October 24, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You know, I'm puzzled by how awful this looks on me. I am cool toned, and I swatched it on my hand in the store. It looked pretty nice in there. Things with a purple cast usually look fabu on me. Not this one, though. I think the main problem is that once it is on my lips, it pulls really Fuchsia. The added hot pinkness doesn't suit me because I already have a lot of pink in my skin. I like the texture of it though. If I loved the color, I would buy it again because it is long-lasting and not drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

I've just Back2Maced 6 empties for this lipstick. And I love it! I'm sort of happy because I always end up choosing lipsticks I never use but this one is a keeper.

It is definitely a MLBB lipstick, not too 'look at my lips' ideal for working days or travel, but sure it can look stunning with a smokey eye. I'm pretty sure it'll look good almost on everyone.

And I adore Lustre finish, it makes your lips kissable and smooth.

So what else can I say? Read other Ladies' helpful reviews, they've said it all. Thanks to them I've just found a new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by breyerchic04

This is one of two lipsticks I've ever emptied, I love it and am halfway through my second. It's a nearly opaque medium plum shade with no shimmer and just a bit of gloss. Totally appropriate for everyday wear or nights out. The only downside is it does rub off on cups and other faces easier than most of my lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by LluviaP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could only have 1 lipstick for the rest of my life I would pick this one. It's the perfect color for fall, and you can get away with wearing it during the summer as well! It apply beautifully without creasing! Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Ng15

This lipstick is AMAZING! I really love luster lipsticks because they are sheer pigmentation but builds easily. Plumful is great for a wash of color and just adds the perfect amount of color to your lips, and the perfect color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by ang0990

I would DEFINITELY buy this lipstick again verysoon(running low). this was my first MAC product ever and im still loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by FionaNiamh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Plumful is my one of my fav MAC lipsticks of all time, because of the fact that it is a lustre it does not come out as dark as what it looks in the bullet, but this does not mean that you are not able to get this colour when layed Plumful can look exactly what it looks like in the bullet. I would recommend this lipstick to anyone well worth the price i will be running back for another one as soon as my one runs out. Looks great during the day time with just one coat, but when layerd can also give a nice and dramatic look for an evening out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by queenofga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. I'm an NW45, and this is a good 'neutral' plum color, appropriate for the corporate office where i work as a manager. I wear it with either mac's bittersweet or chestnut liner. I like plumful because you can wear one 'swipe' for a simple barely-there look, or swipe on some more to build the color. even still, it's sheer enough so that you end up with a professional look and not an opaque look. even with a ton on, it's not too bold. pink with a splash of purple, and i'd describe it as the purple version of Mac's Sweetie color. def recommend and i think it'd actually work well for any skintone. my new HG. was previously wearing hug me with the chestnut liner as my neutral/nude, which still works, but this is a nice, welcome change. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by eyejayare

Love this lipstick. I saw EssieButton had it and gave it a rave review and I was starting a new job and bought this as a treat. The colour is a really lovely mauvey plum - the pay off is pretty good but because it's a lustre it builds up quite well from almost sheer to quite opaque. Everyone compliments me when I wear it. It really does suit all skin tones.
Price is fine - MAC lipsticks are so moisturising and smell great so I'm happy to pay $36 AUD for a decent lipstick. It outperforms other brands I have and doesn't compare to Tom Ford, Illamasqua or even Chanel as far as bang for buck.
I think MAC packaging is reasonable for the price but inevitably the silver writing rubs off everything after a few days in my bag.
Totally worth a try if you don't want anything too dramatic or don't usually wear lipstick. Great colour and works day, night, work, casual - anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because of all the rave reviews I've heard (from Lily Pebbles & essiebutton on YT). It was my first MAC purchase ever. lol. Still not quite sure how I avoided MAC for so long. But anyway, this is a great color. It does remind me of something but whatever it is, I don't have it anymore. It's bright without being too bright. I thought it would be similar to NARS Damage but Plumful is darker & less sheer. I'm happy I have both, esp since its a color that works well on me (NW10)