November 26, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by bradleyscat

I could hardly get any product out of the tin because it was so hard and dry. I ended up having to scoop the stuff out which was tedious. When it was on my lips it disnt feel very moisturizing..Waste of $3, you're better off buying some good ol Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AllTheTrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have 4 of these all at once (purse, nightstand, make up bag, and a floater lol ) . This lip balm is the most effective I've tried, really moisturizing and healing immediately and long-term. Some chapsticks make your lips feel like they "need" more after a few hours, but not this one. I can put it on in the morning, and if I for some reason don't have any around all day, I can just lick my lips and it seems like some of the wax is still there working.

There's a strOng mint smell and tingly feeling when you put it on, but I love that. The ingredients are natural and not harmful, so it makes me feel good about the company and about what's ultimately being absorbed into my body.

I've even used this in situations where I have no toothbrush around to make my breath smell better- the mint is thAt strong smelling :p , but it's a clean, fresh smell so I don't think anyone would be bothered by it.

In my lifetime, I've probably purchased about 50 of these tins, and I've only had one tin that was nearly impossible to open. I like the packaging because they're sturdy and portable- even when I'm out hiking and it's hot, the wax gets softer but doesn't melt runny or leak.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ruimargrida

I thought this product was brilliant. The lip balm itself was a little bit hard, not very creamy in texture, but that's to be expected from the bee's wax. It glides on beautifully, and the tingling sensation from the peppermint oil is very soothing, especially in the winter season. It was very moisturizing without slathering a thick layer of product on your lips like other lip balms.

The packaging itself I thought was cute, because I like the look of tins. Because of the lip balms texture, it's a bit hard to apply it with your fingers, so I like to just apply it on my lips from the tin. If you don't like to do that, just buy the one in the tube.

It was a bit pricey, I got it for $5 at Walmart, but for the quality, I highly recommend it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Even though one has to stick his fingers into the tin to get some product- not a very hygienic practice-this still goes down as my favorite lip balm of ALL TIME. It is super thick and creamy, and penetrates my rather large, thick dry lips, injecting them with moisture- not surprising considering the fact that it's loaded with moisturizing agents such as coconut oil, sweet almond oi land vitamin E. It contains the perfect amount of menthol- not too much to completely numb your lip area, but enough to pleasantly smell minty. It also lasts around five to six hours and is excellent as a night treatment. I use it when the rest of my lip balms have failed to do their job- my Burt's Bees wax lip balm will never let me down!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I prefer this over the actual lip balm, as it does not feel as waxy. The only downside is that this seemed to 'dry up' after a while and that you actually have to use your fingers to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Karencitaaa

My best friend left this in my purse & I was gonna return it to her...until I tried it out & got addicted! Love the texture and smoothness it leaves on your lips! Now i'm never giving this back!!! >:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no problems opening this up so I'm not unhappy with the packaging like other reviewers are, & the product itself is alright. It's not a miracle worker but it does an ok job. The peppermint in it is a nice touch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This leaves me with a nice tingling sensation. It's like the vibrator of the make-up world.

I've also noticed that my lipstick stays on better whenever I wear this underneath, though I know this isn't the sole reason for my lipstick's lasting power, so it isn't really needed. Just something fun to put on.

Also, this doesn't really moisturize my chapped lips.

And I find this to be quite pricey ($2.99-$4.00 depending on where you live) for a lip balm, especially since it doesn't really do much other than tingle.

I enjoy the use of this lip balm, though I personally could do without it. My 98 generic chapstick works much, much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- I love the sweet peppermint scent of this lip balm
- Packaging is cute (as I don't mind using fingers to apply)
- cooling and tingling sensation from peppermint oil, not painful and goes away after a while (I wasn't used to this at first but now I'm addicted. sensation can be rather strong for those who do not like tingly lippies)
- keeps in moisture on lips, lasts a few hours on lips if I don't eat/drink
- has a good amount of product.

Cons:
- it doesn't really help nourish my lips which are usually quite dry. But works great in summer.
- A bit expensive for a lipbalm, although it is the nicest minty lipbalm i've tried so far.
-if you put too much on, the wax inside the lipbalm dries up overtime and forms a skin(?) or some sort of layer on your lips.

I will repurchase if I can't find another minty lipbalm that matches this one- i just love the scent so much. However I'll need to find another lipbalm for conditioning lips.

EDIT: After using this for over a year, this is one of my HG lipbalms for summer. And i am yet to find another lb with the same sweet peppermint scent. I am still yet to finish my 1st tin since I do rotate lip balms, but I'll definitely repurchase this.

UPDATE:
I've taken down a lippie as I prefer other lipbalms to really nourish and moisturise my lips but I still can't find one that smells as great as this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Got this in the tube, it has pomegranate in it, smells delicious. I wish it wasn't so expensive because I use this like crazy :/ this one doesn't have spf in it which I think is a negative. If I didn't try to save every possible penny I would buy this again but I think I'll get carmex next time which is just as good.