October 20, 2014 | 2113 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Light Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pissinginariver

Probably one of the best moisturisers I've used. Lightweight for acne-prone/combination skin but with good moisture. Definitely keeps skin moisturised for a long time, slides onto skin. No breakouts. Bad bottle though, a pump would be better

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love my Simple Foaming Face Wash so much that I decided to try the moisturizer. I'm not very impressed with it at all. It's just so-so. It's not oily, it doesn't smell, and it doesn't make me break out, but it just doesn't seem to offer anything that would encourage me to purchase it again.

The bottle is a good size and you don't need very much of it because it spreads very well. I really wish I liked this moisturizer more because it's a great value. I use it from time to time and it's always just "meh". My skin doesn't feel softer after using it, and it doesn't seem brighter or more moisturized.

It's an okay moisturizer, and the bottle will last me a very long time. It just wasn't right for me personally.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Willillicious56

This moisturizer is a noticeable improvement from my last one I was using, but to be fair, that one was more appropriate for oilier skin. This definitely hydrates my skin well, and i notice it minimizes my flaky areas also, but it doesn't completely neutralize them. I did notice that it has a weird odor, but nothing too strong to turn me off the product altogether. It has a very thick consistency which I liked, but sometimes it leaves me looking greasy during the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this makes my wintery skin feel like silk. I bought this on sale so I didn't pay full price but honestly I would pay full price for these results. So far no reactions from my sensitive combo skin, I'll update if I do get them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by theartyard

Pros:
- doesn't break me out
- doesn't make my oily skin any oiler
- doesn't irritate my skin- skin looks less red
-nice packaging
-relatively cheap

Cons:
- It contains glitter particles...just why?! It's not hugely noticeable from a distance, but upon closer inspection, you can definitely see it.
- doesn't moisturise flaky areas very well (though to be fair, the product does state it is a 'light' moisturiser)

EDIT: I like this a lot. When I ran out and switched to other products, my skin started breaking out and became oilier, redder. I realised how much I missed this light moisturiser as it was keeping my skin clear and smooth. My only gripe about this product is that it doesn't moisturise enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Nads98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to have really oily skin (before I got into a proper skincare routine) but now I'm mainly oily on my nose area as I have managed to control everywhere else. I first used this moisturizer when I was oily and I felt it was not moisturizing my skin properly, I was happy it was light which is what i wanted, but it just didn't sink in/make my skin feel soft - it left an uncomfortable feel. I do like simple products because they are don't use harsh ingredients but every product I've used from there just doesn't do anything because it's so gentle. My skin has never improved (or luckily be made worse) by any of their skin care products.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by beegirl2000

Burns my face :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I first used this moisturizer I noticed that it was great to begin with but then started to burn around my mouth some. I don't know whether it's because that area of mine has always been very sensitive to moisturizers and some foundations in the past or what. And, it did soothe and moisturize my face but it dried to a quite drying feeling and I needed to reapply in some parts again. A little does go along way with this, and I am in love with the consistency, better than any moisturizer I have ever used! I just wished it was more moisturizing for me and didn't burn around my mouth and on my chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by vicky97

In my opinion this moisturizer is amazing! it does exactly what it says :-) My skin feels hydrated all day . my face feels fresh and simply great after using it. Love the way it has vitamins , vitamin E comes in handy for me. Really great , my skin feels great all day long . i usually put it on every night before i go to bed and every morning :-) Great product , highly recommend it !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by illbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over a year. It's my staple moisturizer. I have very very oily skin and have struggled to find a product that wasn't too much or not enough for my skin type. This product does just what it says; it lightly hydrates my skin and leaves me feeling moisturizer all day. Im so glad it's in Canada now. I got mine at walmart for about $12 for 4.2oz which lasts me about 4months. The packaging is a bit cheap, the little flip lid almost always breaks on me but that's no big deal to me. I also have to store my bottle upside down because it's easier for me to squeeze the product out. If you wanna try it out but don't want to spend the $12CDN (lotion only) they have a sample kit for the same price that has their face wash, toner, lotion and wipes (which are amazing btw). I hope this was helpfully to someone out there. Take care