December 19, 2014 | 1189 users online

Powder - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder - 02 Stay Neutral

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by daddysgirl198745

I HATE this. It made me even more oily and it made me breakout like CRAZY! I would not recommend this product to people with oily skin. I am going back to what i used before, Neutrogena.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

CONS: this is such a standard/nothing special pressed powder; it doesn't do anything "special' to the overall look of your makeup; doesn't keep skin matte all day; it says it's oil free but eventually you will start to notice some shine in your normally oily areas, requiring touch up; there are much better quality powders at a much cheaper price. This is so average that I regret making this purchase; no SPF; gives a slight cakey/powdered look to your overall makeup so it's not really "sheer" as it says.

PROS: can't think of any.

@ $24.00 CDN b4 taxes, this is a total waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is just okay. not much different from any other pressed powder out there. easily comparable to a drugstore brand. isn't worth the $30 it costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ladymitsuko2000

i would say this product is a GARBAGE..
i live in a humid country in which they sell this powder for USD 35...
it doesnt control shine, in fact the blended face powder does much better job in controlling oil, and it cause my skin to itch..
color blending is bad as well..
try Bobbi brown sheer powder ...much better result!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by abbie106

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

im editing my old review after coming back to this product a few months later. im not really sure why i hated it so much, because i absolutely adore it now. i think i was applying wayyy too much because i was going through a look-so-matte-you-look-dead phase. now, its perfect to put over some liquid foundation. it lasts a long time, and gives a perfect, glowy matte finish. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to always use this, switched to Shiseido (the sunscreen in it I was allergic to) then switched back to this(sunscreen FREE). It is very light and is good for setting a tinted moisturizer with a matte finish. VERY light coverage though, don't get this if you are expecting it to cover anything. It just covers up redness and makes you face matte.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by cicetin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this product. It does nothing to control the shine even though I have a combined skin. It has no effect or whatsoever. Also I think the sponge is rubbish. So regretting having bought this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by xxkaykisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder for when you simply want to set your powder, and not get any coverage from it. This + a Matte primer help my skin stay pretty matte all day. I wear this on its own when I want a natural look with minimal coverage. I'm NW20 and this works perfectly! I really enjoy this powder. There are probably betters out there, but I would repurchase this again. This is not to pricey at $19; I'd say it's middle of the road, just like it's performance.
Id buy this if:
-You don't want any coverage from your powder
- like matte finishing powders
- don't want SPF
- like clinique's allergy tested, fragrance free motto

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by tracccy

I used this powder 5 or 6 years ago, and I can't figure out why I ever stopped. I just picked this up again yesterday and I love it. I had been using a tinted moisturizer under loose mineral powder. It wasn't giving me the coverage I wanted, but I didn't want to try anything with more coverage in fear that I would end up looking and feeling like I had a ton of makeup on. This powder is really a great solution for people who want the coverage while still using only a little bit of product. I use this over foundation, so I only need to brush on a little bit to set my foundation. It looks flawless and feels weightless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by BlondeWithBrains

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yay: Keeps its promises
Nay: Likely you'll have to replace often. And it's not cheap
I love this powder. I've been incredibly underwhelmed with Clinique's liquid foundation offerings, but their powders are great. I'm incredibly conscious of my skin's tendency to blind with its shininess, but this mattifies in seconds. It's hard to tell whether this is long lasting or not because I think I use it more often than most, so others would probably find theirs lasts longer than mine does. It doesn't clog pores, and I haven't had any spots as a result of using the powder. The compact is sturdy, which is great as mine lives in my school bag, and I feel the thin plastic cases of others would crack really easily. I'd definitely buy this again, but when I start having to fund my own facial makeup, I may have to look for a cheaper option.