April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by queenofga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. I'm an NW45, and this is a good 'neutral' plum color, appropriate for the corporate office where i work as a manager. I wear it with either mac's bittersweet or chestnut liner. I like plumful because you can wear one 'swipe' for a simple barely-there look, or swipe on some more to build the color. even still, it's sheer enough so that you end up with a professional look and not an opaque look. even with a ton on, it's not too bold. pink with a splash of purple, and i'd describe it as the purple version of Mac's Sweetie color. def recommend and i think it'd actually work well for any skintone. my new HG. was previously wearing hug me with the chestnut liner as my neutral/nude, which still works, but this is a nice, welcome change. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by eyejayare

Love this lipstick. I saw EssieButton had it and gave it a rave review and I was starting a new job and bought this as a treat. The colour is a really lovely mauvey plum - the pay off is pretty good but because it's a lustre it builds up quite well from almost sheer to quite opaque. Everyone compliments me when I wear it. It really does suit all skin tones.
Price is fine - MAC lipsticks are so moisturising and smell great so I'm happy to pay $36 AUD for a decent lipstick. It outperforms other brands I have and doesn't compare to Tom Ford, Illamasqua or even Chanel as far as bang for buck.
I think MAC packaging is reasonable for the price but inevitably the silver writing rubs off everything after a few days in my bag.
Totally worth a try if you don't want anything too dramatic or don't usually wear lipstick. Great colour and works day, night, work, casual - anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because of all the rave reviews I've heard (from Lily Pebbles & essiebutton on YT). It was my first MAC purchase ever. lol. Still not quite sure how I avoided MAC for so long. But anyway, this is a great color. It does remind me of something but whatever it is, I don't have it anymore. It's bright without being too bright. I thought it would be similar to NARS Damage but Plumful is darker & less sheer. I'm happy I have both, esp since its a color that works well on me (NW10)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Plumful-a beautiful, pick me up shade on my NC20 skin which doesn't look too done up, yet can be dressed up. I love the scent and the packaging is simple yet sturdy. It is drying, so you do need to layer this with a balm. If I don't, my lips start to get very dry. Great for everyday wear!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I left a review for this actually mistaking it for syrup as I have both. Syrup and Plumful are very similar however Syrup is a lustre finish and Plumful is cremesheen. Plumful is a medium mauve shade. It is fairly dark with my skin tone however it does suit me. It is a nice change from my usual pink lipsticks. I have worn it twice in the day but it would look very nice in the evening with smokey eyes. I would definitely recommend to those looking for a change and I believe it is most flattering on cool skin tones.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by UnleashDarkness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mac is well known for their vast array of lipsticks in different finishes and a multitude of colours.I've wanted an everyday lipstick but all the nude-ish pinkish colours did not appeal to my mom but this one did.It's a lovely plummy colour that suits my Middle eastern complexion.It goes on smoothly and has the typical Mac vanilla scent which I adore.On the downside it does not last long at all and I have to keep reapplying it during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Lolopop93

My most recent MAC lipstick purchase. I've been kinda sorta loving my MAC lippies lately, so I decided to go buy another one. I was originally going to get "Syrup" but they were sold out, so I tried this instead. I love it! It's a lovely pop of color without being too bright, so if you want a bright yet still sophisticated lipstick, I would recommend this. This one is moisturizing and it's a lustre finish, so it's a bit shiny (but not overly so) and it's kinda sheer, which I like. I like the lustres because they're easy to apply and can be done without a mirror for me so I don't really mind that much that the staying power isn't great. I don't have a color like this in my collection, so I'm glad I picked Plumful up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another MAC lipstick that I am only mildly enthusiastic about. On my neutral, slightly yellow skin (dark hair and eyes), this looks plum w a big shot of fuschia. It is a v fun color and v bright, although it wears down to a soft pretty version of itself. I love the color and yet I always feel a little overdone in it.

Pros
Moisturizing
The Color is charming
Doesn't have much of a scent
Layers quite nicely
Nice finish - not super glossy and yet a little shiny

Cons
Tends to feather v easily
so so staying power
VERY transferable - teeth, coffee cups

I bought this on impulse. I wear when I want to dress up just a little bit or on very grey days.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

This could be a great lipstick for the right person. It's a classic pinkish plum and so wearable. It is pretty, and I do wear it often. But it's a bit sheer for my taste. I have to reapply often. The color is pretty, it's the finish that I don't love. I like it, I just don't love it. Lustre's are just a little too sheer for me. I like a heavier dose of color so that I can choose to go dramatic with it, or dab it on lightly for a lighter look. This finish is the kind where you could swipe it over your lips over and over and it still won't be too much color. So if you are looking for that type of lipstick, this is great! If you want something more dramatic go with an amplified cream sheen or just a cream sheen. Pretty color though. Goes with any sort of eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice color for cool skins. It is an everyday color for me. Easy to apply without mirror. But its staying power is zero.