January 28, 2015 | 1846 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes Night Calming

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by xjustinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been very pleased with these wipes; they do the job and take off all of my makeup at the end of the day, before I use a hydrating cleanser. I don't understand how you would have to use more than one wipe at a time, since I use every square centimeter of each one. The scent is fresh and relaxing, though I only bought the night calming wipes because they happened to be on sale at Ulta at the time. I definitely recommend not skipping a facial cleanser after removing your makeup, since this leaves a dewy (almost oily) sheen on my face that I'm not a big fan of. Another plus was that this doesn't sting my eyes if I accidentally rub too hard on my lower lashes, and it takes everything off for me. My cheeks will be slightly red after using a wipe but it fades within a few minutes. I'll save a wipe from the night before to use in the morning if I make a small mistake with eyeliner, mascara, etc. I will be buying these again since they're only about $8 and I buy it once a month.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BrandiD81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used these and it did take my makeup off really well but.... within 5 min of using I broke out in red blotches all of my face. I NEVER break out. My husband said it looked like I had chicken pots on my face. They were dry (which again my skin never is). I posted a pic of the container on Facebook and immediately had a friend say they did the same thing to her. I would never but these again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't understand the negative comments on this wipes.
First of all, you shouldn't expect any type of makeup remover to do both remove the makeup and cleanse the face, you should always cleanse after , I don't care what the package says.

I actually really like these wipes, they take off my makeup and my mascara, fortunately I don't feel the burn many are complaining about.
The packaging could be better but will still buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the negative reviews. I have acne-prone combination skin that is on the dryer side and I tend to get flakes from time to time. These makeup removing wipes work really well at getting rid of face makeup, but I use the Neutrogena eye makeup remover with a flat cotton pad before using this. These wipes pick up the remaining residue and any foundation that I have on. I love the smell, and the texture of the wipes are very soft. I have felt it tingle a little bit, but it doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My quest for make up removing wipes continues. I purchased these as I figured I couldn't go wrong with Neutrogena.

Pros: The smell is actually pretty nice, very calming.

Cons: These wipes take way to many wipes to get the make up off. My previous make up wipes a no name brand from Coles which are way cheaper get off a full face of make up off with only one wipe. These you need at least 4 wipes with not even heavy makeup. There's also too much product on the wipe as your skin feels slimy and filmy afterwards.

Sorry neutrogena your sunscreens are awesome but I won't buy your wipes again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I have used both these calming wipes as well as the hydrating wipes. I compared the ingredients and noticed that there aren't much differences. Yes, there are different ingredients in both due to the different fragrances, the main cleansing ingredients are the same and thus I find them work the same.

There's 25 pre-moistened towelettes in a pack for a price ranging from 4.99-7.99. I've seen them priced at $7.99 CDN at places like London Drugs/Shoppers Drug Mart, and around $6.00CDN in places like Walmart/Superstore. Because of such a price different, I stock up on these wipes whenever I go to the states. Target sells these particular, calming wipes for $6.49 US, same price as the Hydrating wipes, and the regular refills are $4.99US. So whenever I go down to the states, I will just stock up on 5 of these.

I use these wipes whenever I wear a full face of make up (Primer, Full coverage foundation, full coverage concealer, powder, contour, eyeshadow, liner, waterproof mascara). These wipes are able to remove EVERYTHING, regardless if it is waterproof or not. One sheet is enough for me to remove my whole face and so one pack of these wipes are able to last me around 2 months as I don't wear a full face of makeup everyday.

These calming wipes do not sting my eyes or irritate my skin. In fact, none of these Neutrogena make up remover wipes irritate my eyes or my skin. Although the packaging claims that rinsing is unnecessary, I still rinse and cleanse my face with my facial cleanser to ensure that my skin is squeaky clean, free of make up.

The only downside to these wipes are the packaging. After a couple of use, the stickiness of the flaps are gone and in comes the air which dries the wipes out! Because of this, I store the whole package of wipes in a ziplock bag to ensure that no air gets in even if the flap is not fully closed. I know I can easily fix this buy purchasing the box in which the refills go in, but everytime I look for the case, I don't find it. I guess until then, I'll stick with the ziplock bag haha!

I will definitely continue purchasing these wipes because they do an amazing job in so little time. It leaves my skin free of make up! I do think the price range can leave these wipes somewhat pricey, but if you do find a place that sells them for less, definitely stock up!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkiex0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This sucks! I have super sensitive skin ad these burned my skin and made me breakout! They take off no makeup, the package would peel and they would dry out,they do nothing! Suck!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I now use olive oil after these wipes, because these don't do their job. What I do is try to wipe all my makeup off, then I go in with olive oil and rinse with water, which ALWAYS gets the rest of my makeup off. Always make sure to use a cleanser after. After I finish these wipes, I will be moving on to either a different makeup remover or just going with olive oil. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mishukitty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unlike some previous reviewers, I loved this product. It gently removes makeup without leaving your skin feeling tight. Any waterproof makeup is going to require a little more rubbing. I was concerned about this because I use waterproof mascara and eye liner. However, just moving to a new spot on the towelette and continuing to gently rub took off all my makeup and left my eyes soft and silky. My one gripe is the packaging. It's hard to pull out just one towelette at a time. But I'm a believer in this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by CountryChick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pro: Gets the job done. All my makeup is off my face. Leaves a nice coldish feel on my face.

Con: The feel left on my face is cold and nice, but it's a sticky feeling! The smell isn't bad at all, but the feel is kinda tight.