September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by IronMaiven

Everyone who is saying this product doesnt work is using it incorrectly.

The first time I used it, I used more product then I should have so i could get true to color results on my pigmented lips. Even after letting it set my lips were tacky/sticky and they cracked and didn't look good.

After awhile I checked on it and saw how awful it looked.
So I tried again.

Next time I applied my foundation and blocked out my lip color (i also use the revlon colorstay foundation currently)

after... i applied a very thin layer onto my lips and allowed it to set.

With my lip color neutralized, the color showed up wonderfully and it was a thin enough layer that it stayed on all day without cracking, being sticky or any other negative effects.

Really great product when used correctly, a little expensive but worth it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by digink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim. I agree with others who say it is more of a lip stain than a lipstick, which is actually what I was looking for. I always put gloss on over this after it dries - both because it does dry out your lips (as any long-wearing lipstick will) and because I bought the "nude" shade, which I found to be too dark. I put some light pink gloss over it, which makes it more of a true nude shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by jlseck

I am a makeup junkie. I am constantly buying new products to find the best ones. This lipstick is my HG. All you have to do is twirl around the base it while you are pulling it out to the product in the bottom and off the applicator. Then you apply it - fast - along your lip line like lip liner. then you fill in - fast. This takes an EXTREMELY little amount of product to achieve the lest results. Then, you wait about 30 seconds until it dries -- do NOT press your lips together until then. Yes, they will stick. Then you simply apply a gloss of any kind. You can reapply your gloss throughout the day for addtl moisture, but the lip base will stay. This lipstick will LITERALLY LAST ME ALL DAY. I have NEVER found any product that wears as well. I apply once in the morning, and when I look in the rear view mirror my way home from work, it's still there! I honestly though they might discontinue this product simply because it takes so little of the product to look great -- so Revlon would not be making enough money on sales. I could be wrong, but until then, I'll keep stocking up just in case. It is my absolute FAVE lip product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I was looking for a long wearing liquid lip product and saw all the many shades available in this. The color showed up nicely, but my lips felt extremely dry, and the texture became cakey soon after applying. Stay from this & dont waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Ashleyx

This lip product is horrible. First you have to apply this very quickly it drys so fast and it dried out my lips so much! too much product comes out and it makes your lips stick together. I recently tried it out again yesterday heres my story, I put it on to just give it another try when I put it on I took off as much as I could on the brush it automatically started to dry out my lips so I put a gloss over top it looked fine I thought I found something that could work. To my horror and hour later the gloss wore off and the liquid lipstick dried into patches onto my lips. I had to run to the bathroom and literally scrub my lips to get it off. I do not recommend anyone getting this its horrible. Finished look is dry, cracky lips and its a mess to take off because it dries like glue. It's like putting coloured glue onto your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Martigras

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Premium Pink the day before yesterday, at Walmart for $8.97. Then bought one at CVS for $10.97 in the Stellar Sundown. The shades are okay but it seems the 2 I picked are very similar in color. (looked different in bottle).

BUT THE BIG NEWS IS: Last night I found a lot of them in all colors starting at $5.00, including free s/h. She had a 'Buy it Now' or 'Best Offer' on it. She was asking $5.19, but took my offer of only $4.50!!! By the way, the color I bought from her is Superb Sangria. That should show up on my lips. LOL

This is the finest one step long wearing lipstick I've ever found to really work, and I'm 57.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Ana622

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine had recommended this product to me. When I first tried it on, I noticed it was glossy like a lip gloss (which I hate). But after it dried, it felt very stiff on my lips. You can definitely feel that you have something on your lips. Because it's so dry, you'll absolutely need a Chapstick or lip balm. It's more of a lipstain rather than a lipstick because for one, it actually stays on and you can feel it on your lips and drys on. Other than that, I like how it stays on after you eat, drink, ect.

Pros: long wear, multi-colors
Cons: over drying lips

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color is ok (I got the pinkest pink one)...went on smooth and felt ok but then after about it miniute it turned into glue on my lips. Like it literally felt like glue, when I pressed my lips together they stuck! Disgusting! Im definitely returning this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Tearose61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I need to take responsibility for being stupid enough to purchase 3 of these lippies as opposed to just buying one and/or before reading the reviews. I bought ultimate orchid, brilliant bordeux, and premier plum. The beautiful colors really caught my eye and I prefer lip products in a tube because they don't get soft or melty in warm weather. Unfortunately, the color in the tube was the only bright spot in the whole experience of trying this lip product.
#1) The product goes on thinly and seems impossible to apply in a precise manner because the applicator brings out way too much product. There is no device in the tube edge to catch extra product off the applicator.
#2) The product quickly dried out into a flat, cakey, pasty finish.
#3) It didn't stop drying until my lips were shrivelled up and completely lined. Lip lines that I never knew existed showed up and were accentuated. Seriously, it was as though I had applied slugbait to my lips.
#4) I have tried to work and work with this product by applying various balms and moisturizers both before and after applying the colorstay. However, no combination of lip balms seems to help. In fact, applying a lip balm seems to ensure that the colorstay will crumble into little pieces that sticks to my front teeth. Ugh!!
Never again, never, ever again. All these lippies are sitting at the bottom of my trash. What a horrible product. :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by saharanights

I bought this yesterday and used it today. Sadly it did not perform very well. It remained tacky and color cracked on my lips.

Will not buy again.