September 20, 2014 | 1897 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SupaMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product in the past, however I never truly realized what a great product it was until now.My story; so after about two weeks of bleaching my hair and using a honey blonde, I started to notice my hair was develop and awful yellow tone. The purple shampoo wasn't cutting it anymore and it made my hair look dirty and my roots stuck out like no ones business! (dark haired gal here) So I noticed I had t18 in a drawer and decided to use it as it honestly couldn't get any worse than yellow hair lol. I slabbed it on with the directed 20 developer (I used a 30 once DON'T DO IT! lol) and left it on for around 15 minutes. The purple tone my hair developed wasn't what scared me, but what did was the fact that the color after I washed the toner off was a disgusting muted moldy green ish blonde. I tried not to freak out washed my hair around three more times and then blow dryed. The color turned out a lovely silver ish blonde and my dark roots now don't stick out as much as they did with the disgusting yellow! I totally recommend this toner whenever your hair is starting to get a little on the yellow side! However as many have said just don't over do the 30 minute thing unless you want lilac hair (which I don't mind) and keep in mind that if it does develop that purpley twinge that if you use a bit of head and shoulders it should was right off :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by nscocchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, just have a QUESTION!

I'm wondering if i should go ahead with this product....

This is my current hair situation:

My roots were a mousy brown..... (my hair lifts pretty nicely) , and my ends were a mixture of the mousy brown and old cool blonde highlights that had turned golden from not toning often enough...

I was looking for my hair to be somewhere between a warm and cool blonde.....I went to the beauty supply outlet and the woman working told me to use a 20 vol. developer with the product Wella: light golden blonde. She said to go ahead and dye the roots first and make my way down to the ends

Now my roots are an orangey yellow and the ends are not that much lighter then they were previously just slightly more brassy.

I went back to the store and she told me to use the white lady with 20 developer and only to leave it on for 4 mins... It didn't do all that much

I'm wondering if now I should go back in with the white lady a second time... or if the developer wasn't a high enough lift in the first place?

SUGGESTIONS!
THANKS SO MUCH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect toner for icy platinum blonde hair. Beware though, because you *can* overdo it and end up with grey hair for a couple of days.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kittypoop

My hair is bleached, but the ends were previously dyed brown a couple years ago, so they are a light blonde, while my hair to my jaw is platinum. The difference isn't that noticeable, but I still like to tone the orangey yellow to blend the difference. I actually like this toner better than the one my stylist uses. Hmmm. Anyway, I only let it sit for about 5 minutes, maybe 10, before I rinse. I process it in front of a mirror so that the results don't go to grey/purple. Leaves a slight purple sheen in bright sunlight, that washes out in one wash.
I believe that it needs to be stated that this will not lighten your hair. Despite using a 20 volume developer, this will only deposit color. No lightening, just ash toning. If your hair isn't light enough, like an orange, this won't do much. Hair has to be yellow/light yellow to get desired ash blonde/platinum.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

OMG! I am soooo happy!! Ok so I went to a salon....(no really!!!) and it wasn't one I normally go to and so the "manager" who I paid extra for left me with some orange brassy roots! I went back to get it fixed, another girl put highlights over it. I was done. And looked like an Oompa Loompa with steaks. I read the reviews about this product but decided I'll just go to Sally's and see what they recommend, well they recommended this! The girl looked at my hair and was like use a 10 volume developer and only leave it on for 10 minutes. I figured I trusted her because she told me that if you leave it on for too long it will turn purple grey, which is what her customers have complained.

So I followed her directions, I mixed it and brushed it on my roots, waited 10 minutes. I was starting to get scared cause my roots were PURPLE but I washed it and yay no more brashness or yellow ness!!!!! It completely matches the rest of my hair I am sooo grateful! The only thing that sucks is I applied it only to the crown of my head, but I'll go back and do the bottom, as you can still see orange if I put it in a pony tail. But this stuff is sooo great! I would do my method if your a medium blonde, I'm sure you can leave this on longer if you want platinum hair.

Just for reference, they did change the name from white lady to lightest ash blonde and it's still T18.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahwilliams33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful product! Really impressed with it.

I have naturally medium brown hair that I wanted to turn blonde. I bleached it until it was thing weird orange-y yellow colour, then I waited almost two weeks, only washing my hair with shampoo twice before applying the White Lady toner.

