August 27, 2014 | 903 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Squid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first bb cream I ever had so I've had to tweak a lot to "understand" it. It is definitely not up to the hype as an all-in-one product. First, you do need a good moisturizer along with it because the BB is not moisturizing enough unless your skin is very oily, it is difficult to blend into bare skin and emphasizes any flakey/dry patches no matter how minor and invisible they are normally.
Second, you do need a setting powder since despite the not-so-great moisturizing function it has medium-to-low oil control. My t-zone was shiny after a few hours, and I'm combo type.
The good thing is you need so small an amount the tube (rather pricey) will last forever.
Nominally it gives a very good coverage but I don't like the look of it, heavy and dull. For me it works best if I mix a tiny drop with my normal moisturizer and then apply onto tonified skin. This way it looks natural and smooth, though gives a very light coverage. Imperfections if any may be gently patted on afterwards. BUT this way makes the SS much lower, so I fail to see the point of having this product if I can't use it to the full capacity.
The best it works as a concealer, I use on my undereyes and little redness around the nostrils and it covers and holds very well.
Overall an over-hyped product, probably good for very oily skin or folks who are into the Kabuki makeup-style. If you are after the natural-glow look it's not worth of buying, a tinted moisturizer will do just as well.

ETA Make sure you remove this BB thoroughly with cleansing oil or cold cream. If not removed correctly it may clog pores and break you out. That's what happened to my friend who tried this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Matches nc20-25. Too dark for my nc15 skin. Great coverage. Very soothing. Dewy finish. Lasts pretty long, but not that long for me, b/c I have really oily skin. I still prefer it to most liquid fndts out there. Does require double cleansing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by elsong1211

This product from is a lot thicker than the water fuse BB cream from the same brand, but it provides more coverage and I really liked its consistency and how it makes my skin look. But the thing that ruins this product for me is that its very very light, I am have quite fair asian skin around NC20-25 and it leaves a white cast between my face and neck, despite how it makes my skin feel and look, the color just makes it impossible for me to wear this out in public.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Broke me out horribly :( I thought it would be good because I had the black label and it was great (until it started breaking me out, which I didn't know at the time) but this...this piece of crap wrecked my skin within hours of application! Literally when I removed it at the end of the day I found 3 new hugeass pimples so I know it's not because I didn't clean it off well. Very Disappointed. "Dr" my a**.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by wrocamora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this BB cream when I went to Japan a couple of months ago. I am about an NC20 in MAC, so the cream matched me perfectly. Unfortunately, that's pretty much where the pros ended for me. Two hours after application, my skin would look greasy and even after I blot, it would still look like all my makeup was coming off. Overall a disappoinment.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by lovebrownie

UPDATE 4/18: I stopped wearing this BB cream about a week ago. I realized that if I looked REALLY closely at the mirror, my face looked AWFUL after a few hours of wearing this product. I mean, immediately after application my face would look fresh and evenly covered, but after about 4-6 hours (when the natural oils in my face would start breaking through) it would literally DISINTEGRATE the BB cream on my face. I had patches of whitish-grayish substance on my face that resembled dry flakes! But oh no, they weren't flakes; it was the BB cream literally falling apart on my face! Bottom line is: I looked better WITHOUT the BB cream on. I liked the product's moisturizing and skin-rejuvenating properties, but that's what a good moisturizer is for. The search for the right foundation continues!

****************
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I'm a combo/oily skin gal with yellow undertones (NC30-35). Extremely oily nose and forehead, dry cheeks and jaw. Sensitive, acne-prone skin with moderate to severe scarring and huge pores.

Let me start off by saying that the color is definitely too light for me! This is my first BB cream ever, and I know other people have said it runs darker than most BB creams--but it's still too light for my skin tone. Surprisingly, I find that it doesn't oxidize that much (and trust me, I've worn this for 14-hour days), so for the most part, I'm still significantly paler and ghostlier than normal. (However, my sister is like an NC15-20 and the color matches her perfectly.) Also, since it does contain SPF 35, I opt for my Revlon Colorstay for special occasions.

The product itself has a pretty thick consistency, so the application can be a bit tricky. You have to kinda play around with it a little bit, see what method works best for you. The directions even say to "spread evenly with SOFT PATTING." I find that if I apply with my hands and just try to spread it, it would cake on too much in one area, especially on my dry cheeks. So what I do now is to take a pea-size amount, rub it between my fingertips, dot it all over my face, kind of pat it in a little bit with my fingers, then take a DAMP SPONGE to evenly spread it all out. I get an even, thin layer that way, and for problem areas that need heavier coverage, I just go back and dab a little more product on with my fingers.

