Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 9/22/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute HOLY GRAIL mascara! For reference, I have long, full, but stubbornly straight lashes. The problem I have with most mascaras is keeping my curl, which is why I only buy waterproof formulas. Volum' Express has everything I look for: it gives me buildable volume, does not flake or smudge, has a rich black color, and most of all keeps a curl! Every other mascara I have used (even other cult favorites like The Falsies) weighs down my lashes and causes the curl to droop. I highly recommend this mascara for my fellow straight-lashed ladies, or even anyone who is looking for a solid volumizing mascara. It's the best one on the market and for the price is unbeatable.

on 9/15/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I want to start off by saying that I LOVE colossal maybelline mascara just NOT the waterpoof one! Everyone is different and has different tastes, but I prefer non-waterproof and bought this one by accident and regretted it later. If you don't know whether you want waterproof or not, then I suggest you buy the non-waterproof colossal and see how it goes before switching to waterproof.

Would I purchase again or recommend to a friend? -No.

on 7/18/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This mascara has been the BEST mascara I've tried so far. I've purchased this quite a few times and found myself liking it a lot.

BACKGROUND: My lashes are average length, straight and points down but not very noticeable when curled. It is by no means thick or voluminous. It does not hold a curl with non waterproof mascaras, but holds a curl with pretty much every waterproof mascara I've tried.

WATERPROOF: it holds my curl all day very well. However, I wouldn't depend on it when emerging in water. It tends to smudge in hot/humid weather, but i do have oily skin to start with. In winter, there are minimal to no smudges though.

LENGTH/VOLUME: the first coat it gives tons of length, and by the second coat, it gives some volume. The volume it gives it not too dramatic, perfect for an everyday natural look. I don't think it's very build able because it does clump a little bit by the second coat (i actually like a little clump for some volume)

SEPARATION: i wouldn't depend on it for separation as it does clump a little bit by the second coat.

PRICE: Where i live, it's usually on sale for 6$ plus GST at Walmart which is awesome for us who are on a budget!

LOVE this! Better than the Dior mascara I purchased a while ago. This glides onto my lashes making them black, volumized and LOOONGGG. I can't communicate how much I adore this product. Will repurchase for life. I'm glad I won't have to spend $25 on a mascara anymore!

on 6/16/2014 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This mascara is really good for its price, however it's not very waterproof (will smudge in humid weather). it provides lots of length of the first coat and nice volume if you add it on. It makes my lashes look very long and thick. I'm very impressed. It also holds a curl very well even you have stubborn and straight lashes. But if you have oily eyelids, it would be better to add on a coat of very waterproof mascara. I recommend kiss me long and curl mascara.

Pros:
Holds a curl
Very good lengthening and volumizing effect
Cheap
Easy to find

Cons:
Not very waterproof
Can be slightly clumpy-need to apply with good skills
The colour of the bottle isn't very attactive

on 6/1/2014 4:25:00 PM

This mascara definitely gives lots of volume to my lashes. It is also very waterproof, as others have mentioned, to the point of it being difficult to remove. My problem was that because my eye area is oily it smudged under my eyes giving me that oh so attractive haven't slept in a week look. But somehow, because it was so waterproof I guess, I had a really hard time removing those smudges once they were there. Normally, a quick swipe and they would be gone, but those smudges won't budge! I will not be finishing the tube!

on 5/17/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have just bought my third tube of this mascara, so I thought I might as well write a little review.
It's fairly cheap. It doesn' t smudge. It holds the curls well. It adds volume and length, but still looks natural and doesn't get crazy chunky.
It's waterproof to a certain point: if I cry a lot, or if the weather is very humid, it's not gonna work. But when it's a little water / sweat, it won't budge.
The quality of the packaging is fine, I personally hate the colour but oh well.
All in all, it's a pretty good product if you need a pretty good mascara and you're on a budget.

on 5/16/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love the Regular / Washable Colossal, so I thought I'd try this one. The WP one is good as curls, thickens, but b/c of lash loss upon removal each & every time & just the pain it took to get it off in general, I gave it to a friend after very few uses. I've long lashes, but somewhat sparse to begin w/, so I cannot afford to lose lashes no matter how good something looks! I'll just stick to my L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes if I need a mascara w/ good staying power. I don't bother w/ mascara when swimming, so I just require something for my allergy eyes. Won't repurchase. WP & my lashes just do not mix!! :(

on 5/11/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i got this mascara because i had a purple one from maybelline and it was amazing for my eyelashes so i thought i would get a waterproof one and it would be an upgrade.
the packaging is nice in yellow and teal and the brush is okay too. Terrible smell but you have to hold it close to your nose to actually smell it.
It did lengthen my lashes and added volume, I'm not sure what the technique to apply this is. But it makes my lashes too clumpy for my liking and glues them together. Will curl for around an hour or so and then it my lashes just go straight.
It itches a little bit I guess but i didnt get any flaking or raccoon eyes with this. However it is tough to get off and I usually have raccoon eyes in the morning even after removing it at night.
I won't recommend because I know there are better mascaras out there.

on 5/1/2014 4:42:00 AM

I love this! This is my everyday mascara, i have quite short and straight lashes so i curl them and put this mascara on and it holds the curl perfectly! And the mascara survived loads of sessions of crying or walking through the rain without smudging that much, my lashes just aren't curled by then anymore. It costs a little less than 8€ here so it's a really good price. Only contra i have is that it smudges on the bottom lashes after a while, i have really short bottom lashes and i'm always using another one for them. So all in all it's a GREAT mascara!