January 29, 2015 | 1889 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by annielj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Badly allergic to this lip balm!!! First time ever. After I used this for 2 or 3 days, my lips became swelled up, small blisters all over my lips. Took me one week to heal after I didn't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite lip balm, and I've tried A LOT. It seems kind of hard when you first open the tin and find this wax cake, but it spreads easily and melts into your lips. It provides a lot of moisture without slathering on a thick coat, and it keeps lips moisturized for a long time. It's great for the dry winters we've been having in the northeast.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by bradleyscat

I could hardly get any product out of the tin because it was so hard and dry. I ended up having to scoop the stuff out which was tedious. When it was on my lips it disnt feel very moisturizing..Waste of $3, you're better off buying some good ol Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AllTheTrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have 4 of these all at once (purse, nightstand, make up bag, and a floater lol ) . This lip balm is the most effective I've tried, really moisturizing and healing immediately and long-term. Some chapsticks make your lips feel like they "need" more after a few hours, but not this one. I can put it on in the morning, and if I for some reason don't have any around all day, I can just lick my lips and it seems like some of the wax is still there working.

There's a strOng mint smell and tingly feeling when you put it on, but I love that. The ingredients are natural and not harmful, so it makes me feel good about the company and about what's ultimately being absorbed into my body.

I've even used this in situations where I have no toothbrush around to make my breath smell better- the mint is thAt strong smelling :p , but it's a clean, fresh smell so I don't think anyone would be bothered by it.

In my lifetime, I've probably purchased about 50 of these tins, and I've only had one tin that was nearly impossible to open. I like the packaging because they're sturdy and portable- even when I'm out hiking and it's hot, the wax gets softer but doesn't melt runny or leak.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ruimargrida

I thought this product was brilliant. The lip balm itself was a little bit hard, not very creamy in texture, but that's to be expected from the bee's wax. It glides on beautifully, and the tingling sensation from the peppermint oil is very soothing, especially in the winter season. It was very moisturizing without slathering a thick layer of product on your lips like other lip balms.

The packaging itself I thought was cute, because I like the look of tins. Because of the lip balms texture, it's a bit hard to apply it with your fingers, so I like to just apply it on my lips from the tin. If you don't like to do that, just buy the one in the tube.

It was a bit pricey, I got it for $5 at Walmart, but for the quality, I highly recommend it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Even though one has to stick his fingers into the tin to get some product- not a very hygienic practice-this still goes down as my favorite lip balm of ALL TIME. It is super thick and creamy, and penetrates my rather large, thick dry lips, injecting them with moisture- not surprising considering the fact that it's loaded with moisturizing agents such as coconut oil, sweet almond oi land vitamin E. It contains the perfect amount of menthol- not too much to completely numb your lip area, but enough to pleasantly smell minty. It also lasts around five to six hours and is excellent as a night treatment. I use it when the rest of my lip balms have failed to do their job- my Burt's Bees wax lip balm will never let me down!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I prefer this over the actual lip balm, as it does not feel as waxy. The only downside is that this seemed to 'dry up' after a while and that you actually have to use your fingers to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Karencitaaa

My best friend left this in my purse & I was gonna return it to her...until I tried it out & got addicted! Love the texture and smoothness it leaves on your lips! Now i'm never giving this back!!! >:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no problems opening this up so I'm not unhappy with the packaging like other reviewers are, & the product itself is alright. It's not a miracle worker but it does an ok job. The peppermint in it is a nice touch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This leaves me with a nice tingling sensation. It's like the vibrator of the make-up world.

I've also noticed that my lipstick stays on better whenever I wear this underneath, though I know this isn't the sole reason for my lipstick's lasting power, so it isn't really needed. Just something fun to put on.

Also, this doesn't really moisturize my chapped lips.

And I find this to be quite pricey ($2.99-$4.00 depending on where you live) for a lip balm, especially since it doesn't really do much other than tingle.

I enjoy the use of this lip balm, though I personally could do without it. My 98 generic chapstick works much, much better.