November 26, 2014 | 1711 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

This is a really good mascara for Asian stick straight lashes that is difficult to keep a curl. The picture does look different to the one I use. Mine is a yellow tube with purple writing.
After curling my lashes and applying this, it separates my lashes and gives length and volume without clumping. I bought my second tube and will be repurchasing. Just make sure you get waterproof because it holds the curl much better. I use ponds cold cream to remove it and comes off easily without tugging. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lborkowski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far this is the best drugstore mascara I have used...however, I use it on my upper lashes only and use Covergirl Lash Blast waterproof on my lower lashes (the CG is wayyyy too difficult to remove on my upper lashes and I've lost a lot of lashes taking it off). I have have short, straight asian lashes which are very difficult to work with...but using cold pressed castor oil has made them much longer and fuller so when I curl and use this mascara it makes me look like I have falsies! I pinch my curler firmly (but not too tight) for at least 20 seconds and use my hair dryer on med/cool for a few seconds to hold the curl.

I would rate this 5 lippies if it wasn't as clumpy...but I just use an old pair of tweezers to separate and pinch lashes that are either clumpy or out of place. Removing this is easy for me using Pond's cold cream and gently rubbing my lashes between the pads of my thumb and index fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

Best Mascara ever . I get it in black and I love it so much that I always have to go to the store each month to buy a brand new one . I use it everyday . I LOVE IT !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by charchar5

Love this mascara. Adds mega volume that stays all day. Does tend to clump at the tips of each lash if you don't comb the brush through. Easily removed with aquaphor. My current go to mascara for volume along with The Rocket for length.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Milly17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

like this mascara and im fussy when it comes to them. lengthening and volumizing. good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TinaLeNguyen

My go to mascara! I'm quite a picky person when it comes to mascaras, I've used so many high end mascaras like baby doll by YSL but nothing compares to this one.

Pro's:
- No clumps at all
- Easy to apply extra layers
- Makes them look very fluttery and full

Con's:
- Smudges a little but barely noticeable
- Not very water proof

Overall it is my favourite mascara of all time and i would definitely stock up on this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by kirito

This was the first mascara I've purchased when I started out with makeup. (Maybe the formula changed since then? The packaging looks different from the picture on MUA so I'm not too sure if anything changed over the past few years.) At first, it seemed okay, nothing too impressive. I wanted to try the Falsies mascara, and when I did, it was clear to me that this mascara had a much bigger effect on the length and volume of my lashes. I think this mascara gives more of a fake eyelash effect in comparison to the Falsies.

Now that I have something to compare it to, I would say this mascara is much more effective for a dramatic look. It stays on for hours and is very pigmented. The brush is large, which allows more product to be distributed. It is a cheaper alternative to the Benefit They're Real mascara in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this is definitely more of a lengthening mascara than a volumizing one. it's so lengthening that it makes my lashes pop. the formula is on the wetter side and doesn't appear to have changed much in the 2-3 months i've been using it. this mascara does make my lashes feel drier and it does give it a slightly crispy / brittle feel, but it's not uncomfortably so. i have found that this mascara has a tendency to smudge on me especially when it's warmer, but at least it doesn't flake. the best way to apply this (for me at least) is to run the brush quickly through my lashes without letting it dry between coats. if i do let it dry and then apply more, i get the tarantula lash look which i do not like. like most other wp mascaras, this holds my curl beautifully. it's easy to remove and doesn't irritate my eyes. overall, this is a pretty good affordable mascara. i would repurchase this during the fall / winter months (to avoid warm weather smudging) and use it happily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabeee

I LOVE this product! The consistency is the best I've found yet! I was in love with the falsies for a long time, but I decided to give this a try after my second tube of falsies ran out. Some things I have learned- this product holds curl very well, the first coat you apply will make your lashes sooo much longer, but if you want volume, you need a second coat. By the second coat, your eyes will be transformed to long, voluminous lashed eyes! I will continue to repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

not sure if this tube was bad but this did nothing for my lashes. the formula was dry and there was barely a difference after 2 coats. i generally like maybelline mascaras but this one is a miss for me.