I would wait a day or two before I applied the white lady. So what I would do was tone it first with wella frosty ash and that would leave my hair frosty gray (oh and remember to put it with a 10 developer because youre trying to deposit color not lift it) so I would wait another 2 days then I would apply this toner on with a 10 developer. My hair would end up purplish ashy gray and after that washed out I had the nicest shade of platinum hair very nice and white!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kprizzl87

*****BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW LONG YOU LEAVE THIS PRODUCT ON!!!!!!! Even though the instructions said up to 30 minutes, I left it on for 8 minutes after reading all the reviews on here. SO glad I did!!!! Even after 8 min there was a minnnnor hint of liliac left, but it is washed out now!!*******

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE This product!!

My natural hair color is ash brown and my hair is very fine. Every hair dresser Ive asked to dye my hair blonde would refuse- saying itd ruin my hair- only doing blonde highlights.

Finally had the balls to go blonde at home, so glad I did!! I went from dyed red hair to platnium blonde. After a round of color stripping, and 2 bleachings, my hair was left a horrid yellow color. This turned my hair absolutely beautiful shade of blonde.

Only warning: Be careful how long you apply it for! As I said above- any longer than 10 minutes for my hair, and it woulda gone purple. Do a strand test!!!!!!! If you dont- then be sure not to leave it on for long!

Def reccomend it... gosh my hair is soooooo soft!!!!! :) :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No