October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - High Definition Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by rachelk94

Bought this in lightest shade I thought this wouldn't cover much because of it's watery consistency. However it works quite well on my under eye circles. The coverage isn't great but the colour just seems to make my whole under eye area glow and look alot better. My foundation does most of the concealing but this seems to set it over the top. Has potential to be a great product just needs better coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by rca417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Picked this up at Sephora in the hopes that it would be the concealer I'd been looking for. I'm both very fair and anemic and, as a consequence of this, I have really dark undereye circles. The lightest shade of this is a great match, however I found that it just didn't cover as well as I was hoping it would. It gives a great brightening effect and, as such, can be used over other concealers to great effect. However, this layering process can be tricky and if not done properly, will look incredibly cakey and obvious. As another review mentioned, it's fantastic for blemishes and redness, but for under the eye...not so much. The packaging is nice; I like that it's in a cute, little, hygienic squeeze tube, but for the price, you certainly don't get enough and the product tends to go very quickly. I bought mine about a month and a half ago and, without even using it daily, I'm already to the point where I have to squeeze quite hard to get any product out. The color range is fantastic, but there's no way I would purchase this again. There are much higher quality products to be found in the drugstore, ones that not only cover better, but cost infinitely less. Sorry, Smashbox, this one just didn't do it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it can't be worn alone...i use it over my dior foundation and it looks fine (heh the foundation does 90% of the job), but when I use it alone it just doesn't work and my eyes start watering like crazy. I think it's really good for pimples and redness (if applied with their concelear brush) but absolutely not for dark circles...so, definitely I won't buy it again...Also, it doesn't last so long even though I got dry skin and I use day cream, smashbox photo finish primer, dior forever foundation before applying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beautyloverxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as i am on my ever lasting hunt for the perfect concealer for my dark under eye circles and this so far is the best concealer so far! I found that its a nice consistency and its not too think but not too thin it covers ups spots as well as under my eyes very well it covers up it doesnt cover it up all of my dark circles but it does cover most of it. I went to the mac counter when i was wearing this and i was getting matched up for a concealer and foundation and i said to the SA that i have really bad dark circles and she went to me "you do not have bad circles its barely noticable!" So it must be good as other people are saying that under my eyes are good so this stuff is realy good. Definately going to buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this too greasy, with no staying power, and the coverage wasn't great. It seemed to be just the matching foundation, but in a smaller tube. The 'light' shade was quite dark too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kmciolli

I like this product, but it does not have as much coverage for a concealer as I would have liked.

I bought this product not for under-eye circles but to cover up some acne and red spots. It doesn't really go on that well over dry skin, and has a tendency to emphasize it. However on moisturized skin, it did blend well. I think I may have bought a shade too light, but that was my own fault.

Overall I think this would be better for someone who wants a sheer concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first concealer purchase. I have really bad undereye circles, and originally I bought this to cover those. It doesn't cover them on me, but I do use this concealer on other spots on my face and it covers those well. I bought this in "Fair" and the colour is a little too orange for me. It does cover my blemishes, and is very easy to blend into my skin. It is light enough I can put a concealer closer to my skin tone on top of it, and I love using it like that. I also love the tube packaging, although it is very easy to squeeze out too much so be careful!! If this was lighter/less orange it would be my HG product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mcobos1992

Greasy! Oily! Slides off and creases. Little to no coverage. Nuff said.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I tried this for a while and then came to this conclusion that I really did not care for it at all. This might be decent for dry skins but definitely, not for oily skins. It melts on my skin and looks very shiny. It goes into fine lines and looks terrible in the natural light. I am NC30 and I used this in medium shade but it looked orange. The only good thing about this product was that it spread well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by terberter

Great for my oily skin! The medium tone blends perfectly with my skin, and I only have to dab with my finger to get the result I want - no brush needed! Compared to my pervious Stila Brighten & Conceal concealer pen, this product has stepped up the concealing game for me.