December 17, 2014 | 1123 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my HG bronzers (the other is Too Faced Chocolate Soliel). I'm very picky when it comes to makeup and I think this bronzer really is worth the money, its probably the most high quality bronzer I've ever tried. Good shades for my skin are 03 and 05 I'm an NC35-NC40. The only really con for me is the packaging, I imagine if you drop it, it'll break. Though pretty its not very sturdy and its very top-heavy on the mirror.
TEXTURE:
Not powdery or chalky at all, very smooth and dense. It has a slightly baby-powder/old lady scent, that was a little off putting to me at first but now I kinda like it, the scent doesn't linger and its not irritating. It's not completely matte, there are very very fine gold shimmers but its not chunky at all or noticeable on the skin. It's got quite the pigmentation for a bronzer so you don't need too much, so it can be easy to over do.
FINISH:
BEAUTIFUL. It's so natural looking on the skin. Its not completely flat or dull at all without any noticeable shimmer. It really blends into the skin beautifully, its almost as if it just melts into the skin seamlessly. The finish is impeccable and unmatched. The shades are all very natural and really mimic a natural tan.
WEAR POWER:
Incredible wear power. The absolute longest lasting bronzer I've tried to date. I find it doesn't get blotchy or streaky on me even after wearing it for 14+ hours and holds up really well against my combo skin. It adheres to the skin really well.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by romhudson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I came across this by chance when I was 14 and have used it since! More than ten years now. I just love it. I use number 3 through, so it has less of the red-ness in it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by 4makeup

This is my favorite bronzer. I use it in the lightest shade but the compact breaks even without dropping it. although the compact is elegant looking, I wish it came in a more substantial compact given the price . Although i've used this for years & love the bronzer, it's just not a workable product for me b/c of the packaging.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I really thought bronzers did not work for me, they always looked unnatural and orange on my fair skin. Then I read about this in a very stylish book by Inès de la Fressange, claiming that all French women owned this product to get a St. Tropez look in Parisian winter, and when I saw this in front of me at the duty free, I just had to try it. And what a great surprise! This bronzer has no glitter, looks very natural, lasts very long and gives me a much healthier and fresher complexion, it's too bad it has taken me so long to find it. Impressed with the formula, too - this is not drying at all, unlike any other face powder I know.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best bronzer ever! It's super finelly milled and compliments my skintone beautifully, I thought to try it because all the hype and because Temptalia always raves about it. I picked the shade 2 that strangely is darker than the 3 and I have a NC35-40 skintone, it has a tiny bit of orange in it which goes perfectly for a Latina skintone and it really looks like I went to the beach. The packaging is super luxurious, the compact has a mirror and I love the design. Totally would purchase again but I doubt I ever hit pan, you need the tiniest amount on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kittyofwhitby

This is my holy grail bronzer. I've tried Nars Laguna and still prefer this one. I know some people say that this leaves their skin pinker in tone than laguna (my sister had this issue, but she is more thanned naturally than me). However, I have really fair skin and find that this gives me a really believable bronzed look.

I have been using it for aroun 6 or 7 years. In that time I've never had any complaints or desire to change, other than when I was tempted by the Laguna hype, but didn't switch.
I use this over my loose foundation setting powder, and find that it goes on really well on top of that. I then apply a small amount of blush afterwards.

No issues with the packaging, I think it looks really nice, and I never have issues with the powder smashing or crumbling, except when I literally have almost scraped it dry maybe a few crumbles at that point.

The price is high but I'm happy to pay it because as someone who is very fair a good, natural bronzer is super important to me.
I have no hesitation in recommending you try this, and I hope you like it as much as me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by rtobiejr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I'm not a bronzer virgin. I've been around the block and in and out of love with several. It doesn't make me a bronzer-whore, though, when you consider that different companies mean different things when they make bronzer. Some mean "glitter fest", others think it's stage makeup for your role as "annoying orange". Guerlain has it down, though, and that is why I am stopping to write this review.

Seriously, I own nothing else Guerlain-- and had never even given their line a look-see, until another MUAer and real-life friend (mrsrayhall, woot woot) told me she'd bought shade 8 and was happy. I went straight to Sephora and purchased 7. It is perfect. Gives a glowy, healthy look that is not disco-ball like. I like NARS casino, but in some way it seems not pigmented enough. This is perfect. I am using the NARS kabuki ITA brush (39 bucks well spent, but that's an entire other review), and it contours my round little cheeks, so beautifully, I am speechless. One lippie off for price (50 bucks is a LOT to spend on bronzer, even if I am worth it)-- but I think it will last a while because I only need a little. Try it, buy it, thank me later!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I only got this bronzer to use for contouring, I got the shade 7. I have dark skin and I could not find any bronzer that's dark enough or did not have any glitter. I also like the fact this does not go red on my skin when applied. I only need a little bit plus it is easy to blend.

My only pet peeve with this one is the price. It is really expensive for what it is. I do love the classic packaging however you would think Guerlain would at least include some kind of a brush or at least a pouch to go with the compact. I have to say I am so careful with this compact since it is so delicate. If you drop this it's done.

I would buy this again once it's done unless I find another brand that looks great for contouring. I think this would last me for at least 3 years. In the end this is worth my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by oyveyoyveyy

The whole matching up based on eye and hair color seems really gimicky but it actually works, the blonde/blue eye shade is perfect for me. I look glowy and healthy not orange or sparkly like most bronzers. The price is nutso but nearly worth it I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Susannen88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Probably the most expensive product I have in my makeup bag, but it's worth it! Since I have very fair skin naturally I've always had problems with finding the perfect bronzer that does not overdo it. This bronzer is therefor perfect for me, it looks naturally on me, and it's easy to apply. Well spent money and I will definitely buy it again!