CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference: I have very dry skin.

This formula is really for people with dry skin. I would steer clear if you have "normal" skin. (despite what the packaging says) I would recommend going with the normal formula. (same pump bottle, but has a blue stripe instead of the green)

I am pleased overall with this cleanser. It doesn't lather, and has the consistency of a moisturizer, but does a good job. It is very gentle and adds quite a bit of moisture to my parched skin. I went from using moisturizer 2x a day, to now only once.
(I will post an update once the winter comes, and I can fully determine if this product can moisturize for when my skin is at it's driest)
I also think the redness in my cheeks has reduced since I started using this too. I can't say for sure if this is because of the facewash, or if it is just because my skin is less dry. Either way, I am using less foundation, and my skin is much more even in tone.

It does not remove all makeup. Saying it does it just silly. I gave it a shot when I first purchased. I used it dry, without water, on a full face of makeup. It appeared like it washed away everything! I took a makeup remover wipe afterwards, and saw quite a bit of foundation and eyeshadow that was left behind. Not an issue for me - but does add another step to my nightly routine.

TLDR: It does a great job, doesn't remove makeup fully. Perfect for people with very dry and sensitive skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Turns out its not hype, this stuffs amazing. I'd been using wipes to remove makeup but on there own, its an overwhelming task to get my full face, neck and for being truly cleaned would end up using two or three of them. A fav product of mine and so economical

Began using this cleanser and leaves my skin immediately feeling so soft plus removes makeup very well for me. I still use a wipe, sometimes splitting to half a wipe to follow up to get do touch up finish cleaning - across face but moreso ears, back of neck , spots where would get messy washing with cleanser & trying to rinse.

The best cleanser ever. Oh, cerave, I love you so.

This is an amazing cleanser. It is gentle, moisturizing and effective. It removes makeup easily without stripping my skin. It is my go to cleaner. I was actually surprised how much I liked it when I first purchased it. It's a must try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I didn't care for this at all. It doesn't dry out the skin, but it doesn't clean well either. A lot of product must be used. I also didn't care for how this felt on my face.

I love this stuff. I have pretty dehydrated skin but an oily forehead and I get some mild hormonal acne on my cheeks/jaw line. This product removes excess oil and product residue without stripping my skin. (I usually wear a light layer of BB cream for complexion and pretty much never have a full face of makeup - so I have not tested this as a makeup remover.)

I get that some people don't like this cleanser because it doesn't leave you with the "clean feeling". This is because it's not stripping your skin. You decide if this is what you want/need.

It has no scent at all. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out.

This cleanser is nothing to write home about. Its does not foam. Its feels slippery like a lotion. Its doesn't not strip your skin at all. I almost feel like I use extra product just to make sure my skin is cleansed. This product does not break me out but i can see how it can cause others too. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wish I could give this a zero rating! Unfortunately this cleanser broke me out big time, within just a few uses. I had been using Cetaphil and my skin was looking a little dry, so I thought this would be a good alternative. My skin broke out in rash like bumps, little flesh colored ones and much larger painful red bumps. Overall my skin looked greasy (something my very dry face hasn't experienced in a long time!) and very inflammed, even previously calm pimples were red and sore. Ended up giving this to a relative without acne-prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

After a negative reaction with Eucerin's Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser, I looked for a facial wash that would cleanse without foaming, stripping, or causing a burning sensation. I have combination skin with an oily, acne-prone T-zone and normal to dry, sensitive cheeks. I didn't have a negative reaction, but my skin still felt oily after cleansing and rinsing repeatedly. I suspect this product is best for skin that is all over normal to dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using CeraVe for 7 years now and don't ever plan on stopped. I've introduced it to countless number of friends and family because it's the ONE SOLID brand in my skin care that I will never change (unless they change).

Clear, thin, watery consistency. Easy to spread all over face. A little goes a long way (this applies to CeraVe’s entire line of skin care products) and fragrance-free. Upon washing your face with it, you'll feel like there's this residual film left over on your skin. I like to tell myself this is the ceramide barrier in CeraVe's products :) You'll get used to it.

This stuff seriously saved my skin when I had an outbreak of painful pityriasis alba. Thank you so much CeraVe!!