The salesperson said to leave it on for a full 30 minutes, but after reading comments on here I got scared and washed it off after 20 minutes. The mixture on my head before washing was a gross grey-purple colour.

After a deep conditioning treatment for 5 minutes, I washed it all out and it came out BEAUTIFULLY. A nice warm light honey blonde. No brassiness or orange left, and definitely no purple or grey colour either!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This toner was awesome when I had platinum hair I would bleach it out wash with Regis silver shampoo mixed with John Freida blonde shampoo in the champagne color. I would wait a day or two before I applied the white lady. So what I would do was tone it first with wella frosty ash and that would leave my hair frosty gray (oh and remember to put it with a 10 developer because youre trying to deposit color not lift it) so I would wait another 2 days then I would apply this toner on with a 10 developer. My hair would end up purplish ashy gray and after that washed out I had the nicest shade of platinum hair very nice and white!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kprizzl87

*****BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW LONG YOU LEAVE THIS PRODUCT ON!!!!!!! Even though the instructions said up to 30 minutes, I left it on for 8 minutes after reading all the reviews on here. SO glad I did!!!! Even after 8 min there was a minnnnor hint of liliac left, but it is washed out now!!*******

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE This product!!

My natural hair color is ash brown and my hair is very fine. Every hair dresser Ive asked to dye my hair blonde would refuse- saying itd ruin my hair- only doing blonde highlights.

Finally had the balls to go blonde at home, so glad I did!! I went from dyed red hair to platnium blonde. After a round of color stripping, and 2 bleachings, my hair was left a horrid yellow color. This turned my hair absolutely beautiful shade of blonde.

Only warning: Be careful how long you apply it for! As I said above- any longer than 10 minutes for my hair, and it woulda gone purple. Do a strand test!!!!!!! If you dont- then be sure not to leave it on for long!

Def reccomend it... gosh my hair is soooooo soft!!!!! :) :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by alexisemilychin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted my hair to be lavender, so my plan of action was the bleach the crap out of my (extremely) dark brown hair, then tone it with this to make it grey or white, then dye it lavender. I didn't want this to be the final product, I just wanted it to tone out the blond in my hair.

I found that it didn't really do anything to my hair at all except dry it out and burn my scalp, I had bleached my hair to an almost-white platinum blond, then applied this, but when I rinsed it out, it didn't do anything.

I used this 2:1, 30 Volume Salon Care developer to toner. My hair came out the exact same shade when it was done as when I applied it.

Edit: I used the Wella T14 toner (pale ash blonde, compared to T18, lightest ash blonde) mixed with 050 Cooling Violet additive, and my hair came out a BEAUTIFUL grey colour with white highlights. I used the T14, 2:1 30 Volume Salon Care developer to toner, with 3 capfuls of the additive. It worked out beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hope someone could learn from this as I wish someone would have stated this on here before I did what I did.

First off, do not, again, do not use this toner a day after you have bleached your hair. It won't work. It didn't beforehand (even though the lady at the sally store assured me it would) the first time around I got my hair bleach at a salon and they failed to fully tone it out and it didn't work this time either on MY roots.

Use this toner immadieately after bleaching or using any sort of bleaching kit, or bleaching process. Leave on for around 8 minutes to 10 depending on how brassy your hair is.

I had bleached my roots the night before, not having anytime to use a bleaching kit on the rest of my medium lightish blonde hair I postponed it for the next day, when I wouldn't be tired or in a hurry just so I could get some rest.

The next day I went in with a bleaching kit (Loreal Feria Extra Bleach Blonde) did all of my hair (EXCEPT my roots I didn't want my hair to fall off lol a bit paranoid). I figured it didn't matter because I would tone everything all together anyway. After I was done bleaching all of my hair the color result was about the same color as my roots very brassy looking.

I went in with this toner and while my hair came out beautifully my roots failed to do so, they looked untouched as if I didn't put any toner in them at all! So the next day I toned JUST my roots again and yet nothing but left with some parts of my hair (middle length not roots) purple. So I have platinumish blonde hair with yellow roots and pieces of purple! GREAT. I wish so badly it said on the toner ONLY use directly after bleaching hair.

GOD.

YOU ARE WELCOME, to whomever may read this and doesn't make the same mistake I did.
I really do not know what to do anymore.
If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do, please feel free and welcome to message me.

In all the toner works, just not a day later.