October 25, 2014 | 1555 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Neutrogena - Ageless Essentials Continuous Hydration Eye Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

Alas too rich for me, brought me out in pimples around the orbital bone, so now I'm using the rest up on the back of my hands. I have combination skin and really am better off with gel or serum consistency products around my eyes. I'm really loving the intensive moisturiser, so if you have dry skin at all this would probably work really well for you. Experienced no irritation in the five nights that I used it. I didn't use it long enough to notice a reduction in fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BRosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product. I already finished one little tube, it lasted me 3+ months give or take, using it every morning and night. I just need a very little amount in each eye. I really feel it does provide continuous hydration specially on my under eye area. Love the texture, so soft! I have very sensitive eyes and this cream didn't cause me any reaction (I remember the Bioré See the Future Eye Cream -- ouch!). I consider it does provides lasting hydration. I works well under my concealer.

About diminishing the appearance of dark circles, I don't have very dark circles so I can't tell. I like the packaging. I do think it's a bit pricey for a DS product, but you can always check for sales.

Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jcki

I bought this product after reading positive reviews here and because I was running out of my all about eyes. I have never experienced a bad reaction to a skin product, and consider my skin relatively tolerable... However, after a few nights of using this eye cream, my eye area became dry, itchy, flaky and swollen! I thought it may have been due to something else, so I let me skin recover and tried it again... Same thing hapoened, unfortunately (though the second time was not as bad becaus I stopped as soon as the slightest irritation appeared). I suspect an allergic reaction, but am surprised that I had such reaction. I was really hoping this product would work for me since it claims to provid continuous hydration and winters are so dry where I live. Would return it if I could find the receipt and definitely won't be repurchasing. Going back to good old clinique.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried tons of eye creams, including drugstore's and high end's. I will say this one is worth the money what it costs. other than more math $20 or $40 dollars for only 15 grams high end eye creams, this one will only cost you $12.99. However, I will only recommend this eye cream to those who are not in any eye area problems like wrinkles, puffniess, or dark circles. If you wish this eye cream will reduce your already existing wrinkles or dark circles I will say this $12.99 product will def not. BUT what it does is to prevent and prevent is the key. It hydrates your eyes and prevents your eyes from getting wrinkles. I willl def continue purchasing it until my eyes need more protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by svetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous product! It's inexpensive and very affordable. It takes some time to get fully absorbed, but you are left with plump, smooth skin around eyes. I do not care much about anti-aging benefits as I use Rx, so I need it mostly in the morning. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, you only need a tiny amount to completely cover both lids and it doesn't impair my vision if I accidentally put too much. Overall, great product from Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I like this eye cream alot. Its creamy, nice texture, hydrating, moisturizing, barely scented, works good under makeup, & very easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this eyecream because of the positive reviews on this site. I used this eyecream last night and awoke to very irritated eyes. The packaging is great, it's creamy and the consistency is good - it's not runny or too thick. Since this cream did not agree with my extremely sensitive eyes, I will not repurchase. However, if you don't have extremely sensitive eyes, this would be a decent cream for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

I really like this product! Its just works so well on me!Like reading the not so good review about this product makes me shock! It did reduce my wrinkles and dark circles! i just love it!<3 :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by eyeleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

pros: nice clean packaging, smooth under makeup, gentle (doesn't burn or sting), absorbs nicely

cons: doesn't do crap for dark circles, no matter how much sleep I get.

I'm only 25 and stay out of the sun. I use eye cream for dark circles and because I don't like feeling any kind of tightness around my eyes after I wash my face. Also it's my theory that the real way to prevent aging is to start treating wrinkles etc before they start.

This isn't a horrible product, but I won't repurchase because this was nothing special and there are so many other brands to try. (Maybe something else will work on my dark circles). I was expecting a little bit more from this product - I feel it works the same way a mild unscented face lotion would. If I didn't know I put it on the night before, I wouldn't be able to tell by looking in the mirror the next morning. (I've been using this for about 6 weeks).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Itai

This eyecream does moisturize well, but I didn't notice any difference in my dark circle (it claims to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness). I did notice that the puffiness has reduced though.

The tube is really cute and hygienic. I really like the texture of the cream. It goes on smoothly and my concealer doesn't crease in the fine with this cream (it didn't crease without the cream either...). It didn't reduce my little fine lines, which is disappointing. It's been 3 weeks that I'm using it twice daily. I'll update if I see any difference in my dark circles and fine lines.

It costs around 14$ CAN.