July 22, 2014 | 2296 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell of this perfume, but only when I can actually smell it! It is probably one of my all time favorite fragrances, but it will NOT last on me!! I get compliments within the first 15 minutes or so, but then the scent is long gone. Such a shame because I absolutely love it for the first 15 minutes. I don't know if it is just my chemistry with the fragrance or if it is just the EDT form, but I will not repurchase this until I can find a way to make it last.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

I fell in love with this fragrance while shopping. I had forgotten that Dior made this a permanent fragrance due to its popularity. I am currently wearing it right now, one spritz on my wrist about 5 hours ago. I can still smell it and I don't understand why people complain that it fades...As the fragrance dried down, I noticed that I've smelled this particular scent before and then went through my perfume stash. It smells very very similar to Bvlgari Omnia Amethyst. The Miss Dior L'eau is a bit different in that there is less sparkle? on initial contact. Additionally, I find that this fragrance lasts much longer on me then Bvlgari.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by niff524

I got this last week for my birthday from one of my best friends and it's such a lovely gift - I've always loved the brand and coveted the adorable bottle. While I was familiar and in love with the original Miss Dior Cherie, I had never tested the new spring/summer version so as soon as I got home, I tried it on. It happened to be a really hot day and I can say that Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is definitely a summer scent - it's clean, fresh and citrusy, perfect for a warm summer day. It's nothing like the original. From the reviews I gather I'm in the minority here, but I do prefer the original which I find to be more feminine and sophisticated. Don't get me wrong though! Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is not your average, generic citrus; the musk gives it depth and a grown-up, feminine dimension. It really is a lovely fragrance that is non-offensive and can be worn at any occasion. Still I would not wear this at night or on a date because it lacks allure... It is not a 'sexy' scent but is very versatile for the day. The bottle I have is 100ml so I don't think I'll be running out any time soon!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by amyelise

this is a great fragrance if only it lasted a bit longer on skin. on clothes it is better. definately springtime in a bottle, a very cute bottle at that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mikalotus

This is actually not my fragrance, it's my older sister's, and she just loooves it! It's her favorite scent until now and only God knows how many perfume she had! And I have to say, that I really like it as well! I like the sweet scent, yet it's really discrete, and it's very pleasant to smell. It's really fresh, and last really long, I can smell it on my sister through all the day. It's really springish! The package is also really sweet and nice, I like the bow. The only negative point is the price, this perfume is really expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by endlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I found this scent in a Teen Vogue magazine and instantly fell in love with it. Unlike the original Miss Dior Cherie, it's not grandma-like. The original and the L'eau version are two totally different scents. The L'eau is very fresh and reminds me of springtime. It has a clean, citrus, and a bit of floral scent to it. However, it doesn't last that long for me...maybe 5 hours at most. This scent is a bit too heavy to be worn on a daily basis but it's the perfect scent if you're going out at night. I personally don't wear it often because I think it's a bit "too much" to be used as a signature scent. It's also a bit pricey (got it discounted online ~$60USD for a 3.4oz) so I probably won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scents. I don't find it sweet, mind. To me it smells crisp and fresh. Not the typical orangy/lemony summer frag. Funny thing, though. On my skin this one and Kenzo Amour Florale (the new one in the white bottle) smell IDENTICAL. I tried both at Sephora and asked the SA girl what she thought w/o telling her they were different and she thought it was the same scent. So I asked her for a sample of each. I tried one on each wrist for three days and the result was the same: twin scents. Oh, and the Kenzo has more lasting power.

Good. Then I'll buy Kenzo's since it's much cheaper than Dior's. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On application of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau, my first thought was "WOW...SWEET!", the caramel perhaps, along with the bitter orange. I can immediatley detect the gardenia, which is quite pleasant when mixed with the slightly spicy aroma of the bitter orange as well as the aroma of violets. It's the slight spiciness which separates this fragrance from the slew of generic nice white florals currently permeating the market. I detect the sheer pleasing white musk base shortly after application.

This is a scent made for younger women, yet it's accomplished enough to be worn by a woman of any age. It's got decent sillage yet it's unoffensive and could be worn to work or for almost any occasion. It's a very versatile scent which can be worn with anything from casual wear to formal wear.

Overall I can recommend Miss Dior Cherie L'eau for any woman of any age for any occasion. Perfect.

More on Miss Dior Cherie L'eau:

Miss Dior Cherie l'Eau

Miss Dior Cherie l'Eau Perfume for Women by Dior
François Demachy, head perfumer at Dior at the moment, gave a dazzling spring-like fresh spin to the sweet standby Miss Dior Cherie for the warmer season and gave us a sparkling and distinctive floral scent blended with notes of tangy yet spicy bitter orange on top, gardenia and white musk that aims to sum up the certain 'je ne sais quoi' of the ultimate French girl. Its modern translucence and its lightly dewy feeling make for a refreshing take on green florals, in which lily of the valley and a budding, green gardenia dominate. A very soft, powdery dry-down, fluffy like an air-spun macaroon with green filling, completes the imagery of a young and well-bred Bardot, pouting in mischief.

Notes
Fruity notes, Caramel, Floral Notes, Gardenia, White Musk, dry woods, Bigarade Orange, Patchouli.

THE GARDENIA Miss Dior Cherie L’eau by Dior is a sparkling, simple mix of gardenia with jasmine, violet and strawberry leaves

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by jj14x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Mmmm very nice everyday perfume !!! Casual and for the office, especially is great for spring/summer I think. I definitely can smell some oranges/citrus in it but its not too strong so it doesnt bother me much. Nice blending of flowers and freshness to it. Not bad at all :) The staying power is good. Will definitely buy again, just so I have it :) Love, love, love.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by stilamila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is a fresh scent which is perfect for spring. I love it, it's very clean and cotton-y without being bland. The citrusy notes are perfectly balanced; not too overpowering but still there. My only complaint is the lack of staying power, this l'eau lasts five-six hours tops. If you are looking for an interesting spring scent fit for everyday life, the office etc. - go ahead and try it!