It has a very nice natural-matte finish right after you first put it on. Not as cakey or heavy-looking as a full coverage foundation (e.g. Revlon Colorstay) but definitely buildable enough to cover any acne scars. I can get away without powdering my T-zone if I apply a mattifying moisturizer prior to applying the BB cream, and I would only need to blot once after like 7-8 hours. Definitely moisturize well on dry areas because this product only accentuates dryness (not pretty).

BUT HERE'S WHY I LOVE THIS BB CREAM. I never thought I would say this but I swear I think this product is actually IMPROVING MY SKIN. It doesn't just CONCEAL imperfections and blemishes; after 4 weeks of daily use, it seems to have actually improved the overall texture of my skin AND evened out my skin tone!! I used to think that a product is excellent if it doesn't make me break out (and this doesn't, by the way), but Dr. Jart's Silver Label has raised the bar! My acne scars have lightened and disappeared faster than usual (must be the whitening properties from the arbutin), and it even "dries up" or flattens out any active blemishes! My pores even look tighter and less noticeable!

Keep in mind that this is still make-up, so all traces of it needs to be removed at the end of the day. I use the Pond's cleansing wipes to remove the BB cream, and my skin literally GLOWS afterward and looks and FEELS so soft--I've never seen anything like it! (Take it from the gal who's used to seeing 1 or 2 little pimples pop up after wearing Revlon Colorstay all day.) I really believe that an effective skin care regimen combined with this BB cream will yield amazing results for your skin. It's the only reason I put up with the tricky application and the too-light color, because it's make-up that's actually improving my skin!! And isn't that our ultimate goal? To have naturally beautiful (or in my case, passable) skin?

(Took off a lippie because I wish it was slightly darker!)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference: I'm Asian ranging from NC20-25 depending on seasons
Product Description: "Dr. Jart+ SILVER LABEL Rejuvenating Blemish Base SPF 35 PA++ is formulated by a unique professional formula, which contains active ingredients aiming at covering imperfections, concealing imperfections, and activating skin rejuvenation. It soothes red and irritated skin while providing moisture to skin.
Size: 50ml"

PROS:
Natural matte finish, good for oily skin
Has oil control but not too drying
SPF35 PA++ (Physical sunblock)
Medium-buildable Coverage, yellow undertones
Lasts all day
No Fragrance
CONS:
Only comes in one shade, very light (may not suit skintones darker than NC20)
Slight transferring
Can be hard to find (be wary of fakes! Esp. on eBay)

I have used this BB cream for over two years, so it is a definite staple of mine! BB creams have become my go-to for base makeup, and I would almost call this one my HG. One tube also lasts a very long time since you need less than a pea-size amount for your whole face.

I love the natural finish and medium coverage. I find that it covers most of my redness and diminishes the appearance of my very dark circles. It also matches me very well, except during the warmer seasons. It lasts well on its own, but I prefer a matte finish so I set it with a powder. This also keeps it from potentially transferring onto clothes and other items. It provides some oil control as well, although I'm not sure if I have seen any long-term effects from the BB cream. Like most BB creams I've tried, it lasts a VERY long time (at least 8+ hours on me).

Overall, I would recommend this for oily/combination skin with yellow undertones.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by cherrybeary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy cow. This is the 2nd BB Cream I tried and I'm impressed. I'm a fair Caucasian (NW15 ish) and I'm blown away by this on several levels. Mainly the color and staying power on my very oily skin. The color (very light beige) looks so good on me. It is a teeny tiny bit too dark, but 100% the exact undertone to make my skin look amazing. Beware! This is light in color and has heavy coverage. If you have a rich, medium warm skintone, it may look horribly pale and sickly.

This is full coverage with a nice matte finish. I sheer it out with a damp sponge, because it looks like face paint on me if I apply with a brush. Unlike my Skin79, I absolutely have to use a moisturizer underneath, because this is majorly matte. Seriously, this lasts all day and holds up to blotting & repowdering very well. (I have to blot with everything.)

If I knew I had an event in the evening after work, I would use this in the morning, because it looks amazing at the end of the day.
I use this as foundation, not skincare, but I have never found a full coverage foundation with SPF 35 that wasn't greasy. Definitely a repurchase. I've had such good luck with my BB creams that I'm just going to sit back & use them up...definitely not out looking for the next big thing.

