September 23, 2014 | 2036 users online

Eye Primer - Smashbox - Photo Finish Lid Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jacbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a bad primer but not one I would buy. If I was going to pay high-end I'd get the Urban Decay one. This one has a dry formula and doesn't always "sink in" to my lid to appear invisibleish. However, it does keep the eyeshadow staying all day. I got this one as a free gift at Ulta so why not use it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Midgey1

This has got to be the worst purchase ( in the world of makeup) that I have ever made. I am 42 and am really conscious of the loose creepy skin in the inner corner of my eyes and even stopped using my beloved eyeshadows for a while. I thought I would give this a go after reading some great reviews on smashbox uk website.
Firstly, the formula itself. It appeared to be creamy and blend able on the applicator and moved easily in between my finger tips but that's where it ended. When I applied this to my eyes it kind of stayed where I put it and was like trying to blend putty, dragging my eyelids, it did not smooth my eyes at all in fact it sat in every crease, nook and cranny and only emphasised my flaws. My eyeshadow looked worse than ever. I have tried numerous ways of applying this and using different amounts of product and it was disastrous every time.
I was asked to leave a review on smashboxes website, needless to say a rave review it was not, funny that it never appeared on there after two weeks of posting it, so I tried again, and guess what 2 months later and I am still waiting for it to appear... Very bizarre... Do smashbox only post selected reviews?
Overall, for me a truly horrid product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

This is hands down the WORST eye primer I've ever used, and I've tried a lot of eye primers(Elf, Nyx, Milani, UD, Lorac, Benefit, Too Faced, Fyrinnae, MAC, Nars). The reason for this is that the formula is so thick and it's not tacky whatsoever so it has 0% eyeshadow grabbing powder. I feel like it makes it worse for you to put eyeshadow over this because it makes it less pigmented if anything. The formula also has some color to it to even out your eye color but it has really noticeable edges and the edges are hard to blend too. The texture that this dries to also feels hard and cakey. This fails as an eye primer, don't buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MegC86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like to actually wear this as just a eyeshadow. I have eyelid discoloration its just a little dark but this goes on and blends so beautifully and looks natural. Its smooth and works great with powder, liquid or creme style shadows on top. And trust me they dont move!! The only complaint is packaging i feel like if i could scrap the sides i could get at least 8 more uses out of this product. the wand seems to hold alot of product so i try to get as much product off as possible. Price is a little high but for the quality it works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Sophybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this more than any other eye primer, it is warm and evens out my eye tone. I don't need to wear any eye colour for daywear.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It really does help my eye makeup last longer and look better. I got some of the Urban Decay eye primer for free and I've been switching between them trying to decide which one I like better because they are about on par with each other in my opinion. It's going to be a tough decision when I need to buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by gracie2801

I LOVE this product! I find it makes my eyeshadow more vivid, NEVER creases, smudges or fades with my eyeshadow on top. I love wearing it instead of a nude eyeshadow & now wear this as my eyeshadow when achieving a super natural day look. I can totally notice the different when I have got it on & when I haven't - the different is the hot mess on my eyelids!!! So fab x

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

more like foundation for eyelids, it creases a bit. other than that i like it...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by swooz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried this, NARS, and the Urban Decay lid primers. This one is the wettest of the three, the smallest tube, and lasts the shortest amount of time. It has a "flesh" tint that will look odd if you have very fair or darker than medium skin color. It does wash off easiest, which is nice if you don't use special oils to clean your face, but I found that it lasted only about 8 hours in hot, humid weather, a bit more in the winter. For the price, I won't be repurchasing since I find NARS and Urban Decay to do the job better for better value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this primer. It has a nice light tint to it which I love so I can see how much I am using as well as where I am applying it. I like that a lot. I don't like the doe foot applicator. I prefer a squeeze tube so I can control the amount of product I get and can use more of the product overall. With the wand there is product in corners you can't get to in the bottle and you can't control the amount it dispenses either. I don't like the bottle that is flesh colored so you can't tell how much product is left. It does seem to be a bit "dry" when you apply it though and that is a new bottle. It only gets more dry with daily use and I have had this for not quite 3 months now and already it seems to be too dried up to use. I can still get product on the applicator but it is taking about 3 swipes to get what I could in 1 when it was brand new. Overall, despite packaging issues. the primer works fantastic! I guess I should be happy as that is why I bought this - to get results. I put this on at 0500 and my eyeshadow stays put and does not crease at all. It still looks good at 8 pm, so this stuff has real staying power. I still had some fading though but then again it was 15 hours later. Even then, it does prevent caking up and creasing and keeps my shadow where I applied it. So yes, it works wonders and does what I expect it to. I dislike the packaging though and that dissatisfaction is strong enough to prevent me from purchasing this again. This is the same price and works as well as Urban Decay and UD has a squeeze tube and no wand and I can tell exactly how much is left by the size of the tube, so sorry Smashbox - you have a great eye primer but your packaging is a deal breaker.