July 26, 2014 | 946 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by genesis81

I was looking for a heat protectant for blow drying when I came across this stuff at CVS. I think I paid around $8.00 for it and at the time it came with an extra travel size bottle. I really like the smell of this product and the overall finished look when I am done blow drying. I am hoping it is doing a good job protecting my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I apply if after I towel dry my hair and after I finished blow-drying it. I do about 5-6 spritzes all over before I blow-dry, and about 2-3 after I blow-dry. I've been using it for a couple months and I still have some left. I went and bought another bottle before I even got halfway done with the first. I like that it makes my hair less frizzy and more smooth and manageable. It looks more neat after I use this products. I also like the bottle, nice design. I'm definetly buying it again. The only bad I have to say is that the smell is ok, I didn't love it, but after awhile I got used to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Long, color treated, oily roots, dry ends hair type. I am more than half way finished with my bottle, and my hair seems to be more damaged after using this. I was previously using a silicone serum as my heat protection against blow drying, and to help with flyaways. With consistent use of this product, focusing on my ends, and always using extra, not only on my ends, but through out my hair, my hair does not look like it has been protected at all. I got much better damage protection with the off brand silicone gel from sallys I was using. I have more split ends, and the ends are drier compared to before. Ive been using high end shampoos, deep conditioning and using protein, so I know I have been taking care of my hair in other ways like always (to give this product a fair review) The product itself smells fantastic, the nozzle works awesome, and never gets clogged, the packaging is cute as can be, but this did not deliver. It was on the higher side for a drugstore product, I purchased based on hair board raves, but I would not recommend or re purchase. Some heat protection sprays help with flyaways and smoothing etc, but this one didnt. I dont care if it didnt help with flyaways, but it didnt protect my hair. I am going back to my silicone serum that will smooth, seal, and give better protection. Very cute name, and idea, but it did not protect against heat styling. I do not flat iron, or curl my hair anymore for reference. I use a round brush a few times a month, and use a blow dryer. The first few uses I felt this blocked heat, because my hair would not feel warm after blow drying, but the effect didnt last long. This didnt leave me crunchy or dry, but it just didnt work.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by annabanane

Honestly, this product seems to do the OPPOSITE of what it should. My hair is naturally pretty soft, even after blowdrying, and like someone mentioned, this spray leaves it feeling like I put a lot of hairspray in my hair.... yuck! Dry and brittle feeling, and makes my hair tangle faster therefore.

This product has a rose smell to it, and it's kinda 'old-grandma-ish.' Luckily it's not very strong and doesn't last.

Not repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I wouldn't say I am completely in love with this product, it does have some nice attributes. First of all, I have narrowed down the fragrance to a (decent) knock-off of Dior Poison. It smells almost exactly like Poison, but with that little something that knock-off fragrances have. The somewhat familiar, nostalgic scent really bothered me until I could put my finger on it. Others may disagree, especially those with more sophisticated sniffers...

I digress. I do feel like this product made my hair shinier, but I'm not 100% sure that it really protected it much. I blow dry THEN flat iron, so I think that combo probably cancelled out any real protection benefit. It did help to keep fly-aways at bay for the most part. I used the entire bottle and I'm likely to buy it again if it's on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Great product for the price. I bought this at CVS on a buy one get one free, so it was about $3.50. I have long fine color treated hair and this product gives my hair a nice luxurious shine while protecting from the blow dryer heat. This product leaves my hair shiny, soft, and manageable. I have been using it for the past two weeks and have noticed less split ends, so it seems the heat protection is working. There is a gloss in the product, so the blow out it gives my fine hair is sleek and sophisticated it is not very voluminous. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really needed some new heat protection, and this bottle caught my eye at CVS. It's rather tall and tapered and looks like a genie might pop out of it :) I used it on Sunday (today's Tuesday), and my hair has been shining and smooth since then, despite our high humidity here in LA. I love that I can use just one product - really a nice leave in - blow dry and I'm done. My ends love this product. Based on one the of the reviews here, I'm going to try it for air-drying next weekend and will update with results. This is a great, budget friendly product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by eerielle143

Great product! It really protects my hair from my blow dryer.
Everyone should use a heat protector before they apply a blow dryer, flat/curling iron, and etc. This will help protect your hair up to 425 degrees (that's insane-imagine using your hair dryer/ flat iron that hot w/o it).

Anyways, it was real cheap, the smell is nice, and it has cute packaging (wings on a chain attachment).

Just towel dry your hair, then, spritz your hair 8 - 10 inches away and start your normal hair routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

Really like this heat protectant spray! First of all, I love the smell and the packaging, really encourages me to keep on using it! I spray it all over towel dried hair and it seems to lock in the style and shine of my hair. I can just spray it in, dry with a blow dryer, and I don't have to use my flat iron. Cannot wait to try the rest of the line!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a medicore product. No better than any other similar ones on the market. Price was good (on sale at Shopper's) and the mechanism is fine. No clogs yet.

I can never be sure whether these things work since I don't notice a difference with or without them. Certainly no extra shine. My hair doesn't seem to show heat damage though anyway, partly perhaps since I only use a dryer (and no other appliances) 3 times a week.

I will say that I think the smell is pretty disgusting. It doesn't linger, mercifully, but there is no need to put up with a rank smell for a run of the mill protectant. Hence a lipstick removed, otherwise deserving 3. Will try something else next time.