Smashbox High Definition Concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propanediol, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Methicone, Ribose, Soy Isoflavones, Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Salicylate, Lysolecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aspartame, Soybean Germ Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 8/9/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I’ve had this concealer for about 5 months now, I like it but I don’t love it unfortunately. I went into Sephora asking one of the lovely ladies there what they would recommend as a good under eye concealer and they directed me to this.
The consistency is very thin which I appreciate for under the eyes, but compromises coverage. I don’t find that this covers my dark circles fully but it’s the most natural look. I just can’t use it alone, and I HAVE to use it on top of another color corrector if I want to look awake and ready. But I do love it for the color (Medium); the color matches me better than any other concealer I’ve tried for not just under my eyes but for other areas of my face.
I’m around an NC37-42 depending on how tan the sun feels like making me. I actually like mixing this with my daily moisturizer because the color works so well for my skin tone, there’s a bit of a peachy undertone to it, which I enjoy because I feel like it brightens up my face instead of looking gray as yellow toned concealers will do. I find that if I don’t use some sort of primer it will fade quickly by the 3rd or 4th hour. All in all if I’m in a hurry to run errands I’ll just put this on so I look decent. I probably won’t repurchase this for the price it was & the amount that’s given, but seems to work nicely for a lot of other people. You never know if you don’t try! :)

on 8/4/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Eh, this was just okay. I bought it because I ran out of another concealer and my local Shoppers didn't carry it, so I just picked up this one. Was rather runny, didn't conceal very well. Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

When the assistant tried this on me, she said to walk around the store for a few minutes, come back and see how the concealer has blended out imperfections. She applied some to my mum's under eye area and as we walked around the store it was amazing how the product started working and mum's eyes looked brighter and smoother! I adore this product, the only difficulty I have is getting hold of it as Smashbox has closed in my local debenhams and it's usually sold out online! Also, towards the end of the tube, it is very difficult to tease the last few drops out without cutting the tube in half. It is a bit on the pricey side for the small amount.

on 5/4/2013 5:18:00 PM

Bought this in lightest shade I thought this wouldn't cover much because of it's watery consistency. However it works quite well on my under eye circles. The coverage isn't great but the colour just seems to make my whole under eye area glow and look alot better. My foundation does most of the concealing but this seems to set it over the top. Has potential to be a great product just needs better coverage.

on 4/13/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Picked this up at Sephora in the hopes that it would be the concealer I'd been looking for. I'm both very fair and anemic and, as a consequence of this, I have really dark undereye circles. The lightest shade of this is a great match, however I found that it just didn't cover as well as I was hoping it would. It gives a great brightening effect and, as such, can be used over other concealers to great effect. However, this layering process can be tricky and if not done properly, will look incredibly cakey and obvious. As another review mentioned, it's fantastic for blemishes and redness, but for under the eye...not so much. The packaging is nice; I like that it's in a cute, little, hygienic squeeze tube, but for the price, you certainly don't get enough and the product tends to go very quickly. I bought mine about a month and a half ago and, without even using it daily, I'm already to the point where I have to squeeze quite hard to get any product out. The color range is fantastic, but there's no way I would purchase this again. There are much higher quality products to be found in the drugstore, ones that not only cover better, but cost infinitely less. Sorry, Smashbox, this one just didn't do it for me.

on 4/12/2013 5:26:00 AM

it can't be worn alone...i use it over my dior foundation and it looks fine (heh the foundation does 90% of the job), but when I use it alone it just doesn't work and my eyes start watering like crazy. I think it's really good for pimples and redness (if applied with their concelear brush) but absolutely not for dark circles...so, definitely I won't buy it again...Also, it doesn't last so long even though I got dry skin and I use day cream, smashbox photo finish primer, dior forever foundation before applying it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this as i am on my ever lasting hunt for the perfect concealer for my dark under eye circles and this so far is the best concealer so far! I found that its a nice consistency and its not too think but not too thin it covers ups spots as well as under my eyes very well it covers up it doesnt cover it up all of my dark circles but it does cover most of it. I went to the mac counter when i was wearing this and i was getting matched up for a concealer and foundation and i said to the SA that i have really bad dark circles and she went to me "you do not have bad circles its barely noticable!" So it must be good as other people are saying that under my eyes are good so this stuff is realy good. Definately going to buy again

on 4/6/2013 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this too greasy, with no staying power, and the coverage wasn't great. It seemed to be just the matching foundation, but in a smaller tube. The 'light' shade was quite dark too.

on 3/26/2013 12:19:00 AM

I like this product, but it does not have as much coverage for a concealer as I would have liked.

I bought this product not for under-eye circles but to cover up some acne and red spots. It doesn't really go on that well over dry skin, and has a tendency to emphasize it. However on moisturized skin, it did blend well. I think I may have bought a shade too light, but that was my own fault.

Overall I think this would be better for someone who wants a sheer concealer.

on 2/23/2013 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This was my first concealer purchase. I have really bad undereye circles, and originally I bought this to cover those. It doesn't cover them on me, but I do use this concealer on other spots on my face and it covers those well. I bought this in "Fair" and the colour is a little too orange for me. It does cover my blemishes, and is very easy to blend into my skin. It is light enough I can put a concealer closer to my skin tone on top of it, and I love using it like that. I also love the tube packaging, although it is very easy to squeeze out too much so be careful!! If this was lighter/less orange it would be my HG product.

Top Rated Smashbox Products