October 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sabregoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan. I've tried tons of serums, and this is nothing special. In fact, it is more runny than the typical serum, and "pills up" when layered under the wrong moisturizer. I had to literally brush the rolled up pieces of it off my face before I could put one makeup. It is not very moisturizing, either. I much prefer Advaced Night Repair for a similar product with better results and better quality product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this serum (that I sneaked from my mom's dresser :p) for a few months but it dried up my skin too much. Im in my early 20s and already developed some wrinkles and fine lines and thought this could help. It made my mom's skin dry too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

For the first 3 weeks I thought this serum was doing nothing for my skin. I was bummed that I spent so much money on it and was planning on returning it. But I was busy and couldn't get to Macys the following week, so I held onto it and continued to use it (couldn't hurt, right?). Well, come about the end of the week (week 4, so roughly 28-30 days), I noticed one morning that my face looked really luminous and even. My skin looked really, really good. Huh. I guess it took that long for the results to become apparent in my skin. And I've got to say, I am impressed. I really like what I see results-wise. And I know it is attributed to the Genifique because that is the only change in my skincare. So in the end, I'm glad I didn't return this right away. I apply the Genifique on clean skin as my very first step, twice a day (morning and night). Then I follow with whatever other serums or moisturizers I plan on using. I love this serum now, and the gorgeous clear glow it's given my skin. I plan on using it for as long as it keeps providing such great results. I also recommend that everyone give it AT LEAST 30 days to see results. :)

I've been using Genifique for over 3 months, and I absolutely wouldn't be without it. In fact, when I repurchase I plan on buying the extra large 2.5 ounce bottle. It's about $30.00 more than the 1.7 ounce bottle, but also about 50% more serum, so it's a better deal. Love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did nothing for my skin. Waste of money. Overhyped, as many Lancome products.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Foxglove08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm afraid I just don't see the point of this product. After two weeks of nightly use it has made no apparent difference to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I applied this product right after I washed my face and not an hour later my face began to itch like crazy. Along with the itchy came a dry tight feeling after a couple of hours I couldn't stand it and had to wash my face and put on my basic moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

For the price I should not receive a product heavy on alcohol and castor oil. This serum contains nothing earth shattering and so its merely an over-hyped, over-priced product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MaggieMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am over 50 and my skin shows it
This serum is truly miraculous.
After five days my skin looks much younger and it start getting radiant .
It is expensive but it works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by gracieflo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for an effective serum that would decrease fine lines, rehydrate my skin and improve tone. Anyway, to cut a long story short, this serum didn't fit the bill. I like the texture but while putting it on there is a distinct whiff of alcohol - alcohol is so bad for the skin! I checked the ingredients and lo and behold, there is a LOT of alcohol in this serum. As would be expected based on the amount of alcohol, this serum dried out my skin. Further, it caused breakouts and actually stung when I put it on. Worst of all, it did not improve my fine lines etc. etc. The fact that it is expensive adds insult to injury.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think L'Oreal Youth Code is the same thing ingredient wise. I believe this a sister owned company of Lancôme. I have used both.

If you love the Lancôme, save some money and buy the L'Oreal Youth Code.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No