September 17, 2014 | 1950 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Harsimran1324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My relationship with this foundation is complicated. First off, I am around the NC 35-37 shade. It was very difficult to find a shade match (which has never been an issue for me). I had to settle for shade 6.5 which was slightly more pink and lighter than I am used to.

On certain days, it gives my skin an ashy / gray appearance but on other days, it makes my skin glow. I figured out that when I mixed this foundation with another foundation (to even out my complexion), it would give me this awful gray cast.

I decided to use this as my winter foundation since using it alone gives me a luminosity that my skin lacks in the colder weather.

It slightly accentuates my dry patches around my nose in the winter so I just have to be careful.

I don't like the pump. It's very low quality because it just gets dirty too easily. Doesn't control the amount dispensed very well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm N20-NC25, pretty yellow. I have a decent match with a mixture of 4.5 and 5.5 (5 will not work, as it's pink). For reference, these shades do not directly correlate with luminous silk colors. Also, there's some debate on which colors are yellow undertones and which are pink. Ime, it seems like the half numbers are yellow.

When you apply it, it looks gorgeous. It doesn't get cakey even when you layer, and it has a slightly dewy, slightly matte finish. Very easy for achieving beautiful, natural looks. Coverage can go up to around medium.

Unfortunately, this just does not last on my oily skin, even when I buff it in and powder. Just 30 minutes after applying it to my face, I was already getting oily. Lasting power and oil control do not cut it. That's not okay, and especially not for something that's $59.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by JosephineC

I really like this foundation, and after a sample I just bought my first bottle. Lasts all day on my oily, sensitive skin and looks super natural. Much better than the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk than wears super fast and more natural/ liquid than chanel perfection lumiere.Still get oily but its the best I've found so far. I use my fingers, and just one pump! (And I was able to find a perfect color match=awesome)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by coocheecoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many foundations, but there are so many out there really do enhance your lines, which is not what any of us want at any age.

I love this foundation, you need the tiniest amount and it just blends effortlessly, it gives my skin a subtle glow and I don't feel like I am wearing anything. I don't wear any powder over the top, but primer and it stays all day; saying that I have normal skin, so can't quote on other skin types. I apply then blend with the Shiseido foundation brush, which is amazing.

I am medium skin tone and when I went to Selfridges in Manchester the chap there said my ideal colour would be a 7, I thought this would be far too dark, but purchased, he was indeed correct, in the winter months when my skin goes lighter I will purchase a lighter shade and blend both.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by ecek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all this product is really expensive. But it do its job well. It is a very liquid foundation like a water? and provide you perfect finish. It is not matte foundation it makes your skin glowing without shine. It look like your natural skin.but it is a little bit tricky to figure out how to apply. first you apply water based moisturizer then you pumped up the foundation on your hand and spray something like mac fix plus. after that I apply 2 different ways to apply it first I wet my 187 brush with fix plus and dabbed in to skin with circular motions.It provide an airbrushed look . If I am out of time after I mix mac fix plus and foundation ,with my fingers I put it on to my nose area then forehead cheeks and chin. Then spread it out with my beauty blender. It provide a natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by loonylou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a teenager suffering from acne and oily skin. I usually go for matte foundation, not because i like the finish, but i thought it was better for my very oily skin. Until i found this. The finish is BEAUTIFUL and the silky liquid glides easily over my imperfections and red cheeks, making my skin look almost doll like! I use it over smashbox primer and under chanel compact powder which i love! For the first time in my life i can look in a mirror and not cringe when i see my skin! i do have to touch up with powder once or twice but normally i can leave it for a while as the oil with this foundation makes my skin look dewy instead of a greasy oil slick! Definately preferable! The colour range is good as i have very pale skin and it matches perfectly! Overall i would say that this foundation is gorgous! Beautiful finish, lasting power and coverage is easily buildable( but i do sometimes have to add a little concealer). What else can i say... I LOVE YOU!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

I agree with one of the other reviewer's that the pigment in this foundation is almost too rich, so it looks very fake on my skin, no matter how little I use. It makes my skin texture look much worse than what I started with. It lasts well, which is it's only good feature, although still looks horrible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this because I love Luminous Silk, only it doesn't last very long on me. I found Lasting Silk very similar to Luminous actually - the same lovely finish, as far as I could tell. But I didn't buy it because, really, it's not that long-lasting. It transfers really easily, which is a pet hate of mine with foundations. So I didn't buy it.

Having said that, I'm sure this would be a great foundation for someone not bothered about the transferring and short face-life. The finish is very natural, with a "glow". Light coverage, but somehow seems to even out blemishes anyway. I definitely looked better with this on than with the foundation I'd started the day with, although that could have been partly due to the application (the SA put it on for me).

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this a few months ago. i have oily acne prone skin, i am an nc30-35 and i purchased #6 in this foundation...the color match was pretty good just a tad too light in the winter time.

it has light to medium coverage and first thing i noticed was how silky and light it felt on my skin, has a semi-matte finish, and indeed is a luxurious product.it blends so easily so using your fingers isnt a problem.

for a while i couldnt think of what the scent of this foundation reminded me of..but now i know!!! it smells just like cetaphils cleanser for normal to oily skin...i actually like the scent.

even though it claims to be long lasting, it doesnt really last on my face, even if i set with powder..maybe 5 hours tops in ac environment, but once my face feels heat and humidity, it's like im not even wearing foundation by the time i go home..

i think this would be lovely for normal, and combo dry skin which is why im not lowering the rating(id wanted to rate it 3.5). this foundation just isnt for my skin.

it retails for $59, but i got it when their website was offering 20% off

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by puka13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I should have taken their claim of water based foundation as a red flag lol Water and oil do not mix. I have very oily skin (with hyperpimentation scars that i like to hide lol), which i have learned to live with. No single foundation is going to last for a full school day on my skin type. I get oily in an hour or two with any foundation, I do not mind blotting... as long as the foundation looks uniform after i blot!
I understand there are trade offs with any type of foundation, no matter what the price.
I washed my face, put on my chanel hydramax gel moisturizer then the foundation with a clean foundation brush. then spot corrected with chanel long lasting concealer
After an hour i went to the bathroom to touch up
This foundation separated into a blotchy mess. It oxidized into a weird orangey darker color. My pores were accentuated. I just washed my face and put on the Giorgio Armani powder foudation (which i love).
This foundation was not for my skin type at all, but i still use other giorgio armani products.
Just because i had a bad experience does not mean someone else might love it

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No