Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:Octinoxate (3), Titanium Dioxide (6.2), INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITOL BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, IRON OXIDES]

on 1/24/2014 11:16:00 AM

This is a fantastic foundation. It gives a smoothing matte finish, covers well but still leaves skin looking very clean and natural. It's a great, natural looking colour. I find this to be very long lasting on my young combination skin, which is quite rare. The only flaw I can find is the SPF as i prefer a foundation not to flash back, but it's not enough to stop me giving it 5 stars.. an excellent foundation.

on 1/14/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great foundation. It feels light on the skin, gives very good coverage, not a full though. When I apply it, my skin looks super smooth. Very blendable foundation. It didn't break me out and I love the colour which is 4.5 (I am NC 15-20 in MAC). It lasts quite a long time on my oily skin, maybe not as long as my EL double wear but it lasts 8-9 hours for sure. It doesn't look cakey but natural and I love it. I know its expensive but this is a very good foundation.
It really feels like silk on the face. Very impressed.

on 1/7/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Out of all the GA foundations I've tried this came the closest to fitting the bill as it had a nice matt finish. Unfortunately it settled a little into lines and was too pale (they didn't go above #7).

on 12/25/2013 9:58:00 PM

This a very nice liquid foundation. I have just got my 3rd bottle. )) I would say it is best for me. It lays smooth and nice giving a full coverage without heavy feeling on my skin. Since I have normal to dry skin type I have to moisturize it well before applying make-up. 1 bottle stays with me usually 3-4 months and I believe its just because I prefer the sponge application and do waste this really expensive thing. The package is nice, but I still like the older look of bottle more.

on 12/24/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanna give it a high rating but I am disappointed after using for a few weeks. I am using shade 2 and I think it matches my skin tone but unluckily it oxidizes very soon, looking dull and darken.

It was really flawless and perfect for the first hour. Beautiful finish and brightens up face. But it's not long lasting at all. And my t zone becomes oily after few hours and my pores look visible.

And I don't like that alcohol smell.

on 12/3/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love Luminous Silk foundation and wear it in #5 (I'm about MAC NC25) and when I ran out, I went to the store to buy another bottle.

I asked for Luminous Silk (and even had my old bottle with me to show her!), and the lady must have accidentally wrapped this one for me. When I got home I noticed the bottle looked different - it had a frosty sheen - but the colour was #5 and and thought perhaps it had changed, and decided to use it figuring the colour would match. When I applied it it was awful. Chalky, dry, waaay too light for my skin, not yellow enough like Luminous Silk was. I'm guessing this is due to the addition of titanium dioxide for SPF in the Lasting Silk. When I applied a drop of Luminous Silk on my hand next to drop of Lasting Silk, even though both are #5 the colours are completely different. It dragged and skipped across the skin when I used my foundation brush, sponge or fingers. Sure it was long-lasting, it clung to every dry or oily patch. It also feels heavier and more matte instead of nice, light and natural like Luminous Silk was. By the end of the day, my skin felt super dry. I tried wearing it 2 more times but it's not for me.

I absolutely hate this foundation. It may work for oilier skin, with no dry patches who want a longer lasting foundation but for me this looked like a dry pale mask. I figured I would put this review out there that if you have combo/slightly drier skin and love Luminous Silk but perhaps want to try Lasting Silk - get a SAMPLE first!! I will try to return this if I can.

on 12/3/2013 8:12:00 PM

I would definitely not recommend this foundation to anyone with acne or sensitive skin. In Australia this was $90 and the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. There is the strongest smell of sunscreen/bathroom cleaner and completely broke out my skin, did not cover much at all and was expecting so much from the glowing reviews from beauty gurus. I tried everything from primer and pore smoothers to get this foundation looking nice but it didn't. Very disappointed to say the least.

on 11/15/2013 4:07:00 AM

Fantastic foundation, goes on really smooth, like a second skin. People always comment on my good skin with it so I'm loving it!

on 9/24/2013 3:35:00 AM

My HG foundation! LOVE LOVE LOVE how dewy it looks on my skin and how easy it applies. Feels light but coverage is only medium. It lasts more than 12 hours and doesn't make my skin shine/oily. I adore Maestro as well but can only use it when my skin isn't dry... otherwise Maestro will accentuate the flaky skin. Lasting Silk is more suitable for me all year. Luminous Silk tends to look a bit dull even when mixed with Fluid Sheer.

on 8/23/2013 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had very high hopes for this foundation as it has been critically acclaimed and recommended by so many. Unfortunately, this foundation has come up short for me and is by far the worst luxury brand foundation I've ever used. The $60 price tag might as well be for the Armani name and not even the product itself.

To start off, the packaging is lackluster at best. There might as well be an "on sale for $3.99" sticker plastered over it. Though I would choose product performance over packaging, obviously; there is no doubt that the cosmetic industry, especially in marketing, relies heavily on aesthetics. The bottle is glass though it looks like plastic, and the Armani name is barely visible. It has a glittery finish that makes it appear as if the foundation is glittery, which I have no idea why the designers found that necessary.

The foundation smells like bathroom cleaner in the bottle, fortunately the scent wears off once it is applied to the skin. The consistency is nothing unique, and the coverage is so sheer! Usually, for any foundation, one pump is enough for my entire face, and if I need a bit more coverage I will apply a colored powder over it. This is the first foundation I've had to use two pumps, and even with a layer of pressed powder foundation, every single spot was visible on my face. If I were to say one good thing about this product, it's that it does have a matte finish so this is one of the few foundations I've tried where powder to control shine is truly unnecessary.

As for the longevity of this foundation throughout the day, it does absolutely nothing for the skin (I have normal skin) so if it wore off it's not like it'd make a difference anyway. However, it does seem to stay on for a few hours and control oil as well.

Pros: matte, oil control

Cons: absolutely ZERO coverage, limited shade range (especially for those with darker skin)

Summary: I absolutely loathe this foundation - it's hands down the worst I've ever used. It's a waste of money and I do not recommend it to anyone. There are so many better foundations on the market, at this price point and even much lower.

Note: Keep in mind that if you are buying from Nordstrom online, the bottle pictured is not the kind of bottle you will receive. Initially, I thought they sent me the wrong product. I had to go through hell and back to finally get ahold of this foundation through Nordstrom, so for that reason alone I'm not going to go through the hassle of returning it.