September 1, 2014 | 2161 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes Night Calming

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I have used both these calming wipes as well as the hydrating wipes. I compared the ingredients and noticed that there aren't much differences. Yes, there are different ingredients in both due to the different fragrances, the main cleansing ingredients are the same and thus I find them work the same.

There's 25 pre-moistened towelettes in a pack for a price ranging from 4.99-7.99. I've seen them priced at $7.99 CDN at places like London Drugs/Shoppers Drug Mart, and around $6.00CDN in places like Walmart/Superstore. Because of such a price different, I stock up on these wipes whenever I go to the states. Target sells these particular, calming wipes for $6.49 US, same price as the Hydrating wipes, and the regular refills are $4.99US. So whenever I go down to the states, I will just stock up on 5 of these.

I use these wipes whenever I wear a full face of make up (Primer, Full coverage foundation, full coverage concealer, powder, contour, eyeshadow, liner, waterproof mascara). These wipes are able to remove EVERYTHING, regardless if it is waterproof or not. One sheet is enough for me to remove my whole face and so one pack of these wipes are able to last me around 2 months as I don't wear a full face of makeup everyday.

These calming wipes do not sting my eyes or irritate my skin. In fact, none of these Neutrogena make up remover wipes irritate my eyes or my skin. Although the packaging claims that rinsing is unnecessary, I still rinse and cleanse my face with my facial cleanser to ensure that my skin is squeaky clean, free of make up.

The only downside to these wipes are the packaging. After a couple of use, the stickiness of the flaps are gone and in comes the air which dries the wipes out! Because of this, I store the whole package of wipes in a ziplock bag to ensure that no air gets in even if the flap is not fully closed. I know I can easily fix this buy purchasing the box in which the refills go in, but everytime I look for the case, I don't find it. I guess until then, I'll stick with the ziplock bag haha!

I will definitely continue purchasing these wipes because they do an amazing job in so little time. It leaves my skin free of make up! I do think the price range can leave these wipes somewhat pricey, but if you do find a place that sells them for less, definitely stock up!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkiex0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This sucks! I have super sensitive skin ad these burned my skin and made me breakout! They take off no makeup, the package would peel and they would dry out,they do nothing! Suck!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I now use olive oil after these wipes, because these don't do their job. What I do is try to wipe all my makeup off, then I go in with olive oil and rinse with water, which ALWAYS gets the rest of my makeup off. Always make sure to use a cleanser after. After I finish these wipes, I will be moving on to either a different makeup remover or just going with olive oil. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mishukitty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unlike some previous reviewers, I loved this product. It gently removes makeup without leaving your skin feeling tight. Any waterproof makeup is going to require a little more rubbing. I was concerned about this because I use waterproof mascara and eye liner. However, just moving to a new spot on the towelette and continuing to gently rub took off all my makeup and left my eyes soft and silky. My one gripe is the packaging. It's hard to pull out just one towelette at a time. But I'm a believer in this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by CountryChick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pro: Gets the job done. All my makeup is off my face. Leaves a nice coldish feel on my face.

Con: The feel left on my face is cold and nice, but it's a sticky feeling! The smell isn't bad at all, but the feel is kinda tight.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Aibon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

They're decent, but I might just try a generic brand next time. They were pretty scratchy. >: After I was done my skin looked and felt a bit slimy from the wipe so I barely rinsed my face and found that my eyeliner hadn't been removed completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ellikun

Pros: Gentle, soft wipes that remove really nicely. Smells really good and hydrates and makes eye area soft
Cons: only con is that I have to rub pretty hard to get the makeup off

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

These remove makeup just as well as any other makeup removing towlettes, and, guess what? they're way to expensive. Target brand works just as well, ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by jcimorelli

Use this product everyday. It really does work great and it isn't too greasy (though I still always wash my face after using them, obviously).

It takes all my makeup off really well, expect for mascara, but, honestly, no makeup remover takes off all my mascara!! I just use a scrublet to get the left over mascara off!

And mascara is the least of your worries! It's not great for your eyelashes, but it's not the same as having leftover foundation on your skin which could break you out.

Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

have to agree with the other reviewer, the packaging sucks and i find that when i use these-although they smell nice-i always have leftover eye makeup smudged the morning after. they didn't break me out or anything, but they just don't work. i'm sticking to garnier.