Blinc Mascara

3.6

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Yeah, this was exceptionally disappointing. I'd rather use Maybelline Great Lash mascara to give you an idea of how low my opinion is of this mascara. Not only is it ineffective as a mascara in that it doesn't add length or volume, but it also flakes all over the place. By mid-morning I had teeny tubes all over my cheeks.

I used it twice (just to validate my assumptions that this mascara is utter crap) and haven't used it since. Won't repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Very disappointed i decided go give this a shot.
Purchased in sephora at my visit to NY from Australia after a few rave reviews.
Very unremarkable brush, more like the oldschool spiral brush with nothing to define and separate lashes- reminds me of Maybelline Great Lash.
Formula remains wet for a good deal of time, and makes my thin blonde lashes just look darker: no volume or ...anything! Wispy, sad but blackened and weighed down lashes. The only thing i liked was the skinny mascara tube encased in a metal tube. It felt sturdy, but no good if the product is a lost cause.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This was unremarkable for me. I thought I would try it out since I've never used a tubing mascara before, but the formula was just really wet and got everywhere. Not worth the price at all.

I LOVE THIS! Being on set I have had almost every madcara used on me...and this one doesn't smudge or flake and gives me long, thick lashes. I used to wear They're Real mascara, but when I got onset they would always add more mascara! NOT with this product! My lashes are now 'perfect' and l love it! I work 18+ hour days sometimes, and the mascara never budges! The rest of my makeup, especially my eyeshadow (oily lids) gets retouched, but my Blinc mascara stays perfect! Note that I'm not sure how people 'get splashed' with mascara? I have never had this happen. I do clean off the top of the tube when I'm done applying (per the instructions included with the mascara), so the non-closing & drying out hasn't been an issue either. This will be the only mascara I ever buy!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Tubing mascaras have been a godsend for me since I discovered them in 2012. I am ecstatic to seeing more pop up on the market & have tried nearly all of them out there. For reference - my favorite is Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara. However Blinc ORIGINAL (not the Amplified version) is a VERY close second. In fact they are almost identical in formula. The tie breaker is Boots has a better brush that individually coats every lash and separates them. Doesn't hurt that I can pick up Boots No 7 Stay Perfect tubing mascara for $8 at Target, either.

Moving forward, just because a mascara is waterproof - does NOT mean it is smudge-proof. Tears from my eyes have never been my concern when applying mascara. It is the oil my pizza-face produces that removes mascara and causes it to smudge, leaving me with the dreaded raccoon eye look. Since warm water is the only thing that can remove tubing mascara, it works perfectly for us oily skinned gals.

I really like Blinc's formula. It is wetter than a lot of it's competition & doesn't leave you with spider lashes. When you remove it at night, it comes off in tubes (vs random flakes). The same formula is used for both the original version and the amplified version. I prefer Blinc's original version as the brush is more forgiving for my small eyes & gives a natural look. The amplified version has a much bigger & thicker brush which gives more intense volume to lashes but makes precision much more difficult.

This is the first mascara I've ever used that has ACTUALLY lengthened and volumized my lashes. I used Benefit They're Real mascara for a while, but the bottle dried out quickly and didn't have the same effects as this product. While a bit pricy, it both goes on and comes off very easily, and stays on very well throughout the day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

perfect for if you want a look so natural it looks like you're literally wearing 0 mascara, might as well not put on any mascara. adding a lippie because i wish all mascaras washed off in these cool messy-free tubes.

I first used this for my wedding, and now I'm hooked. It provides volume, lengthens and most of all, is the first mascara I've ever used that doesn't smudge or give me raccoon eyes. I haven't tried other tubing mascaras, so when this runs out I may try a drugstore brand to see how they compare. Overall, I feel I've gotten a good deal for the price.

This is the best mascara I have ever used. It lengthens & never smudges. I've been using for 3 years & my days of trying other brands are over. A+++

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/oilproof? - Yes / Yes. And sweatproof also.

Adds volume? - Some.

Adds length? - Moderate.

Adds definition? - No. Wet formula makes my sparse lashes stick together.

Holds curl? - Not well; pulls the curl out.

Removal? - SUPER easy. Rinse with warm water (or in the shower), then slide the mascara off by gently pinching the lashes between thumb and finger and pulling away from the face. The removed "tubes" of mascara look more like short black Silly String.

Packaging - Straight silver-white plastic tube. Brush head is a straight, skinny spoolie with the bristles in a wide-spaced spiral.

Other comments - Blinc used to call their mascara Kiss Me Mascara, but the ingredients list changed and now it's just Blinc Mascara. Still a great tubing mascara - it doesn't flake or feel stiff, and has a nice glossy finish. But this formula is even wetter than it used to be. My lashes stick together like mad and the brush design doesn't help. When I apply it I can see all my crimping work being undone, and by the time I've run a lash comb through my lashes are pretty much straight again :/

Overall - I love tubing mascaras but I can't make this work for me.

UPDATE - I can make this work for me if I scrape as much off the brush as I can when pulling it out of the tube. In my book that's a PITA, so though I will try finish off this tube (I hate letting money go to waste), I'm not going to buy this mascara again. continued >>

Popular Mascaras