October 24, 2014 | 1729 users online

Skincare - Face - Coastal Scents - African Black Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by aleung88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought 1lb for 12.99 back in April, and I'm just about 1/3 of the way through, 6 months later. I love this soap because it's lasting me forever and it gets my skin super clean, with that really satisfyingly squeaky feeling, and is also extremely portable for trips. I just take a small chunk with me and whatever I can't finish, I won't bring back...I have so much of it sitting in my washroom I won't feel bad about it either!

It's true that it is a little bit on the drying side, but that's perfect for my combination and fairly sensitive skin. I just pat dry and immediately put on a water-based serum to seal in the moisture.

I'm a bit of a product junkie, but since buying this soap, I've noticed my compulsion to try new cleansers has diminished to almost none at all; I just think of all the ABS still on my counter and how amazing it's cleaned my skin, and I know I don't need anything else! One thing it doesn't do, or at least, I don't want to try, is cleaning my eye makeup with it. With all the bits of stuff in it, I'd rather stick with a gentle eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by theycallmetrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff works amazing, but it is SUPER drying (my skin is oily in T zone and not sensitive at all). But if you get a good moisturizer you will be fine. At first i didn't have a good moisturizer and my skin was like peeling off like a snake :( ANYWAY........ yeah so i used an empty bottle with a pump on it that makes cleanser come out like foam and i filled it with water and dissolved chunks of the ABS in it then added like 30 drops of tea tree oil to the mixture because that is the best thing in the world for clearing up acne or just keeping your skin clear and glowing. Well that little concoction that i invented works wonders it's probably my favorite cleanser ever. My skin has never looked better it's clear smooth and glowing :-D

PS i gave a 3 for packaging bc it comes wrapped in cellophane and looks like it came from the black market. but i mean i don't care about packaging at all ...all i care about is how well it works......and this has worked better than anything that came wrapped up all fancy and with pretty labels.

<3 this stuff so much. and if you read this far I will say that you should get pure tea tree oil available at all vitamin stores and a lot of grocery stores too. it works better than anything ive ever tried (and ive tried it all) to clear up acne. i just figured i'd say something bc most people who visit this page want the ABS to cure acne

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by robinmosesnailart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have very quirky skin. this soap lathers so wonderfully....stings just slightly...tightens my pores and leaves my skin feeling so clean and happy. i just lightly moisturize after and its amazing...my skin is more even and the discoloration has even evened out a bit. i have so much on systems and products that dont work and this one is simple and effective. i love this soap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by LOVEalyssa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for almost 2 months now, so I think I can write a pretty good review.
I'll start with the price first. This stuff is super cheap for the amount - 1lb. will last you about a year. So even if you do end up not liking it, it wouldn't dent your budget.
The packaging is really weird, but it's not terrible. They wrap the African Black Soap with what appears to be saran wrap, then put it in a bag.
Now for the actual review...
This stuff is AMAZING. It has done wonders to my acne-prone skin. Way better than ProActiv. It also acts fast. It may make some people break out for about a week or so (not for me) but I promise you that after that, you will have beautiful skin. Another thing I really like about it is that you can just wash your face with it once for about 5 seconds or so and you're done for the day (Because I'm lazy and I can just do this in the shower).
I totally recommend this for just about anyone. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by alevalerio1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 2 months now. I wanted to make sure I gave it enough time before I actually wrote a review so here goes.

I LOVE this product! I have oily skin and am prone to break outs especially during the summer and this soap makes my skin feel squeaky clean. Unlike some of the other reviews, I only use this once a day because I found that if I use it more than that my skin starts to get itchy even with moisturizer.

when I first started using this product I did break out the first week but I think that was because my skin was adjusting to the new product. Since then I have noticed that my skin is clearer, less oily and more even toned. I have been using Proativ for the last 3 years and I can honestly say that this soap does more for my skin than the Proactiv.

I would highly recommend this product but I do advise that you give it enough time to work properly with your skin. Overall an awesome product and it will last a LONG time, I only bought one bar and I've only used a small corner of it in the last 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Helping clear up my skin so much this summer! I have such unbelievably oily, pimple-ridden skin during the hot, humid summers here in the South, so this is a godsend to this type of weather! Plus--the best part of all, I seem to not be mildly allergic to this face soap like I am to those other chemical-based ones that I've tried..just wish I found this earlier before spending loads on other skin products

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by CandyWife

I actually posted a full scale review on my blog.

As tempting and routine as it is to go and try another round of things, this has been steady, clean and simple.

I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kintyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Where to start? This stuff is freaking awesome, it is probably the best natural remedy to clear up acne, remove acne scars and tighten pores. Thats right, it does all those things. This soap dries up acne and sloughs off acne scars bit by bit. That being said, it is renowned for be drying and it is strong. I follow this up with pure aloe vera (from walmart :} ) which rehyrdates, tones and tightens without any fear of clogging newly cleaned pores. I would recommend this for most anyone, the exception: those with eczema. When followed with aloe vera, your skin glows. Those with sensitive skin (like myself) should know to start with 1 use a day and move up, it may sting the first few times, but you get used to it. Also this really is the best thing to remove even the most staining foundation.
P.S. Any rough jagged bits are char from the baking process, smush those when you find them, they're good for cleansing too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by becomingshadows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is straight up magic! I've been using Dr. Bronners, the Clarisonic Pro and basically ever top rated product here on MUA, but this one definitely takes the cake. Not only have I stopped getting blemishes, in a matter of two days the two big ones I have scabbed over and exfoliated off! Sure I still have two pink spots of raw skin where they used to be, but that is crazy fast healing! I am just so pleased. I gave some to my mom and een though it looks like a cow pie, she loves it, too!

I adore this! Good thing I bought a 10 lb box!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by tanangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my 3rd day using this product. It is a really great soap - I wash my face 2 to 3 times a day and afterward I put on the shea butter and when I get up in the am my face feels so smooth. I have noticed that it is lighten my blemishes - not completely get rid of them, but hey it's only day 3. I get a small piece and place it in my hand add water and get rich subs apply this to my face. I let it stay on my face for about 3 to 5 minutes. Wash it off, dab my face lightly w/ a cloth towel and then add the moisturizer. This is going to be my new me for the New Year. ***** grade