Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

3.2

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Beeswax, Silica, Boron Nitride, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, Water, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxide

on 2/11/2014 1:26:00 AM

I received this in a sample pack. I tried it as a lid primer. I was not impressed. Since I did not want to waste it, I started using it for my dark under eye circles. It was great for that purpose. I apply it before my regular canceler. Its looks smoother and I get better coverage, plus it wears all day.

Not so great as a lid primer, but for my dark circles… I can't live without it!!!

on 1/25/2014 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I REALLY wanted to like this, but I just couldn't. First off it's not clear. blended out it leaves a darker orange colour on my lids and I found it changed the colour of some of my shadows. Also it's very thick, and I found it hard to spread and blend. And it made my shadows harder to blend, and oddly enough, it made my shadows/liner crease within an hour. I don't have super oily lids, but they are oily. I do not recommend this for anyone.

on 11/22/2013 8:33:00 AM

I regularly wear eye shadow and wanted something that was going to help make it last a little longer and also help to prevent some of the darker coloured eye shadows staining my eyelids. Smashbox lid primer appealed to me more than others because I regularly use Smashbox products and find them quite good (some better than others). The lid primer comes in simple but nice packaging which looks great in my make up bag. The lid primer comes in one colour which is a natural shade. The lid primer is in a small tube a bit like a mini mascara but thinner. The actual wand in which you apply the product to your lids is like a mini lip gloss wand with an applicator on the end. I found the primer really easy to apply and I also found that you only need to use a little on each eye and simply blend and spread it across your eyelid with your fingertip. I could see straight away that the primer made my eyelids slightly brighter and also smoother ready for applying eye shadow. When using the primer I do find that my eye shadow lasts a lot longer than it would without it. I sometimes use the primer on my lids to brighten up my eyes even when not applying an eye shadow on the top. This it the first lid primer I have purchased and I would definitely buy it again. As you only need to use a little of the product on each eye lid it also means that it lasts for ages.

on 11/5/2013 10:30:00 AM

I had a makeover done by a Smashbox professional and they used this primer. They then wanted me to buy it, which I considered. Before leaving the store, I looked at my eye shadow and noticed that it was ALREADY CREASING. I had the eye shadow on for a little over an hour and the primer was already done. I'll stick to my Urban Decay eye shadow primer.. thanks.

on 10/19/2013 9:30:00 AM

I love this lid primer. I need a primer to even out my discolored lids, provide a smooth base for shadow application, and keep shadows from creasing or disappearing during the day. This primer does it all.

Urban Decay primer works, but it made my eyelids dry out and itch; I also couldn't find a color in UD to work. Laura Mercier and Trish McEvoy primers are fine in terms of color, but they don't hold shadow color/keep from creasing as well as Smashbox for me.

I haven't had problems with dried product that other reviews mentioned, and I've used up a sample and one full tube of product. I'm on my second full tube, and still no trouble. The formula is creamy, easy to blend, and a little goes a long way.

on 9/26/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a deluxe sample size. It really is a decent eyeshadow primer. It held my shadows and blended in nicely. But I don't think I'd purchase this again because it dried out rather quickly in my bottle and I think I can find equal or better eye primers for the price.

on 9/26/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not a bad primer but not one I would buy. If I was going to pay high-end I'd get the Urban Decay one. This one has a dry formula and doesn't always "sink in" to my lid to appear invisibleish. However, it does keep the eyeshadow staying all day. I got this one as a free gift at Ulta so why not use it up.

on 8/30/2013 11:29:00 AM

This has got to be the worst purchase ( in the world of makeup) that I have ever made. I am 42 and am really conscious of the loose creepy skin in the inner corner of my eyes and even stopped using my beloved eyeshadows for a while. I thought I would give this a go after reading some great reviews on smashbox uk website.
Firstly, the formula itself. It appeared to be creamy and blend able on the applicator and moved easily in between my finger tips but that's where it ended. When I applied this to my eyes it kind of stayed where I put it and was like trying to blend putty, dragging my eyelids, it did not smooth my eyes at all in fact it sat in every crease, nook and cranny and only emphasised my flaws. My eyeshadow looked worse than ever. I have tried numerous ways of applying this and using different amounts of product and it was disastrous every time.
I was asked to leave a review on smashboxes website, needless to say a rave review it was not, funny that it never appeared on there after two weeks of posting it, so I tried again, and guess what 2 months later and I am still waiting for it to appear... Very bizarre... Do smashbox only post selected reviews?
Overall, for me a truly horrid product

on 8/19/2013 12:56:00 AM

This is hands down the WORST eye primer I've ever used, and I've tried a lot of eye primers(Elf, Nyx, Milani, UD, Lorac, Benefit, Too Faced, Fyrinnae, MAC, Nars). The reason for this is that the formula is so thick and it's not tacky whatsoever so it has 0% eyeshadow grabbing powder. I feel like it makes it worse for you to put eyeshadow over this because it makes it less pigmented if anything. The formula also has some color to it to even out your eye color but it has really noticeable edges and the edges are hard to blend too. The texture that this dries to also feels hard and cakey. This fails as an eye primer, don't buy it!

on 8/6/2013 3:16:00 PM

I like to actually wear this as just a eyeshadow. I have eyelid discoloration its just a little dark but this goes on and blends so beautifully and looks natural. Its smooth and works great with powder, liquid or creme style shadows on top. And trust me they dont move!! The only complaint is packaging i feel like if i could scrap the sides i could get at least 8 more uses out of this product. the wand seems to hold alot of product so i try to get as much product off as possible. Price is a little high but for the quality it works well for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials