April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mi6

I have combination oily skin and every time I use this face wash i find myself breaking out, i think its too harsh on my skin and did not work well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by dtseluj

Bought this at a buy 2 get 1 free, so no complaints about price. The problem is how it has to be used.

I apply BB cream every day, and this cleanser in no way removes it, much less the grease and grime accumulated throughout the day. If I don't rinse it off, it leaves a sticky film upon swiping with a cotton ball or pad. It feels better with a rinse immediately thereafter.

Granted it does not leave your skin dry, but with Benzyl Alcohol being the 5th ingredient, it surely does strip away your natural moisture barrier.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by uberuninspired

the good - doesn't break me out, isn't too drying, isn't too oily, generally comfortable to use, smells good.
the bad - doesn't really remove your make up well.

still, quite dependable and i'll repurchase if i can't find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just did a review on a toner that goes with this and anyway I love them both! They both seem to improve my skin and doesnt make my skin feel sensitive or sore which usually makes it break out. Takes makeup off well, you will need 2-3 goes with a cotton pad but I haven't found a cleanser yet where you can just use 1 pad to get it all off.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by veggie4life79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the smell of this right off the bat. The scent is so fresh and delightful. The sales associate recommended this for me because I have combo skin and needed to control my acne. The first week or so it did wonders for my skin. It reduced my acne and made my skin so soft. But after that week.... breakout city. I don't know what happened but suddenly my face was one big zit.
I would definitely never repurchase this again. The only up side? The smell is fantastic! They should make this smell into a body butter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went into the body shop to get a rec for a product for clearing minor acne on combo skin. The SA rec'd this for me in a set of sample sizes. I haven't identified exactly which ingredient does it, but this breaks me out like mad. I'm thinking it's the algin and algae extracts in it.
For the first couple of days using it, it does do wonders for my skin. But after 2-3 days... I'm breakout/blemish city.
Sad, I wanted to love this. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by miimz

I used this product for about six months and it kept me blemish free the whole time. My skin felt a little softer after using it but not anything drastic. The smell is really refreshing. The only thing that I didn't like about this cleanser is it didn't seem to wash off my makeup very well. I would buy this again if my skin started getting blemishes because it does a great job at preventing pimples :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I have a strange feeling for this cleanser. Like a love hate thing. This is not the most comfortable cleanser. It stings and numbs parts of my face when I apply it, my lips especially gets affected by the numbness every time. It does not really remove everything either, I wud say 95% of mu. I still have to followup with a rinse off foam cleanser in order to get all residue off my face. So in that sense, I do not like this. HOWEVER, before I started using this, I had a real bad case of acne boom on my jawline, small to big ones, all types, and it was UGLY. I did notice, after I started to use this cleanser, the acne eruptions subsided, and the small ones disappeared. The big ones are slowly going too. So seriously, I think the cleanser has some credit to it. Hence the love. I will probably rebuy this, since it is not that expensive and it does help my complexion. Just wish it did not sting and numb so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by aprettypetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does NOT cleanse. After using it, I wipe my face with a face cloth and I can see my make up had transfered onto it - make up that should have been washed away by the cleanser. I use a toner and the cotton ball is covered with foundation (and not just traces of it). This thing does not remove natural oils and dirt from your face either - maybe that's why its non-drying to the skin - unfortunately that also means clogged pores for everyone who uses it. Save your money and try Burt's Radiance cleanser or Derma e's papaya and/or glycolic cleanser, which I've read great reviews on/removes everyday dirt and makeup, are around the same price, and natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by msnicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product line. I have super oily skin and while it did cut some of the oil but it also broke my face out pretty badly. Thinking because I was at the 3rd month of my Clarisonic and that was breaking me out I changed the brush. All was well for about a week and then right back the breakouts.