October 2, 2014 | 973 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Mascara in Black Ruby for Green Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by wellnell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a redhead, I am always looking for mascara that doesn't look too dark and this is actually a really nice color with my strawberry blone hair and fair, freckled face. It looks like an eggplant color on the wand but it looks different on your face, as they all do. Also, I have REALLY sensitive eyes and I can use this for a short period of time, about 1-2 months, before having to replace. I can wear it for about 6-8 hrs before the sensitivity starts in. The use of antihistamines and antihistamine eye drops helps, and because this is waterproof, I can use the eye drops without it running. I hate how hard it is to take off and I hate using oily eye makeup removers, they make my vision blurry for hours after but waterproof mascara seems to be less likely to flake or otherwise migrate to my eyes so I put up with the hassle. Again, a fairly non-reactive formula great for redheads!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't waste your money. It does nothing - like an earlier reviewer said, looks like nothing more than a brown mascara. So if I'm going for an au naturel look I'll buy a brown mascara. Doesn't bring out the green, doesn't help make my eyes pop, and the packaging is really cheap-looking.

No go.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Sadytha

Okay, as a mascara for every day wear, this is great. But it didn't enhance my eye colour like the packaging claims. The colour is a weird pink-purple and really it shows up on my lashes like I put some brown mascara on. Lame! I like the brush—it kept my lashes separate and made them look nice. But this mascara is most definitely not worth the $8.99 I paid for it! The tube is pretty, if that counts for anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara- I mean, it's not a miracle product like they tout in magazines, but with my bright green eyes it lights them up really well. I tend to have pigmented circles under my eyes regardless of how much sleep I get, so black mascara can make my shadows look worse. This is actually a brownish mascara- really no black involved so the name may be a little misleading, but it really does make green eyes pop, and it brightens up my face. It wears really well, no clumping, or flaking, which is a plus- and it seems to last all day with no smudging or smearing. I'd re-purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by sarahbm77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this when I saw the color after opening it. Man, what a bummer! It took like 6 coats to even show up. The wand is awkward as well. Nice concept though but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by txpenelope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually bought the waterproof version on sale. Not a very good waterproof though, really just water resistant. The mascara was a bit too dry & didn't do that good of a job lengthening or thickening my lashes. The brush was better than most since it is a newer silicone type brush/comb, but wasn't a "great" design. The Black Ruby color may have enhanced my green eyes a miniscule amount but not enough to bother. I won't be buying this mascara again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is OK but JUST OK. I don't get anything much from it at all - OK coverage/volume/length but there are much better out there. As for the Black Ruby piece - I could not see any sort of difference. I guess you wouldn't want it to stand out like crazy but it just looked like black mascara to me. Lash Blast and several others are better. I'd pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by lilmissyblee1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm sad about all these bad reviews! I found this to be very lengthening and non-clumping, not so much volumizing but length is what I go for in a 'mascara anyway! And I love the warm red-black color, it matches my hair and doesn't clash with my warm skin tone, and yes, I do find that it enhances the little bit of green in my eyes (my eyes are this wierd 2 tone, brown in the middle, green on the rims color). This is great for casual daytime looks. I actually bought it a while back along with several other colors to try, and even though I wans't really thrilled about the others, this one rocks!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by greeneyed76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have green eyes and thought I would try this mascara. Well I am sorry I wasted $8.99 on this! It does not do anything to highlight my eyes at all. In fact, it doesn't look any different than any other mascara I have used. At least other mascaras lengthen and thicken my lashes, this doesn't even do that much. Also it seems to fade after a few hours. I think that all I paid for was the hype and the Rihanna commercial. I wish I could return this and get my money back. It sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I think "Black Ruby", a deep red comes to mind or a nice mahogany. I was a bit bummed to find that my "black ruby" mascara was a bland purple. But I could forgive this if the formula was of better quality. It's too dry for my tastes. I do like the wand, though. It's flexible and application is fairly easy.