July 31, 2014 | 1706 users online

Skincare - Face - Coastal Scents - African Black Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by robinmosesnailart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have very quirky skin. this soap lathers so wonderfully....stings just slightly...tightens my pores and leaves my skin feeling so clean and happy. i just lightly moisturize after and its amazing...my skin is more even and the discoloration has even evened out a bit. i have so much on systems and products that dont work and this one is simple and effective. i love this soap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by LOVEalyssa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for almost 2 months now, so I think I can write a pretty good review.
I'll start with the price first. This stuff is super cheap for the amount - 1lb. will last you about a year. So even if you do end up not liking it, it wouldn't dent your budget.
The packaging is really weird, but it's not terrible. They wrap the African Black Soap with what appears to be saran wrap, then put it in a bag.
Now for the actual review...
This stuff is AMAZING. It has done wonders to my acne-prone skin. Way better than ProActiv. It also acts fast. It may make some people break out for about a week or so (not for me) but I promise you that after that, you will have beautiful skin. Another thing I really like about it is that you can just wash your face with it once for about 5 seconds or so and you're done for the day (Because I'm lazy and I can just do this in the shower).
I totally recommend this for just about anyone. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by alevalerio1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 2 months now. I wanted to make sure I gave it enough time before I actually wrote a review so here goes.

I LOVE this product! I have oily skin and am prone to break outs especially during the summer and this soap makes my skin feel squeaky clean. Unlike some of the other reviews, I only use this once a day because I found that if I use it more than that my skin starts to get itchy even with moisturizer.

when I first started using this product I did break out the first week but I think that was because my skin was adjusting to the new product. Since then I have noticed that my skin is clearer, less oily and more even toned. I have been using Proativ for the last 3 years and I can honestly say that this soap does more for my skin than the Proactiv.

I would highly recommend this product but I do advise that you give it enough time to work properly with your skin. Overall an awesome product and it will last a LONG time, I only bought one bar and I've only used a small corner of it in the last 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Helping clear up my skin so much this summer! I have such unbelievably oily, pimple-ridden skin during the hot, humid summers here in the South, so this is a godsend to this type of weather! Plus--the best part of all, I seem to not be mildly allergic to this face soap like I am to those other chemical-based ones that I've tried..just wish I found this earlier before spending loads on other skin products

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by CandyWife

I actually posted a full scale review on my blog.

As tempting and routine as it is to go and try another round of things, this has been steady, clean and simple.

I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kintyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Where to start? This stuff is freaking awesome, it is probably the best natural remedy to clear up acne, remove acne scars and tighten pores. Thats right, it does all those things. This soap dries up acne and sloughs off acne scars bit by bit. That being said, it is renowned for be drying and it is strong. I follow this up with pure aloe vera (from walmart :} ) which rehyrdates, tones and tightens without any fear of clogging newly cleaned pores. I would recommend this for most anyone, the exception: those with eczema. When followed with aloe vera, your skin glows. Those with sensitive skin (like myself) should know to start with 1 use a day and move up, it may sting the first few times, but you get used to it. Also this really is the best thing to remove even the most staining foundation.
P.S. Any rough jagged bits are char from the baking process, smush those when you find them, they're good for cleansing too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by becomingshadows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is straight up magic! I've been using Dr. Bronners, the Clarisonic Pro and basically ever top rated product here on MUA, but this one definitely takes the cake. Not only have I stopped getting blemishes, in a matter of two days the two big ones I have scabbed over and exfoliated off! Sure I still have two pink spots of raw skin where they used to be, but that is crazy fast healing! I am just so pleased. I gave some to my mom and een though it looks like a cow pie, she loves it, too!

I adore this! Good thing I bought a 10 lb box!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by tanangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my 3rd day using this product. It is a really great soap - I wash my face 2 to 3 times a day and afterward I put on the shea butter and when I get up in the am my face feels so smooth. I have noticed that it is lighten my blemishes - not completely get rid of them, but hey it's only day 3. I get a small piece and place it in my hand add water and get rich subs apply this to my face. I let it stay on my face for about 3 to 5 minutes. Wash it off, dab my face lightly w/ a cloth towel and then add the moisturizer. This is going to be my new me for the New Year. ***** grade

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by spazzirry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this soap for over a year now and I absolutly love it! My skin is oily and acne prone but since I started using this soap my skin is matte and I rarely get any pimples. My skin is super clear and I rarely wear foundation anymore but when I do, a very thin layer is enough.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've only been using this soap for three days now but I already feel compelled to write a review. I have normal to combination skin that is fairly clear, but have small breakouts here and there from wearing heavy foundations for too many hours at a time. I purchased this on a whim, along with the unrefined shea butter and facial scrub brush. Every night I've been wetting the facial brush and rubbing it across the soap and then in soft, circular motions I rub my face with it. Every 20 seconds or so I rinse the brush and apply more soap to the brush. I rub it around my face for about a minute and then rinse. All of my makeup is gone and my face feels so soft, clean and fresh. My face is already looking brighter and my foundation looks better. I will update in a couple of weeks as I continue using this! ****UPDATE: This soap every night paired with the facial brush was too harsh for my skin and dried it out. I am now using this with no facial brush - and not every night. I still love this for a good cleanser & to remove my makeup. I lather it in my hands a bit first and rub it all over my face, then rinse.