Bottom line. Great product for fair oily skin. Not recommended for anyone with dry areas or darker skin tones. If they made this in different shades, I think this would be the #1 full coverage product for oily gals world-wide.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by TrixieInDixie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why I tried this foundation: I have always preferred the creme/gel formula foundations that give complete coverage and will stay put for hours. I used to love Clinique's Continuous Coverage foundation but could not continue to use it when Clinique stopped making the lightest shade that worked for me. For years I have tried to find a foundation with similar qualities, and when I saw a makeup blogger's review of the Dr. Jart BB Cream, I thought it sounded promising.

I have always been very fair, and since my 20s have had vitiligo. Most of the natural pigment in my face is gone, and what is left is visible enough that I like to have a heavier foundation to even me out. After further reading about the various types of BB cream reviewed on numerous makeup blogs, the consensus was that the Dr. Jart had the best coverage and lightest color, which sounded right for me.

My experience: I like the heavy coverage of the Dr. Jart BB Cream - on my skin it still feels just as smooth and comfortable as any other type of foundation. I have not seen the gray or ashy coloration that others have mentioned, and it may be a difference in pigmentation or perhaps skin pH. I don't get any extra oiliness from it, and have not experienced any breakouts or increase in pore cloggage. I should also say that my skin is not particularly sensitive, and I have never had acne, but now that I am well into my 40s, my face gets a little drier and I make sure to use good moisturizers and serums, so those are always on before I apply any foundation.

I like to use foundation primers, but I don't use one every single day. I found that with this foundation, it did not make a big difference whether I used a primer or not, keeping in mind that my skin is always well moisturized beforehand anyway.

As for skin lightening or improvement of texture, I can't say for sure. I'm more interested in the coverage and color, which works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by nonbez23

This is a product that I love and hate at the same time. I love it because it is a medium to heavy coverage, but leaning on the heavy coverage. BUT it doesn't feel like a mask on your face. I have a lot of acne scars - terrible ones and it pretty much covers all the discoloration. I don't even need to use concealer. The cream is really thick so you have to be careful when handling it, I usually just use my finger, dot them all over and blend it but I also like using it with my foundation brush. It is pretty hard to blend and it takes a long time to get use to the texture, especially if you are not used to bb cream, but once you get use to it and know how to work it - it works wonders. I have a very sensitive oily acne prone skin but so far, it did not break me out nor does it irritate my skin. I have a lot of foundations that itches when applied and this is not one of them. It sets into a matte finish but your skin still feels soft. It is not dewy like most bb creams - but this is why i like it. Oil control is very good. I wore it for a full day without blotting and only my T-zone looks a tad shiny. This is an achievement for me. I would definitely use this on occasion when I need super staying power with foundation, like on a night out or when attending concerts, etc. That being said, this is not the bb cream for those of you with dry skin. If you have dry skin, try the dr. jart black label ( it is also a tad darker in shade).

BUT, I won't recommend this for anyone with a medium dark to darker skin tones. My only problem with this bb cream is the color! When I first put it on my face, I look like a slap a foundation that's 3 times lighter than my shade - na ah. not good at all. However, when I leave it for about 20 minutes or so, I checked myself in the mirror and the colors seem to blend to my face, even the greyish undertone that I was really concerned with in the beginning did not show. I was still slightly fairer but well, it makes my skin look healthier than it is. A trick that I use whenever I don't have time to wait is to mix the bb cream with my la rosche posay fluid extreme tinted sun screen (that is way too tan for me). I just mix about a few drops and the color will be fine - or when I'm going out and have the time to do my make up, I'll just add some bronzer here and there.

As for the 'bb' cream wonders - with the healing properties, whitening, etc etc, I cannot vouch for it at all. Honestly, I don't see the difference. But if viewed as a foundation - it is really good. I bought it at S$32 (singapore dollar) so it is about US$25 or somewhere there. Pretty good value - considering how little amount I need to apply everytime, a bottle of this last me forever. A gentle warning, be careful with the amount you use - if you use too much, it won't look pretty. I would probably not use this everyday as the coverage is heavy, so, for daily use - I'm still sticking with my shu uemura's smoothing fluid foundation for a more natural look. But, all in all, it is a pretty good product that I would definitely buy again - especially for its staying power and the fact that it does not slide when I'm sweating!! AND that it does not break me out :D