August 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - High Definition Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beautyloverxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as i am on my ever lasting hunt for the perfect concealer for my dark under eye circles and this so far is the best concealer so far! I found that its a nice consistency and its not too think but not too thin it covers ups spots as well as under my eyes very well it covers up it doesnt cover it up all of my dark circles but it does cover most of it. I went to the mac counter when i was wearing this and i was getting matched up for a concealer and foundation and i said to the SA that i have really bad dark circles and she went to me "you do not have bad circles its barely noticable!" So it must be good as other people are saying that under my eyes are good so this stuff is realy good. Definately going to buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this too greasy, with no staying power, and the coverage wasn't great. It seemed to be just the matching foundation, but in a smaller tube. The 'light' shade was quite dark too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kmciolli

I like this product, but it does not have as much coverage for a concealer as I would have liked.

I bought this product not for under-eye circles but to cover up some acne and red spots. It doesn't really go on that well over dry skin, and has a tendency to emphasize it. However on moisturized skin, it did blend well. I think I may have bought a shade too light, but that was my own fault.

Overall I think this would be better for someone who wants a sheer concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first concealer purchase. I have really bad undereye circles, and originally I bought this to cover those. It doesn't cover them on me, but I do use this concealer on other spots on my face and it covers those well. I bought this in "Fair" and the colour is a little too orange for me. It does cover my blemishes, and is very easy to blend into my skin. It is light enough I can put a concealer closer to my skin tone on top of it, and I love using it like that. I also love the tube packaging, although it is very easy to squeeze out too much so be careful!! If this was lighter/less orange it would be my HG product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mcobos1992

Greasy! Oily! Slides off and creases. Little to no coverage. Nuff said.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I tried this for a while and then came to this conclusion that I really did not care for it at all. This might be decent for dry skins but definitely, not for oily skins. It melts on my skin and looks very shiny. It goes into fine lines and looks terrible in the natural light. I am NC30 and I used this in medium shade but it looked orange. The only good thing about this product was that it spread well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by terberter

Great for my oily skin! The medium tone blends perfectly with my skin, and I only have to dab with my finger to get the result I want - no brush needed! Compared to my pervious Stila Brighten & Conceal concealer pen, this product has stepped up the concealing game for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I like the formulation and I feel that this is not drying and very good for undereye area. However, I have some sun spots that this does not completely cover and also wears off. I wish Smashbox would have a more full coverage product. I used to love their full coverage cream foundation which was perfect but sadly discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by kitty74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This concealer is nearly perfect for me. A little product goes a long way, sorta. What I mean is that for my under eyes just a dot will completely " wake up" that area. I wear glasses with transition lenses ( lenses that automatically darken in light) and these lenses can throw shadows giving you circles. This concealer combats that. On the downside I have two dark spots on my face that smashbox doesn't cover no matter how much product I put on. So for waking up areas and for extra color correcting for redness this product is great. If you need extra coverage for more serious discolorations such as acne scars you will need to look elsewhere. Plus at 18.50 at my local Sephora it isn't cheap but then it's Smashbox.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tomatomuffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for nearly 4 years now. I'm not a huge fan of concealer, as they tend to make me break out, and this one is no exception. It's also a little difficult to spread, exaggerates flaking, and tends to dry out my skin. That said, it's also the only one I've tried that stays on. It doesn't disappear after a couple hours, or wipe off, or sink into my skin. It covers.

I don't know if they are still selling this in tubes (What I currently have is about a year old), but if they do, try to get it in one with a pop-cap. The small tube tends to make things messy, especially since the cap (not a pop-cap, but one that removes completely) doesn't like to stay on. Too many times I would throw this guy into a purse or coat pocket, only later to find smears of concealer all over.

Since I don't need to use it often (mostly for dark circles and the occasional scar), I've stuck with it. However, if I had the money and patience, I'd probably have searched for a better product.